Thanks for posts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Thanks for posts

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Thanks for posts
Author: Палыч
Modification description:
  • MOD adds the ability to thank the author of the post (or cancel thanks to the author).
  • MOD works through a new permission access to the forums.
    When you install the MOD permission added to the roles: Standard Access, Standard Access + Polls, Limited Access,Limited Access + Polls, Full Access.
    (If you want to set other settings: go to ACP-Permissions-Forum based permissions-Forum permissions and click the forums, where you want to have a function of Thanks for the post. Let Yes "Can thank for posts" tab Misc).
  • Switch option to receive notifications about thanks to UCP-Board preferences.
  • Configuration options, including update counts after deleting posts/topics/users - in the ACP-.MODS-Thanks.
  • To view a list of thanks, need to allow global users permission "Can view list of all thanks" tab Misc. When you install a mod the permission added to the next roles: Standard Features, Limited Features, All Features and the members of the group Registered users.
  • To view a toplist, need to allow the global user permission - "Can view toplist" in TAB Misc. When you install a mod the permission added to the next roles: Standard Features, Limited Features, All Features, No Private Messages, No Avatar and group Registered users.
  • For the ability to clean up lists thanks to allow global permission for moderators - "Can clear the thanks list" tab Misc. When you install a mod permission added to the role of Full Moderator and the members of the group Global moderators.
  • In the contrib folder you can find files reput_star_.psd and thanks.psd to develop their own images to your style.
  • Rating is built on a number of thanks for the posts. For 100% rating is the highest number of thanks for post (leader). Rating the remaining posts is defined as a percentage of the ranking leader.
    For example, the maximum number of thanks for post #1 = 10. This is 100%. Then post #2 with 5 thanks will have a rating of 50% (10/5). Post #3 with 3 thanks will have a rating of 33,3% (10/3), etc.
    If the post #1 will receive another thanks (10 +1 = 11), his rating will remain 100% (as leader). Rating post #2 is 45.5% (11/5), rating post #3 is 27.3% (11/3).
    Position ranking is determined by the number of thanks. Topics rating is made up of the sum of the topic's posts thanks. Forum's rating is made up of the sum of the forum's posts thanks.
  • It Is Important!
    Rating system works correctly if there are no records in the database of thanks in relation to remote, moved posts or posts from guests.
    Therefore, you must use the "Update thanks counters" tool (in ACP) after mass delete posts, topics, users, or other action of the moderators or administrators (for example, change poster or merge accounts). The "Update thanks counters" function to work properly requires MySQL version 4.1 or higher.
Modification version: 1.3.5
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.11

Download file: thanks_for_post_v135.zip
File size: 287.4 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 53 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Thanks for posts

Post by DavidIQ »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Isn't it nice to say "Thank You" for a good post? Well now you can with this MOD!
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Палыч
Translator
Name: Сергей

Thanks for posts

Post by Палыч »

Sort by number of issued / received acknowledgments - here

==========================================================
Fix bug with wrong display of gratitude in messages when deleting users

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Replace the three files from the archive
==========================================================
thanks.png
thanks.png (6.74 KiB) Viewed 89288 times
More Screenshots

After installation, do not forget to update your style imageset and clear cache
ACP -> Styles -> Your style -> Imageset -> Refresh
ACP -> General -> Purge the cache

How it works:

Step 1.
Set the value of options in ACP -> Posting -> Thanks for posts
acp_thanks.png
acp_thanks.png (29.91 KiB) Viewed 78275 times
acp_thanks.png
acp_thanks.png (5.47 KiB) Viewed 89288 times
Step 2.
Set the permissions for the forums in which you want to have an option "thanks"

When you install version 125 pemission "Can thanks for posts" for the role of forum "Standard Access" is set "Yes"

If you use other role (settings) and you want to do this for all the forums, you should do so:
Go to ACP -> Permissions -> Groups’ forum permissions -> Look up usergroup:Registered Users -> chekbox All forums -> Advanced Permissions the first forum (not category!) -> Misc -> Can thanks for posts -> Yes -> Mark all -> Apply permissions
Unfortunately, this can be done using a script.
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/permission-system-overview-for-mod-authors-part-two wrote:As we learnt above when phpBB updates permissions for users/groups/roles it works out the complete permissions and updates as a multi-insert. This approach is just too much for a MOD to try do. Please note this is not standard phpBB.
Step 3.
Set permissions for users to view the page thanks

