[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
poyntesm

[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by poyntesm »

MOD Title: phpBB Garage
MOD Description: This mod allows users of your forums to add details of their vehicles.
MOD Version: 2.0.B4
Supplied Languages: [en]
Supplied Styles: prosilver, subsilver2
Current Download:
Demo Site:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Upgrades from phpBB2 versions are available via the converter. This release follows the phpBB group release policy and is for testing only. Future beta releases may require you to drop tables, although I really hope this is not the case & will do my best not too. Upgrades may or may not be provided in later beta's. So same score as phpBB itself. So please test it and report issues, but run it live and you are taking a risk.

NOTE TO TRANSLATORS: If you would like your language to be included please translate & PM me when you have the files ready. Please translate the following files. The imageset needs to be also translated, the GDK's for garage images are linked above from both prosilver & subsilver2. I would be very grateful to anyone who does this.
  • ./languages/acp/garage.php
  • ./languages/acp/permissions_garage.php
  • ./languages/email/garage_guestbook_comment.txt
  • ./languages/email/garage_pending.txt
  • ./languages/mods/garage.php
Known Bugs: As of 25/05/2007
  • Layout on prosilver still in development
    Installation Overview:
    1. Process "./Install_Garage.xml" (HINT: Open it in your browser)

These MODX files replace the old MOD template and really just tell you what to copy & where to and also what files require editting. My DB script (which the MODX tells you to run ;)) will handle the creation of the modules for UCP, MCP & ACP. ACP modules are placed in 'Mainteance' tab till we get a 'Mods' tab in gold. It will also create the permissions and also update the standard roles. So I try to make it as painless as possible.

Screenshots: To Be Done

Detailed Overview: This MODification adds a very complete system to allow your users to store information and pictures relating to vehicles they own.

The major items that can be recorded for each vehicle is
      • Modifications (mulitple images)
      • Quartermiles (mulitple images)
      • Dynoruns (mulitple images)
      • Track Laps (mulitple images)
      • Insurance Premiums
      • Service History
      • Blog
      • Guestbook
      The garage provides the following main pages.
      • Browse all vehicles
      • Search
      • Business reviews
      • Top 1/4miles table
      • Top dynoruns table
      • Top lap tables
      • View pages (vehicles, modifications, dynoruns, 1/4miles, laps)
A full suite of user configuration, moderation & administration tools are provided via UCP, MCP & ACP modules. A set of new permissions is created allowing full control over who can perform which actions. While this MODification adds many new features some site may not want them all, so nearly everything has a ACP option to disable/enable it.

I will do my best to support any user running this MODification, but please be aware since phpBB3 is still RC and this is a BETA MODification that I can not promises upgrades or solutions to all issues. Once phpBB3 is gold I plan on starting the RC stage for the MOD itself including upgrades/conversion from phpBB2 versions. Also I write this MOD on my own in my spare time, so please be patient. If you find it useful please think about heading to the following page -> http://www.phpbbgarage.com/donations.php . This was a popular MOD among a subsection of sites for phpBB2 & I really hope you like it for phpBB3. This is not a quick port and has taken months to prepare.

Phew that was a long post ... hope you enjoy my creation,
Esmond
Last edited by poyntesm on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 am, edited 10 times in total.
Ganon_master

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by Ganon_master »

It's awesome. :) Many features.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.
LegoSHAQ

Post by LegoSHAQ »

Been following this mod for a while. It has lots of very interesting features and is well implemented.. still need to work on the prosilver layout.. looking forward to seeing this mod completed.. keep it going..
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Just as a FYI to anyone who installed it & I know at least 2 have :D

The plan was that the anonymous user have the 'u_garage_browse' permission that allows guest to view all pages, however this seem to have been missed. So if you want you garage open to guest head to user permissions in the acp, select the anonymous user, select advanced permissions & the garage tab and yes 'Can browse the garage' to Yes. :geek:

Also this means you can view the demo as guest correctly now. Thanks to those for their kind words you can be sure I am working hard on getting prosilver finished ... but it should be usable to test at this stage if not pretty and its core bugs I am really looking for people to find. The style stuff I know about and once the style is complete I will then accept style bugs.
JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection »

I installed all files for prosilver and modified the files from the install instructions that was given to me. But I get this sql error: phpbb_garage_config' doesn't exist.

