[ABD] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
A.I. BOT

Re: [BETA] phpBB Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Post by A.I. BOT »

Regarding the open clan creation: the next version does have a que in ACP -> Pending Clans where you can decline or accept the clan.

Regarding the invite user issue: yes its case sensitive but in the new version it is fixed so its case insensitive - this will fix the errors.

Regarding PM of invite and invite issue of inviting self to clan: I'v been working on this but havent found a solution yet :(.

Regarding information pages: Im just lazy and havent done anything with it :P.

Regarding challenge rank issue: I may take it out of the system all together, it has never worked for me anyways, and its not like the clan cant decline a challenge from a higher ranked clan or what not.

Find Clan: Error fixed I believe in next version.

Regarding tickets: Working on fixing it.

Clan Messages: That submit is to delete messages. You cant send messages to other clans. Clan Messages to inform the clan they have advanced in a tournament or they won a match, etc. Clans could PM clans but I see no point when they can view the clan's profile and PM the leader directly using phpBB's PM system.

Regarding tournaments: Yeah, all fixed for next version.

Private tournaments: Admins just send a link to clans he wants to invite to it. Leave password blank for public tournaments.

Clan lists: Dont understand, sorry.

Clan tags: They show up in the clan's profile next to the member's names. They dont show up in forums because I dont want Rivals integrated to much into phpBB for a few understandable reasons.

Thanks.
Benely

Post by Benely »

Thanks for the update BOT any idea when the next release is out?
mark05

Post by mark05 »

mark05 wrote:hi

maybe i found a bug please take al look here special point b:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p3257962

if not an issue for rivals forget this post .

holger
hi A.I.BOT

i solv this problem by my self :D

to fix this link bug i change some lines in includes/functions.php from you.

Code: Select all

'U_LADDERS' => append_sid ( "{$phpbb_root_path}rivals.php?module=ladders"),
                'U_CCP' => append_sid ( "{$phpbb_root_path}rivals.php?module=ccp" ),

'U_LADDERS' => append_sid ( "{$phpbb_root_path}rivals.php?module=ladders"),
                'U_TOURNAMENTS' => append_sid ( "{$phpbb_root_path}rivals.php?module=tournaments" ),

'U_ADDCLAN' => append_sid ( "{$phpbb_root_path}rivals.php?module=ladders&sub_module=ladderscreateclan" ),     
           'U_RACP' => append_sid ( "{$phpbb_root_path}rivals.php?module=acp" ),
the change ist that i add the $phpbb_root_path in front of your rivals.php call.

this still fix my trouble.

holger
Twill

Post by Twill »

Thanks for the fast reply AI.

When the next version comes out, I'll be sure to run it through the paces again and send more detailed bug reports and cosmetics :)

As to the Clan list which I perhaps did not explain well:

Think of it as a place to find a clan to join if you don't already have one.

All it would be is a listing of the clans with certain information, but it would require you to restructure how ladders, clans and tournaments are handled right now.
Currently, every clan seems to be associated with just one ladder, to be in more than one ladder, you clone your clan and add them to a new ladder. Am I right??
This means that if one umbrella clan (let's call them KOE) wants to be in 3 ladders, they have to essentially have to have 3 completely separate and autonomous clans.
A user would have to search through every ladder to see which ones KOE is in.

Instead of having the 1 ladder:1 clan relationship you have now, would it be possible to have 1 clan:many ladders?

To think of it another way, lets call them clans and clan teams.

The system starts with making a Clan. Clans do not get associated with ladders, they just "exist"
At this level, clans are just groups of people who maybe share a common avatar, signature or are making a statement that "we exist"
To do anything useful, a clan should join a ladder.
when a clan joins a ladder, it automatically creates an off-shoot Clan Team which is related to the umbrella clan.
I.E. if Clan KOE joins the Halo3 ladder then you have a KOE-H3 team with specific members, results tracking in that ladder, etc. But always they are related to the core Clan.

From a user perspective, this then allows us to later add on many more sortable ranking systems:
Best clan overall
Clan with most teams
Clan with best ranking in more than 1 team
Clan with best ranking in Halo3

A user could go through thinking "I want to join the Clan that is best in H3, Counter strike and Second Life, but don't care about SOCOM or Ghost Recon" - then they just scan through the list and can see all the clans who are in those 3 games at the same time and request to join.

