debugger showes time zone error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
wizboy8

debugger showes time zone error

Post by wizboy8 »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.6
What is your board's URL? http://dracomancer.net/phpbb3/
Who do you host your board with? I Host It Myself
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
What styles do you currently have installed? Defaults + Dark Fantasy
What language(s) is your board currently using? Eng UK
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
When did your problem begin? just after installation
Please describe your problem. i keep geting the folowing message on the home screen:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 86: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /index.php on line 86: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '0.0/no DST' instead

this is no mistake i get the same message twice i also get this message on the view topic screen:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '0.0/no DST' instead

Pleaase help me out i would be most apreciative
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3396 $)
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: debugger showes time zone error

Post by ric323 »

A quick search on "timezone identifier" gives http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 35&start=0
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
John P
Name: John

Post by John P »

Using php5.3?
set your timezone in php.ini
Webhosting, Custom MODs, Technical management, MOD installation and Webdesign
wizboy8

Post by wizboy8 »

sorry i searched a lot of things but that was not one of them