What am I missing? What's the purpose of contrib folder?
coppro

Post by coppro »

ACP Modules can go into the ".MODS" tab. It's hidden by default because there's nothing on it.
JunglistPerfection

coppro wrote:ACP Modules can go into the ".MODS" tab. It's hidden by default because there's nothing on it.
Ok...... So what should I do?

Can I just place phpbb_garage_config into my database? If so, how many fields does it have and what should I place in them?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

JunglistPerfection -> The MODX file should tell you to run the script install_garage.php - this does all the DB work including Modules and permissions and tables. To get it to run now you will need to comment out the line in common.php run the script then un-comment it. Hope that helps.

coppro -> Thanks yes, I have since updated the SVN repo to place the modules in .MODS tab. For everyone else its just a 4 click edit to the existing parent module in Maintenance and move it to .MODS. For B2 and on it will be the default. Thanks for the feedback.
JunglistPerfection

poyntesm wrote:JunglistPerfection -> The MODX file should tell you to run the script install_garage.php - this does all the DB work including Modules and permissions and tables. To get it to run now you will need to comment out the line in common.php run the script then un-comment it. Hope that helps.
Why didnt you place that in your installation file?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Second set of instructions in the XML file after the copy and before the edits is below.

Code: Select all

<diy-instructions lang="en-gb"><![CDATA[<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod">Chmod</a> ./garage/ to 755
Chmod ./garage/upload to 777
Open your web browser and run install_garage.php
Delete install_garage.php if it ran succesfully]]>
		</diy-instructions>
So you can see I did place in installation file.
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

poyntesm wrote:Second set of instructions in the XML file after the copy and before the edits is below.

<diy-instructions lang="en-gb"><![CDATA[<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod">Chmod</a> ./garage/ to 755
Chmod ./garage/upload to 777
Open your web browser and run install_garage.php
Delete install_garage.php if it ran succesfully]]>
		</diy-instructions>
So you can see I did place in installation file.
I had the same problem as JunglistPerfection and I read the install several times. However I did get things half fixed, just having problems with settings saving to db.

I just looked once again at the install file and what you mention above does NOT show in the browswer. I do see it in the coding itself, but is not displaying in the browser. At least in IE7 anyway.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

I see now that the xsl is NOT showing DIY instructions from the xml in the browser page :( I have reported this to the author of the xsl and will await his response. I also noted on closer reading of the specifications that DIY instructions will always list last, that is not good in my mind.

What problems are you having with settings? Please post as much detail as you can. I can promise you I will try fix any errors. My existing users will tell you I try offer the best support I can.
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

I've been using the Garage myself during phpBB2 and never had any problems as well enjoyed it along with the clubs members.

The error is a mysql error as if the table prefix not being used properly. I know for a fact the table DOES exist. I double checked to make sure. The proper prefix isn't being returned as phpBB3_ as it should.

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'Huntsman.GARAGE_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

UPDATE GARAGE_CONFIG_TABLE SET config_value = '10' WHERE config_name = 'cars_per_page'

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/mods/class_garage_admin.php
LINE: 173
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_garage_setting.php
LINE: 305
CALL: garage_admin->set_config()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 460
CALL: acp_garage_setting->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 80
CALL: p_master->load_active()
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

OK that looks like the constant is not getting set rather than table prefix. Have you completed all edits? The flow is as follows

1) common.php is called and includes ./includes/mods/class_garage.php
2) ./includes/mlods/class_garage.php calls ./includes/mods/garage_constants.php
3) ./includes/mods/garage_constants.php setup all required constants.

So just double check you common.php for the right edit. Check that and let me know.

EDIT: Checked your site and see calling garage.php direct produces an error for line 73 which matches in with the common.php not being edited as the class $garage-> is not setup.
JunglistPerfection

I would like to know if anyone have had any success with this mod so far for phpbb3? Because I very reluctant to install this mod again and find out my database is messed up again.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”