[RC2] Multiple PM Recipients 0.6.1 (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
hmartin

[RC2] Multiple PM Recipients 0.6.1 (MMW)

Post by hmartin »

MOD Title: Multiple PM Recipients
MOD Description: This MOD allows private messages to be sent to multiple users at once. This basically allows such things as Mass PMing. Max number of recipients can be configured in the ACP for different privelege levels (user, moderator, and admin). German translation included, thanks to lefty74. Includes on ACP panel to send PMs out to groups or all users (written by netzmeister). New in 0.6 is username autocompletion (similiar to gmail).

MOD Version: 0.6.1

Download: http://epfarms.org/~hmartin/Multiple_PM ... ts_0_6.zip
Last edited by hmartin on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Good Stuff, I will be watching this topic.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
kber

Post by kber »

i think this option should be only 4 admin :wink:
Mr Papa

Post by Mr Papa »

nice, have been looking for this... was gonna take a look at it myself, but you are gonna save me time for other projects 8)

Will take a look and keep an eye on this one...

Mr Papa
crazyhellos

Post by crazyhellos »

Hopefully you can fix the last know bug, than it will be great to install :lol: :lol:
dcz

Post by dcz »

yes an admin only option can be good to this one ;)

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
Mr Papa

Post by Mr Papa »

Option heavy I think is the right way to go... Allow to turn on/off per group or set number of recipients per group...

Mr Papa
hmartin

Post by hmartin »

The latest update allows searching for usernames, but they cannot automatically be copied back over from the popup search window (i.e. the user must copy them by hand).
To fix the tab bug, there were two options: one was to autofocus the newly added user field, while still not being able to tab between them. The other was to disable tabindexing entirely and force the user to tab through all of the smilies, bbcode, etc. I chose the former as the less of two evils, although it would be trivial to modify for the latter.
The last bug is really big one that needs to be fixed before release, if anyone could provide any pointers on this I'd appreciate it.
ACP control is coming soon.
ZombieSlayer

Post by ZombieSlayer »

The last error seems more like an error with the email side than your MOD.

I don't know enough about the email system to be of any real help. All I can suggest is checking to see if your smpt settings are correct, and ask your host if mass emailing is allowed.
hmartin

Post by hmartin »

ZombieSlayer wrote: I don't know enough about the email system to be of any real help. All I can suggest is checking to see if your smpt settings are correct, and ask your host if mass emailing is allowed.

Hmm, I'll ask my host about mass emailing. In the meantime, can someone try sending PMs to multiple users who have email notifcations turned on and tell me your result either way?
ZombieSlayer

Post by ZombieSlayer »

No errors and everyone got the email alert and pm.
hmartin

Post by hmartin »

ZombieSlayer wrote: No errors and everyone got the email alert and pm.

Ok, I'll assume it's a problem with my server config.
Version 0.3 of this mod is now out, which allows configuration of the max number of PMs from the ACP.
beggers

Post by beggers »

This sounds great. I have a fairly large board so the potential for abuse is pretty high. I'm hoping you've give us a way to limit the feature to moderators or higher (or another option would be to limit it to certain users). Thanks!
penelope_b

Post by penelope_b »

--authorization for only certain groups/statuses/etc to send multiple PMs

Soon as that happens, I'm all over it. Thanks for developing this!
DKing

Post by DKing »

looks good.

Pretty simple mod I'd say... for the simplest form of this mod, you'd just modify the text box for inputing usernames and make it a textarea... use a explode with ";" which people would put between usernames... add all usernames instead of just one. Of course then it gets harder when you get into permissions and stuff.
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”