In fact, it wouldn't be so hard to recode:

Rename current Clans to Clan Teams
Add another level above Clan Team called Clans.
Clans are created, (need approval from admin?) but are not linked to a specific Ladder or Tournament.
Give Clans a tag, and the ability to limit the number of Clans their members are in. (I'd like to see Clan tags on a user's profile/above their post-count, but that's something we can add later maybe)
Then, much like sub-ladders are a part of ladders, make Clan-teams part of Teams.
A clan leader can add as many clan teams as they like with no need for approval from the admins.
Members join clans from without, then join clan teams from within.
Teams then join Ladders and/or tournaments
Teams represent Clans.
Teams move up individual ladders
Clans are just admin bodies.

This allows multiple-platform-, multiple-game-clans to control themselves much more easily

This would also make clan creation easier - right now it's a bit confusing because you HAVE to choose a ladder, even if there isn't one you like, or if the admin hasn't set one up.
With this, you could set up a Clan without assigning to a specific Ladder, can add/move ladders more easily and you would get fewer errors because teams are, by definition, part of a ladder or tournament but Clans are not intuitively part of them

I wish I could draw it out for ya, but my flow-chart skills suck :)
raZorX

Post by raZorX »

All I need is a simple MOD that I can use on phpBB RC7 which allows my members (clan members) to sign up for RAID events and such.

Attendance calendar, Event list or some such. No fancy schmancy needed.

Only requested feature is Event name, event post and members curently participating etc.

Anyone know of such a mod? :oops:
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

@Twill: That one clan on multiple ladders and such is being worked on now, shouldnt take too long to finish :).

@raZorX: Ask in MOD Requests forum I guess.

Thanks.
xxxgamer

Post by xxxgamer »

Hey any ideas on how to fix the problem I posted earlier?
AngelMike

Post by AngelMike »

hi,

ok, i uplaoded every thing in the zip.
I dont see annything that says rivals or what ever!
And i dont see a install either :S
Benely

Post by Benely »

OK, I've jsut read Twill's post and it got me thinking about what could happen, take Twills idea but istead of having them as core teams like completely off the ladders (if you under stand me) have it so a clan is assigned to a platform, so say you can create a clan which is an Xbox clan which can be assigned to various ladders with-in the Xbox platform, but that user could also be in a PC clan...I'm not very good at explaining but if you get where I'm going its the same concept but gives platforms more use...
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Benely wrote:OK, I've jsut read Twill's post and it got me thinking about what could happen, take Twills idea but istead of having them as core teams like completely off the ladders (if you under stand me) have it so a clan is assigned to a platform, so say you can create a clan which is an Xbox clan which can be assigned to various ladders with-in the Xbox platform, but that user could also be in a PC clan...I'm not very good at explaining but if you get where I'm going its the same concept but gives platforms more use...
I have the feature working but problemly not the way you and Twill are thinking, though. The way I got it setup is you make a clan. Then, when your ready to join a ladder or multiple ladders, you go to CCP -> Edit Clan ... there you can join your clan in multiple ladders and take your clan out of ladders. In the screenshot link below it shows this ... if I had more ladders I could join them but I think you get the idea.

Screenshot: http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1425 ... 68svn8.png

Thanks.
frankgant

Post by frankgant »

Anyone ever installed this successfully? Unzipped it, uploaded the files & directorys in the first rivals directory to my root phpbb3 directory. I ran the SQL in the install file in DOCS and with no errors on my database. I then edited the files and added the lines at the bottom of the install file. But I still don't seem to have it working. I have no options in admin to setup anything for rivals. There is a Team link at the bottom of my forums but that doesn't seem to do much. What did I miss here? Your holp is appreciated.

Here is the link to the forums. It's a new install of phpbb3 and rivals. http://clanblackhawk.com/phpbb3/
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

frankgant

Post by frankgant »

Ya, I edited them both and double checked them after I uploaded them to make sure the added info was there. Not sure what is up.
frankgant

Post by frankgant »

checked them again and they are correct as per the install instructions. Any place I can send you the files so you can look at them?
klavorus

Post by klavorus »

Great mod by the way.

For some reason, after the first time I accessed it, I can no longer access the ACP module of Rivals. I click on it, and it just brings up a blank screen without the acp options. I tried clearing all my caches and everything, still nothing. The other options work fine (CCP, Tournaments, Ladders, etc). Anyone have any idea why the Rival ACP would show up blank without the options? (Yes, I have admin)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”