My Album Question

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Magister

My Album Question

Post by Magister »

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the correct place =) My first post here and would hate to get off on the wrong foot straight away (chuckle).

Anywho, on to the reason why I popped in:

I belong to a guild and we use a phpbb forum for our guild activities - however our leader has been trying to use the "My Album" feature to post pictures in threads and have them be viewable by all visiting the thread as thumbnails.

Now, the best I have been able to accomplish is using the IMG button in the reply menu to add the picture from my personal gallery, and it shows up the thread perfectly fine for me (or for anyone who actually makes the post) - however for anyone else viewing it all they see is the gallery picture number (for example: 212) which will be a link to the gallery and when they click on it you get greeted by:

"General Error - Not Authorised"

I have checked through all my personal settings and I can't see any options for making my personal album public or anything like that really.

The only thing I can see is in the album itself under each picture you upload is the "lock / unlock" feature. but they are all unlocked so I am really at a loss.

Not sure which version of phpbb we are using or what mods are installed - the only information I can give you is what is at the bottom of the forums, ie:

Protected by phpBB Security © phpBB-Amod :: phpBB Security
@ 2007 The Integra Team
@ 2007 phpBB Group
:: Theme dark, by Helter Skelter ::

Here's to hoping someone can shed some light on this, and thanks very much in advance,

Cheers,

Magister.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: My Album Question

Post by Mick »

Please fill out the support request template to enable us to assist you better.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Magister

Post by Magister »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? I Don't Know
What is your board's URL? http://www.guildbloodline.com/portal.ph ... 7e4fbd5ad8
Who do you host your board with? http://whois.domaintools.com/guildbloodline.com
How did you install your board? Someone else installed my board for me
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? I don't know I'm not the owner
What styles do you currently have installed? I don't know
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? n/a
What password can be used to view this issue? n/a
When did your problem begin? Well we have been trying to figure it out since last night, although I have no idea when it started to be honest.
Please describe your problem. Hello,

I hope I am posting in the correct place =) My first post here and would hate to get off on the wrong foot straight away (chuckle).

Anywho, on to the reason why I popped in:

I belong to a guild and we use a phpbb forum for our guild activities - however our leader has been trying to use the "My Album" feature to post pictures in threads and have them be viewable by all visiting the thread as thumbnails.

Now, the best I have been able to accomplish is using the IMG button in the reply menu to add the picture from my personal gallery, and it shows up the thread perfectly fine for me (or for anyone who actually makes the post) - however for anyone else viewing it all they see is the gallery picture number (for example: 212) which will be a link to the gallery and when they click on it you get greeted by:

"General Error - Not Authorised"

I have checked through all my personal settings and I can't see any options for making my personal album public or anything like that really.

The only thing I can see is in the album itself under each picture you upload is the "lock / unlock" feature. but they are all unlocked so I am really at a loss.

Not sure which version of phpbb we are using or what mods are installed - the only information I can give you is what is at the bottom of the forums, ie:

Protected by phpBB Security ?? phpBB-Amod :: phpBB Security
@ 2007 The Integra Team
@ 2007 phpBB Group
:: Theme dark, by Helter Skelter ::

Here's to hoping someone can shed some light on this, and thanks very much in advance,

Cheers,

Magister.
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 3603 $)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

This is a version 2 board. Support for version 2 ended over a year ago. Support is limited to assistance with converting to version 3. And the Album feature is a MOD and not a part of phpbb anyway.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Magister

Post by Magister »

Ok thanks very much then - thought it would be worth a try
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and on top of that, you are using a premod version of phpbb2 called integramod and I think that has been discontinued as well ( not positive about that, do a google search for integramod ).

to answer your question, you can link to the actual image and not the album link in a post and it will work with the img bbcode like you were trying to do.

in other words, go to your album, click on the image you want to use. when you see it in your browser, right click on it and view properties or copy link or whatever you see there.

copy the actual link/path to the image to your clipboard and then go paste that into the [ img ] [ /img] bbcode tags and see if it works.

robetrt
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Magister

Post by Magister »

thank-you for the replies =)

Yes, we have been able to get the IMG /IMG code to work - sadly this only gives us full sized pictures. We were hoping to try to figure out how to make the images appear as thumbnails =)

I am simply a user (regular member) of the guild. The person who actually OWNS the domain and the forums - no longer plays the game and simply donated the forums to us for our use. I am not sure how much she is still around - which is why the information I could give you was so sparse.

