Double Titles and Quote ??

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
nabeelmallick

Double Titles and Quote ??

Post by nabeelmallick »

When i view a topic in my forums i have a lil problem.. there is a double 'user title' whether custom or based on post it doesnot matter..

and strangely there is a "Quote link" which when clicked takes me to the "Quick Reply" box which i have
installed yesterday..

im not sure which file takes care of this issue and what needs to be checked/change in there.. screenshot has been added..

Beeba is the author title which is duplicated..
Quote link is also shown there :?
Attachments
check.JPG
check.JPG (6.48 KiB) Viewed 530 times
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Double Titles and Quote ??

Post by karlsemple »

and strangely there is a "Quote link" which when clicked taked me to the "Quick Reply" box which i have
installed yesterday..
Sounds like something the modification added, you need to check through the mod install to make sure you have not made a mistake it will also give you a clue where you need to edit to adjust this :)
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

thanks.. one more question if you know off hand which file takes care of this issue.. will save some time for me.. :D
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

nabeelmallick wrote:thanks.. one more question if you know off hand which file takes care of this issue.. will save some time for me.. :D

The template file is likely to be viewtopic_body.html, the php file will be viewtopic.php
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

thanks,,, i checked viewtopic.php and that seems ok.. and that was for sure included in the mod.. i will check viewbody_html ..
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

ok heres a bit of coude from viewtopic_body.html i think this is the one which needs to be checked... can you please check it and let me know what shouldn't be there??

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not postrow.S_IGNORE_POST -->
			<dl class="postprofile" id="profile{postrow.POST_ID}">
			<dt>
				<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_AVATAR -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><a href="{postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR}">{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}</a><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<!-- ENDIF --><br />
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- We use "\r\n" newline here because insert_text() JS function doesn't insert newline with "\n" (at least in Windows) -->
				<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><a href="#postform" onclick="insert_text('[b]{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}[/b]\r\n'); return false;"<!-- IF postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR --> style="color: {postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR}" <!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR}</a><!-- ELSE --><!-- IF not postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><!-- We use "\r\n" newline here because insert_text() JS function doesn't insert newline with "\n" (at least in Windows) -->
			<!-- IF not postrow.RANK_TITLE --><br /><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><dd><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><br /><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
			</dt>

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->

<dd>&nbsp;</dd>

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_POSTS}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_POSTS}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_JOINED --><dd><strong>{L_JOINED}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_JOINED}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_FROM --><dd><strong>{L_LOCATION}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_FROM}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
			<!-- Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- END custom_fields -->
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

Like i said check the mod install instructions..... it will tell you what you added and what you need to remove, we do not offer mod support here in the support forum, all mod support needs to be sought from the mods download topic :)
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

your time and help is greatly appreciated..

i have looked at the two mods i have installed over the weekend..

1. Quick reply
2. Hide bbc code..
i'll double check that one again...
one more question though ... removing that bit of code u pointed out (if its not a mod addition) will be ok?
if u are not sure i'll take a risk lol.. :lol:

--edit--

oops looks like u took the code out.. anyways.. i'll check the mod instructions yet again ... :ugeek:
Last edited by nabeelmallick on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

The code is a mod addition added by your quick reply mod. The code you have posted should be

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not postrow.S_IGNORE_POST -->
			<dl class="postprofile" id="profile{postrow.POST_ID}">
			<dt>
				<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_AVATAR -->
					<!-- IF postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><a href="{postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR}">{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}</a><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<!-- ENDIF --><br />
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF not postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}<!-- ENDIF -->
			</dt>

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->

<dd>&nbsp;</dd>

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_POSTS != '' --><dd><strong>{L_POSTS}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_POSTS}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_JOINED --><dd><strong>{L_JOINED}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_JOINED}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
		<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_FROM --><dd><strong>{L_LOCATION}:</strong> {postrow.POSTER_FROM}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_FIELD1 -->
			<!-- Use a construct like this to include admin defined profile fields. Replace FIELD1 with the name of your field. -->
			<dd><strong>{postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.PROFILE_FIELD1_VALUE}</dd>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

thanks once again..

i used my backup view_topic html... and then made edits described my the mod.. cleared template cache .. still
getting the 'Quote' link .. i have also posted in the mod thread i'll wait for his update. and yea strangely i dont see the duplicate "rank" title now.. :?

but its ok for me .. if its a bug it will help the mod author.. :D
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

If you re-applied the mod edits then of course it is still going to be there......it has been added by the quick reply mod.
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

so i am not sure if i remove it,,, what will be the next issue.. i think the mod author should look into the matter and see which additions are necessory for that mod and which if deleted/replaced will not raise an issue for the mod?

i can only speak as per my php knowledge 1/10 :lol:

if u have any better suggestion like removing or changing those edits will not harm the board/mod i will do it... :D
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

I would imagine all that code does it make it so you can quote the post and have it inserted into quick reply box, I would not imagine removing it would cause any issues with quick reply or the running of the board. However as you say this is a mod issue now so you may want to continue this in the mods download topic as that is the correct place :)
nabeelmallick

Post by nabeelmallick »

thanks once again.. it was indeed included in the mod :lol:

the mod author was kind enough to help me how to remove it... :mrgreen:

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”