easymod & phpbb3: workaround to use easymod in phpbb3

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
asinshesq
Name: Alan

easymod & phpbb3: workaround to use easymod in phpbb3

Post by asinshesq »

I don't know how long it will be before a phpbb3 compatible easymod version will be released (and I haven't taken a look at the easymod code to see how easy it will be to adapt easymod to phpbb3). But in the interim, here's a workaround that I haven't tried but that should work fine:

Assume you have a phpbb3 test board working correctly under a folder called phpbb3 and a live or test phpbb2 board (with easymod installed) working correctly under a folder called phpbb2, and you have a phpbb3 mod script you want to install in your phpbb3 test board. Try this:

- move the phpbb3 folder so that it is a subfolder under your phpbb2 folder

- go through the phpbb3 mod script and prepend all the file references in the OPEN commands and the COPY commands with 'phpbb3/'

- install the mod the regular way using easymod (but don't let easymod do the db changes...you should run those separately)

- move the phpbb3 folder back where it used to be

- run any database changes the mod has you make via phpmyadmin or whatever other db gui you use

That's all there is to it. Like I said, I haven't tried this but it should work fine.
geoffreak

Re: easymod & phpbb3: workaround to use easymod in phpbb3

Post by geoffreak »

Another thing you could do is just add in these in all the file name commands:

Code: Select all

../
This should work if you run easymod from a phpbb2 board and have a phpbb3 board in another directory.
Anime Revolution - Your new #1 source for All things anime and manga!
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: easymod & phpbb3: workaround to use easymod in phpbb3

Post by battye »

EasyMOD is not yet supported under phpBB3, nor are any MOD's (link: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=403779)

Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

Return to “phpBB Discussion”