Custom Profile Fields For Admin

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Custom Profile Fields For Admin
Author: CoC
Modification description: Remove selected Custom Profile Fields from the UCP for members.
Modification version: 1.2.0
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.0

Download file: cpffa.zip
File size: 29653 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Modifications Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
CoC

Post by CoC »

This removes custom profile fields from the UCP so that only admin can edit the field.

Quite usefull to get new members to fill in a field on registration and not have them change it at a later date, although if you already have members they are unable to edit the field.
tikilab

Re: Custom Profile Fields For Admin

Post by tikilab »

This is exactly what I was looking for... thanks!
HondaCop

Post by HondaCop »

I did everything per the instructions, but I don't see any options on the ACP. :(
noth

Post by noth »

when it comes time for phpBB 3 .0. 1 can this little mod please be part of the update ?? :P I would love to have it ..... but I don't fancy doing the edits :oops:
HondaCop

Post by HondaCop »

Now I see the option! Works great, thanks! ;)
apocalypse00

Post by apocalypse00 »

This MOD help me a lot.
It's work!! Thanks!! :D
~Sentinel~

Post by ~Sentinel~ »

I am in the process of trying this mod and I have a question about functions_profile_fields.php.

The first edit I did fine. But the second edit asks you to find the following and add some code after it ...

Code: Select all

$sql_where .= ' AND f.field_hide = 0';
				}
Now here's my problem. There are 3 edits in this file. The second and third look exactly the same. There are 2 places in the file where the above coded exists but one is before the first edit and the other is after.

Therefore my question is:
Should I add the code after both occurances of this line of code?
This particular line of code is listed twice so should both have the additional code placed after them? Or was this a typo and only the after the first edit is the one that should be changed?

The reason I ask is because in phpBB 2 mods you were supposed to go down the page doing edits. So if a particular line of code existed twice in a file and you were only supposed to change one you would change the one that came next. You were never supposed to go back to the top opf the page again.

This mod makes you do one edit first and then go back up to the top of the page and do another edit and then back down past the first edit you did to make another edit. If that is the case then shouldn't the second edit be listed first, then the second edit, and then finally the third edit which is exactly like the second but occurs before the first edit ?
~Sentinel~

Post by ~Sentinel~ »

I did the edit in both places and it works. So either it doesn't matter or it is supposed to be done in both places. I don't know if it is correct or not but since I got no answer here I had to try something.
Ddraiggoch06

Post by Ddraiggoch06 »

Great MOD, but in the install file the second edit for functions_profile_fields.php is repeated twice.
I accept PM support for phpBB3. Please do not PM me with MOD or Style support and requests.
"Give a man a fish and you'll have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you'll have fed him for a lifetime."
abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

i have custom profile fields in my phpbb2 forum.....i wanna convert to phpbb3, will. this mod help convert all the existing profile fields?
manic2

Post by manic2 »

Okay relative noobie question here so PLEASE be gentle with me! Haven't tried to do this as trying to get my mind around it first.

The SQL code that needs to be run is this:-

ALTER TABLE phpbb_profile_fields ADD field_no_edit TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL AFTER field_active;
but when I use phpMyAdmin to look at my database I don't see a php_profile_fields table in my structure. I have a phpbb_privmsgs_text then the next one is phpBB_quota_limits.

I don't have any of the ones starting phpBB_profile_ ( phpbb_profile_fields, phpbb_profile_fields_data, phpbb_profile_fields_lang, phpbb_profile_lang etc.) This was a database that was converted from phpBB2.

Am I missing something? Apologies if I am stupid, any help gratefully received.
manic
manic2

Post by manic2 »

Okay think I've confirmed that I AM stupid :!: I reckon I was looking at the database for my old phpBB2 board rather than the database for my phpBB3 board.
Obviously still lots to learn. :oops:
manic
micke1101

Post by micke1101 »

when i have installed this and i try to go in to profile i get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/a6530860/public_html/forum/includes/functions_profile_fields.php on line 86
and when i check that part it stands

'S_NOEDIT' => ($row['field_no_edit']) ? true : false,
and i think that was something that was meant to be changed

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”