I did notice somehting however, when looking at the links to do the IMG code...

When using the img properties taken from the thumbnail in the gallery I get a link like this:

http://www.guildbloodline.com/album_sho ... ser_id=296

now if you click on the img and make it bigger - you get a link like this:

http://www.guildbloodline.com/album_pic ... ser_id=296

the only difference in the two lines being:

"&full=true"

Now - if I use the first link - the img code doesn't work. I simply get a little box with a little red dot in the bottom right corner.

If I use the 2nd link - I get a full sized picture.

I am wondering if there is some argument I can change that "&full=true" to, to allow me to view that picture as a thumbnail?

Thanks again!

Magister.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

This has nothing to do with phpbb support, sorry.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Magister wrote:thank-you for the replies =)

Yes, we have been able to get the IMG /IMG code to work - sadly this only gives us full sized pictures. We were hoping to try to figure out how to make the images appear as thumbnails =)

I am simply a user (regular member) of the guild. The person who actually OWNS the domain and the forums - no longer plays the game and simply donated the forums to us for our use. I am not sure how much she is still around - which is why the information I could give you was so sparse.

I did notice somehting however, when looking at the links to do the IMG code...

When using the img properties taken from the thumbnail in the gallery I get a link like this:

http://www.guildbloodline.com/album_sho ... ser_id=296

now if you click on the img and make it bigger - you get a link like this:

http://www.guildbloodline.com/album_pic ... ser_id=296

the only difference in the two lines being:

"&full=true"

Now - if I use the first link - the img code doesn't work. I simply get a little box with a little red dot in the bottom right corner.

If I use the 2nd link - I get a full sized picture.

I am wondering if there is some argument I can change that "&full=true" to, to allow me to view that picture as a thumbnail?

Thanks again!

Magister.
not really. I know very little about how the integramod setup worked or what is included in it.

I think I remember that there is a way when using the built in gallery to be able to show the image thumbnails in a post but you would have to ask somewhere else about it.

here ya go:
http://www.integramod.com/forum/portal.php

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Helter Skelter

Post by Helter Skelter »

IntegraMOD141 is phpBB2.0.23

go to your album, click on an image and collect the album image number. It will be at the end of the page URL and it will be listed on the page as "BBCode:[albumimg]IMAGE#[/albumimg]"

as an example we will say it is [albumimg]44[/albumimg]

When you make a post, select the image bbcode button (looks like two mountains with a sun over the top of them)
in the pop up that says
Do you want to display an album image?

This will display an image from
the image gallery.

Cancel will link to an external image
select "ok"
in the pop up that says
Do you want the image to be displayed as a thumbnail?

Click cancel if you want the image to be displayed at full size.
select "ok"

in the pop up that says
Enter the gallery image number
enter 44 or whatever your image number is.
select "ok"

in the pop up that says
Enter image position.
LEFT = Position to left of text.
RIGHT = Position to right of text.
CENTER = Center in line.
Leave blank for no positioning.
leave blank

after you submit your post, the thumbnail should display until you click on the image
Lumpy Burgertushie

there ya go, I knew it was something already setup in integramod to do this. actually, it is part of the gallery implementation if I remember right.

thanks,
robert

Magister

Post by Magister »

When I do that - or when anyone does that - (cause we figured this much out for ourselves already hehe) - shows us exactly what we want - we think we have posted a successful img as a thumbnail and it shows up for anyone who actually posted the message the way it should.

But as I mentioned - ANYONE ELSE looking at the message - it doesn't show up.

All anyone else sees is the IMG number from the gallery (ie: 212) it appears as a link and if someone clicks on that link they get taken to a page that says general error - no authorization.

This is what led me to go on a merry search of the internet to find the solution =)

Thanks again,

Magister.

**Edit - Our guildleader managed to finally track down the person who owns our board and she fixed whatever setting was causing the issue =)

Thanks for the assistance!
Lumpy Burgertushie

if that person is not going to be around to maintain the board, then maybe she should give those duties and access to someone else.

robert

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”