When you install the version of the 125 permission "Can view list of all thanks" of user role "Standard Features" set "Yes"

If you use other role (settings) and you want to allow it all, do it like this:
Go to ACP -> Permissions -> Groups’ permissions -> Look up usergroup:Registered Users -> Advanced Permissions -> Misc -> Can view list of thanks -> Apply permissions
images step by step
Last edited by Палыч on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Sorry for my bad english
autinhyeu

Re: Thanks for posts

Post by autinhyeu »

wowwww. thanks for great MOD :lol:
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible
drhime

Post by drhime »

Problem 1: The button not appearing in DirtyBoard theme, I did try it in my PC & not live forum. Everything went fine but the button never appeared! My CSS changes are in database, so I tried editing it from ACP too along with the button.css & colours.css , but all went in vein. The box appears but not the button. BTW, Dirtyboard2.0 CSS files are pretty much different from prosilver(default).

Problem 2: For Dirtyboard2.0(I didn't try with anything else), after the CSS edits, the mouseover effects of my style started showing in a wrong manner & seemed like overlapping.

Any help regarding this matter would be great.

1 suggestion: The extra box in viewtopic for the present "Thanks" seems too annoying when there is no thanks to show.

Thanks in advance.
Палыч
Translator

Post by Палыч »

drhime wrote:in DirtyBoard theme
Give a link where to download this style
drhime wrote:The extra box in viewtopic for the present "Thanks" seems too annoying
This too can be corrected, but directly on the style
Sorry for my bad english
autinhyeu

Post by autinhyeu »

How to permission "yes" with "Can thanks for posts" for all forums???
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible
drhime

Post by drhime »

PMed you with the link :)

Thanks & hoping for a solution :)
Палыч
Translator

Post by Палыч »

autinhyeu wrote:How to permission "yes" with "Can thanks for posts" for all forums???
please read http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9965565
Sorry for my bad english
Палыч
Translator

Post by Палыч »

drhime wrote:PMed you with the link
I found your style. There are no problems.

You do not need to comply with these instructions:

Code: Select all

Open: styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css
Find
.sitehome, .icon-faq, .icon-members, .icon-home, .icon-ucp, .icon-register, .icon-logout,
In-line Find
.icon-logout,
In-line Add after
 .icon-thanks,

Open: styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css
Find
.icon-search					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_search.gif"); }
Add after
.icon-thanks					{ background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_thanks.gif"); }
Everything else is just like in prosilver
Do not forget to refresh Imagesets and Themes in ACP
In regard to your wishes - a bit later (I also try to draw you a button)

================================
drhime wrote:The extra box in viewtopic for the present "Thanks" seems too annoying
The most simple way:

Code: Select all

=== OPEN ===
viewtopic_body.html
=== FIND ===
    <!-- IF not postrow.S_POST_ANONYMOUS and not S_IS_BOT-->
    <hr />
    <div class="content">
            <dl class="postbody">
=== REPLACE ===
    <!-- IF not postrow.S_POST_ANONYMOUS and not S_IS_BOT-->
    <hr />
    <div>
            <dl> 
================================
Try some of these
removethanks.gif
removethanks.gif (4 KiB) Viewed 92925 times
thankposts.gif
thankposts.gif (3.91 KiB) Viewed 92925 times
Sorry for my bad english
robinek

Post by robinek »

Strange things, in English layout works fine, in my native Czech not. See attachments. Any idea how to fix it? Also votes and other rows/lines are contracted.
Attachments
cs.jpg
cs.jpg (163.94 KiB) Viewed 92922 times
en.jpg
en.jpg (174.92 KiB) Viewed 92922 times
Палыч
Translator

Post by Палыч »

robinek wrote:Strange things
Try to update the style files
Read here please http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9907735
In my opinion you have the same problem
Sorry for my bad english
drhime

Post by drhime »

1st of all thank you very very much. I redid everything again & I did replace "prosilver with Dirtyboard2 in the instructions".

Check these images please.

MY PC -

MY LIVE FORUM -

1. The buttons became blurred after the installation.
2. The thanks button didn't appear at all.
3. I didn't edit buttons.css & colours.css
4. I did refresh the cache several times.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Congratulations for the validation and thanks for this mod :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
maplehack

Post by maplehack »

Hi! Your mod is good.

I have question.

I want to change language. I've changed "Gratitude" word to "ทดสอบ" in thank_mods.php, but thankslist.php can not open. If I want to change language that your mod does not support. How?

Sorry for my bad english.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”