IGN Style Colored Names

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
phreakwars

Re: IGN Style Colored Names

Post by phreakwars »

What I did on the SQL for the install (used my test board first) to keep all the current user settings and not the red boxed in colored names is the following SQL:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_color varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'normal';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_fontweight varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'bold';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_fontstyle varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'normal';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_background varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'transparent';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_decoration varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'none';
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD style_border varchar(255) NOT NULL default '1px solid normal';
Last edited by phreakwars on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

One issue I am having with it though, is when the user submits the changes they want, it does not work, but if they return to the profile page and hit submit again, it works the second time.

Not sure what would be causing that. The board is 3.0.4 and I used AUTOMOD to install it. It seems to have installed just fine and is functioning as it should otherwise.
RobinAndersson

Post by RobinAndersson »

Could someone please tell me how i can make the usernames shown in the Visitors Today Mod as well as regular, permanent links manually added to one of the HTML documents also get the colours from this mod?

Much appreciated!
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:One issue I am having with it though, is when the user submits the changes they want, it does not work, but if they return to the profile page and hit submit again, it works the second time.

Not sure what would be causing that. The board is 3.0.4 and I used AUTOMOD to install it. It seems to have installed just fine and is functioning as it should otherwise.
I noticed this with 3.0.4 more than other versions for whatever reason.
Did you clear the cached after you installed it?
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Of course. Like I said, it works, I just get that anomaly occurring.
paulbhoy

Post by paulbhoy »

Hi im trying to add this mod but i dont use prosilver so im assuming i substitute this with the style that i am using is that correct because in the styles template that i do use i cannot find the part posted below or do i still make the changes to the prosilver template.

<dl>
    <dt><label for="interests">{L_INTERESTS}:</label></dt>
    <dd><textarea name="interests" id="interests" class="inputbox" rows="3" cols="30">{INTERESTS}</textarea></dd>
</dl>
Do you need anymore info than that? thanks
paulbhoy

Post by paulbhoy »

Edit: forget above. i seem to have it installed ok as i got to the last part i got the message saying it was installed ok. But when go into acp to the part mentioned in this thread the option to allow the member to use this wont show up i have double checked file edits and they seem fine also i have ran the sql query. anyone know what i could be doing wrong. site is www.gfxheaven.net and its 3.0.4 if it helps. i can also provide a test acc if it helps
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

paulbhoy wrote:Edit: forget above. i seem to have it installed ok as i got to the last part i got the message saying it was installed ok. But when go into acp to the part mentioned in this thread the option to allow the member to use this wont show up i have double checked file edits and they seem fine also i have ran the sql query. anyone know what i could be doing wrong. site is http://www.gfxheaven.net and its 3.0.4 if it helps. i can also provide a test acc if it helps
Have you went into the ACP and set permissions for it so that people can use it?

The instructions say:
(In the admin panel, the permission is in the user overview, and for the user to change the color, it's in the main profile section (where you can change interests))
But this is inaccurate, you need to enable the permission under Users & Groups > Groups > Group permissions. Click the ADVANCED link for whichever group to see the setting
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:
paulbhoy wrote:Edit: forget above. i seem to have it installed ok as i got to the last part i got the message saying it was installed ok. But when go into acp to the part mentioned in this thread the option to allow the member to use this wont show up i have double checked file edits and they seem fine also i have ran the sql query. anyone know what i could be doing wrong. site is http://www.gfxheaven.net and its 3.0.4 if it helps. i can also provide a test acc if it helps
Have you went into the ACP and set permissions for it so that people can use it?

The instructions say:
(In the admin panel, the permission is in the user overview, and for the user to change the color, it's in the main profile section (where you can change interests))
But this is inaccurate, you need to enable the permission under Users & Groups > Groups > Group permissions. Click the ADVANCED link for whichever group to see the setting
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. That instruction was accurate for the first version of my mod, I moved it to use normal permissions for the next, the description was never updated.
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:Of course. Like I said, it works, I just get that anomaly occurring.
I've noticed it just now on a board I installed it on for someone. Am I right in saying that once you change it, if you even go to the page to change it again (but don't do it), simply loading the page will make it update?
paulbhoy wrote:Hi im trying to add this mod but i dont use prosilver so im assuming i substitute this with the style that i am using is that correct because in the styles template that i do use i cannot find the part posted below or do i still make the changes to the prosilver template.

<dl>
    <dt><label for="interests">{L_INTERESTS}:</label></dt>
    <dd><textarea name="interests" id="interests" class="inputbox" rows="3" cols="30">{INTERESTS}</textarea></dd>
</dl>
Do you need anymore info than that? thanks
What style do you use? If it's subsilver based, I included a separate install file for that.
Otherwise, post the style and I'll see if I can help.
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Trel wrote:
phreakwars wrote:Of course. Like I said, it works, I just get that anomaly occurring.
I've noticed it just now on a board I installed it on for someone. Am I right in saying that once you change it, if you even go to the page to change it again (but don't do it), simply loading the page will make it update?
What's happening is, the user goes to the control panel, sets the changes they want, hits SUBMIT and then clicks the "RETURN TO USER CONTROL PANEL" or whatever link, and their name is still the same, but if they click submit one more time, it will then change.

It doesn't do it ALL the time, just every so often.
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:
Trel wrote:
What's happening is, the user goes to the control panel, sets the changes they want, hits SUBMIT and then clicks the "RETURN TO USER CONTROL PANEL" or whatever link, and their name is still the same, but if they click submit one more time, it will then change.

It doesn't do it ALL the time, just every so often.

I know, I'm asking next time you see it happen, go to the profile page, but DON'T hit submit, instead, just click the profile link again. Does that still fix it?
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

Negative.

Tried it on LOCALHOST on a vanilla install OF 3.0.4 (Using AUTOMOD), same issue.

If this helps... I'm noticing that this error doesn't occur on the subsilver2 templates (least it hasn't for me).
Trel

Post by Trel »

phreakwars wrote:Negative.

Tried it on LOCALHOST on a vanilla install OF 3.0.4 (Using AUTOMOD), same issue.

If this helps... I'm noticing that this error doesn't occur on the subsilver2 templates (least it hasn't for me).
Ok, here's something to test, you said when you hit submit the second time, the change takes.
What happens if you change the color then and hit submit.

Does it do the first change or the second?

(I'm almost positive that this is due to where I destroy the cache)
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

I'll keep on the lookout and see, it isn't doing it now, and yes that makes sense. Theory: On initial use it will happen, on subsequent uses, it doesn't. I can replicate the problem on a vanilla install, use the board for a while, go back and try again, no problems. I'm not gonna wipe out and reinstall a bunch of time to test that theory.. perhaps deleting the cached files might replicate it.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”