Which is the best

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Cyborgzz

Which is the best

Post by Cyborgzz »

Which is the best version of php is it 3.0.0,3.0.1,3.0.2 ......And i also want the feature of categorization

Forums

Test Forum 1
Test Forum 2

ETC
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Which is the best

Post by KevC »

The latest version is always the one you should be on. So, 3.0.2

You can make categories in phpBB3.
Manage forums
type: category
parent: none
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Cyborgzz

Post by Cyborgzz »

From where i can view all the Demos of Php Versions like php3.0.2,php3.0.1 and etc
Kim_Possible

Post by Kim_Possible »

You are viewing the demo for phpBB 3.0.2 (this site). There are no official demos of earlier versions of 3.0.x. Each "version" is a minor upgrade, fixing bugs. 3.0.x is feature frozen for the most part.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

All versions of phpBB3x look the same.
The default installation looks like this
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/

This board is also running it but is using a different style and some custom tweaks.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
DarkGod
I've Been Banned!

Post by DarkGod »

Cyborgzz wrote:From where i can view all the Demos of Php Versions like php3.0.2,php3.0.1 and etc
If you mean the ACP (admin control panel), try using Google.

Here's a short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v5SAIZP168
Be sure to click "watch in high quality". The video is a bit blurry.

The best way to learn phpBB3 is to get down and dirty with it in the ACP. See what does what and make mistakes. You'll learn as you go, and you'll figure out how to make a more efficient and organized setup when you finally do go live.

phpBB 3.0.3 is coming out soon (don't ask when). What I suggest is getting 3.0.2 right now, play with it, then go live with a fresh installation of 3.0.3 (or later) and make the setup you want.
greggish

Post by greggish »

5.0.4 is considered by most to be the best. It was the first version to have the new communal decentralized moderation features, and has been shown over time to be the most stable version.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

greggish wrote:5.0.4 is considered by most to be the best. It was the first version to have the new communal decentralized moderation features, and has been shown over time to be the most stable version.
err what?
Chris SmithGitHub
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

ToonArmy wrote:err what?
hahaha, im assuming he means the PHP version and not the phpBB version. i would like to know where he got his information though. :lol:
Kim_Possible

Post by Kim_Possible »

Maybe he is a mysterious visitor from the distant future, sent here to guide mankind into more "communal decentralized moderation." :lol:
A_O_C wrote:hahaha, im assuming he means the PHP version and not the phpBB version. i would like to know where he got his information though. :lol:
Or that. ;)
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

A_O_C wrote:
hahaha, im assuming he means the PHP version and not the phpBB version. i would like to know where he got his information though. :lol:
PHP doesn't have "communal decentralized moderation features" hence extreme confusion. :?
Chris SmithGitHub
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

ToonArmy wrote:PHP doesn't have "communal decentralized moderation features" hence extreme confusion. :?
*smacks head* whoops, somehow missed that part

:oops:
greggish

Post by greggish »

Kim_Possible wrote:
Maybe he is a mysterious visitor from the distant future, sent here to guide mankind into more "communal decentralized moderation." :lol:
That is essentially correct.
A_O_C wrote:hahaha, im assuming he means the PHP version and not the phpBB version. i would like to know where he got his information though. :lol:
Or that. ;)
Sorry. For the sake of the the stability of the time space continuum I can't be any more specific.
Ishimaru Chiaki
Name: Caroline

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

Today's lesson : Be sure to use the right words, PHP and phpBB aren't the same thing at all.

PHP is a Web development server-side language which is used to build dynamic Web pages. phpBB has been programmed with this language. You choose the version only if you are running your own server. Otherwise, it's up to your host admin's decision.

phpBB is the forum software with which you install your forum on your FTP account and have it ready to use in no time and so, you don't need to code your forum yourself (which requires a solid knowledge in PHP). Take the latest version. Each minor version fixes bugs and security issues.
I don't do customization anymore

Return to “phpBB Discussion”