[RC1] Prime Birthdate - Require on Registration

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [RC1] Prime Birthdate - Require on Registration

Post by primehalo »

I don't know what to tell ya, sounds like something definitely went wrong during installation. I'm not really sure what would case the problem you're describing.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
GurlzLubme

Post by GurlzLubme »

you mean the brithdate mod installation or the 3.1 installation?

oh god, i must be an r-tard. Somehow, I managed to paste "$user_cache[$poster_id]['age'] = (int) ($now['year'] - $bday" at the beginning of the php page during my flurry of ctrl+ whatevers....

ok, good mod. works fine. :) carry on...
1,000,000 Thank Yous to everyone who's been helping me on phpbb.com!
Эрик

Post by Эрик »

I have established mod Upcoming Birthday list 1.0.0a
When it is necessary to not show age, it is all the same shown:
For example: Проверочный (99)
Tell me please what to make? Thanks! ;)
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Scrolled back a bit and saw a few issues people had close to mine but not exactly mine.
They were getting errors of an sql type when clicking submit after administrating a user.

My issue is I get a blank hwite page when I click on administrate user period and dont even get to the administrate user page. :?

I love this mod and it rocked smoothly and perfect on 3.0.0 but trying to install on a clean 3.0.1 with no other mods installed yet and it does this blank page on me I have tried 3 times now.

I assume it has something to do with the phpbb birthday code change in 3.0.1.
Is there a fix ?
Has the package been changed with the fix?
Or any ideas?

PS the mod installed perfect and worked prefect etc Just took away my ability to administrate users
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Эрик wrote:I have established mod Upcoming Birthday list 1.0.0a
When it is necessary to not show age, it is all the same shown:
For example: Проверочный (99)
Tell me please what to make? Thanks! ;)
I don't know why this is happening. I think you will have to debug to find out why. In the file "functions_upcbirthdays.php", find:

Code: Select all

$prime_birthdate_installed = function_exists('user_show_congrats');  
After, add:

trigger_error('prime_birthdate_installed = ' . ($prime_birthdate_installed ? 'TRUE' : 'FALSE'));  
If the result is FALSE, then my Prime Birthdate MOD is probably not installed correctly.
ThunderCrew wrote:Scrolled back a bit and saw a few issues people had close to mine but not exactly mine.
They were getting errors of an sql type when clicking submit after administrating a user.

My issue is I get a blank hwite page when I click on administrate user period and dont even get to the administrate user page. :?

I love this mod and it rocked smoothly and perfect on 3.0.0 but trying to install on a clean 3.0.1 with no other mods installed yet and it does this blank page on me I have tried 3 times now.

I assume it has something to do with the phpbb birthday code change in 3.0.1.
Is there a fix ?
Has the package been changed with the fix?
Or any ideas?

PS the mod installed perfect and worked prefect etc Just took away my ability to administrate users
I'd go through the installation instructions dealing with the admin sections and make sure everything got installed correctly.
Ken F. Innes IV
Эрик

Post by Эрик »

primehalo wrote:I don't know why this is happening. I think you will have to debug to find out why. In the file "functions_upcbirthdays.php", find:
Result: prime_birthdate_installed = TRUE
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Эрик wrote:
primehalo wrote:I don't know why this is happening. I think you will have to debug to find out why. In the file "functions_upcbirthdays.php", find:
Result: prime_birthdate_installed = TRUE
Okay, then continue to debug. Find:

if (!user_show_congrats($ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age']))    
Before, add:

$user_show_age = isset($ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age']) ? $ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age'] : 'NOT SET';
$show_congrats = user_show_congrats($ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age']) ? 'TRUE' : 'FALSE';
$show_age = user_show_age($ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age']) ? 'TRUE' : 'FALSE';
trigger_error("user_show_age = $user_show_age, show_congrats = $show_congrats, show_age = $show_age");

Ken F. Innes IV
Эрик

Post by Эрик »

Result: user_show_age = 2, show_congrats = TRUE, show_age = FALSE
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Эрик wrote:Result: user_show_age = 2, show_congrats = TRUE, show_age = FALSE
Okay, that makes it all clear, I know how to fix it now. Find:

$ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_birthday_tstamp'] = (user_show_age($ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age'])) ? $ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_birthday_tstamp'] : '';

Replace with:

$ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_birthday'] = (user_show_age($ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_show_age'])) ? $ucbirthdayrow[$i]['user_birthday'] : '';

Ken F. Innes IV
Эрик

Post by Эрик »

Excellent work! Now all correctly works!
Thanks you! ;) ;)
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

I'd go through the installation instructions dealing with the admin sections and make sure everything got installed correctly.
I did 3 times :? I have had no issue with this mod on 3.0.0 at all and installing mods is almost second nature to me.

The issue is I belive since phpbb3.0.1 has changed its birtdate coding some I might be placing it wrong :?
I will try again after work tonight as I loved this mod. Its perfection and simplicity is awsome. I would just go back to phpbb3.0 for the simple fact of keeping this mod but the new upgrades/fixes on phpbb3.0.1 are too great to not get it installed.

Ill post my exact mod coding afterw ork tonight if it fails again (or maybe even if it works just so others IF having this issue will see how to fix on 3.0.1)
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

ThunderCrew wrote:
I did 3 times :? I have had no issue with this mod on 3.0.0 at all and installing mods is almost second nature to me.

The issue is I belive since phpbb3.0.1 has changed its birtdate coding some I might be placing it wrong :?
I will try again after work tonight as I loved this mod. Its perfection and simplicity is awsome. I would just go back to phpbb3.0 for the simple fact of keeping this mod but the new upgrades/fixes on phpbb3.0.1 are too great to not get it installed.

Ill post my exact mod coding afterw ork tonight if it fails again (or maybe even if it works just so others IF having this issue will see how to fix on 3.0.1)
Did you download the latest version of the MOD? I think the instructions changed slightly for phpbb3.0.1.
Ken F. Innes IV
kernos

Post by kernos »

I have installed this mod into 3.0.1 and everything works as it should, except when viewing a topic in subsilver2 (our boards default style)

When viewing topic posts the Age does not show up in the subsilver2 user profile panel:

PROSILVER: Image

SUBSILVER2: Image

I did some guessing about modding the subsilver2 style. Where should I look for the error?

TIA,

Bill
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Neither the prosilver nor the subsilver2 instructions say to edit the viewtopic_body.html file, so I'm not sure why age would show up when viewing topic posts in prosilver.
Ken F. Innes IV
ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Lol I didnt get to do anything last night :lol:
I ended up going out on a random night to drink etc didnt get home until 630 am today :oops:

I will download the mod tonight after work and test out the new instalation I wont be home until a minimum of 230am though . Got some movie actor guy coming in I think his last name was holcomb or something like that. He isnt showing up until 1230 am though :evil: An hour and a 1/2 after we are normaly closed but our owner always stays open for "vip" :roll: we have alot of late night 30 tops etc thoughout the year from "special" partys etc. Nice money but pita sometimes since im the closer :roll:

Ill let ya know how it goes when I get the chance

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”