[RC] Prime Topic Move - add a reason & link to move it back

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
primehalo
Former Team Member

[RC] Prime Topic Move - add a reason & link to move it back

Post by primehalo »

MOD Title: Prime Topic Moved
MOD Description: Provides the ability to enter a reason for moving a topic, the ability to display information about the move, and the ability to undo the move.
MOD Version: view the Installation Instructions for the latest version number
MOD Download: Main Download Site

Demo Board: http://www.AbsoluteAnime.com/forum/
Demo Username: tester
Demo Password: tester

For the release history, please view the Installation Instructions.

Topic Moved Info Form (ver. 0.1.5):

Topic Moved Info Admin Options (ver. 0.1.5):
Last edited by primehalo on Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
RedTrinity

Re: [BETA] Prime Topic Moved Info (0.0.0)

Post by RedTrinity »

Oh awesome :D Will this MOD work ok alongside your Recycle Bin MOD? Or should I wait for it to be integrated as a later feature?

Thanks again, and great work :D
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Actually I just noticed a bug, so I'd recommend waiting at least until I get 0.0.1 uploaded which should be some time tonight. It is not yet integrated with the Recycle Bin MOD, but that's the next thing I'll work on after getting this fixed.
Ken F. Innes IV
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

No worries Primehalo, look forward to it :)
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Prime Topic Moved Info (0.1.0)

Post by primehalo »

Okay, the version 0.1.0 is posted. Unfortunately, if you installed the previous version the easiest way to update is to just uninstall it and install the new version. Sorry about that, but most of the code got moved.
Ken F. Innes IV
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Prime Topic Moved Info (0.1.0)

Post by primehalo »

Version 0.1.1 is now available, and is compatible with Prime Recycle Bin. You'll need to update Prime Recycle Bin as well. Update instructions are included in the "contrib" folder.
Ken F. Innes IV
RedTrinity

Re: [BETA] Prime Topic Moved Info (0.1.1)

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok I have upgraded Prime Recycle Bin to 0.1.4 and installed this MOD as well for the first time this afternoon, however am getting the following message when submitting the command to delete a topic...

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_recycle_bin() in /home/****/public_html/phpbb3/includes/mcp/mcp_main.php on line 866
Where did I go wrong? :lol:

I think I also may have found a mistake in the instructions with the following line...

Find
						'allow_birthdays'		=> array(
I couldn't find this line within my acp_board.php but I did find the following instead...

'load_birthdays'		=> array('lang' => 'YES_BIRTHDAYS',			'validate' => 'bool',	'type' => 'radio:yes_no', 'explain' => false),
Going by the fact the code to be added is very similar to the above, I am assuming that it may be a mistake?

Thanks in advance for your support :)
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

The full line is

'allow_birthdays'		=> array('lang' => 'ALLOW_BIRTHDAYS',		'validate' => 'bool',	'type' => 'radio:yes_no', 'explain' => true),
and is found on line #76 of "includes/acp/acp_board.php" in a pure, un-modded phpBB3 RC4 release.

This "is_recycle_bin()" function is located in the included file "root/includes/prime_recycle_bin.php" which should have been copied to "includes/prime_recycle_bin.php". The following line is what includes that file, and should have been added above the function "function mcp_move_topic($topic_ids)" (which on an unmodded board you should find at line #523).

//-- mod: Prime Recycle Bin -------------------------------------------------//
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/prime_recycle_bin.' . $phpEx);
//-- end: Prime Recycle Bin -------------------------------------------------//
Note that "includes/prime_recycle_bin.php" and "languages/en/mods/prime_recycle_bin.php" are different; they do have the same name so that could cause accidents if you copy one file into the other's directory.

Anyway, confirm that all those are correct and we can go from there.
Ken F. Innes IV
nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen »

Do you have a Link to a Moved topic,
Your Board is not very small and because of that i can't find one ^^
No Support via PM
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

nickvergessen wrote:Do you have a Link to a Moved topic,
Your Board is not very small and because of that i can't find one ^^
The board at http://www.absoluteanime.com/forum.php is still phpbb2. My live phpbb3 board isn't working yet, some kind of problem with a server setting or something.
Ken F. Innes IV
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

primehalo wrote:The following line is what includes that file, and should have been added above the function "function mcp_move_topic($topic_ids)" (which on an unmodded board you should find at line #523).
I got it working :) I managed to leave out the above line for some reason, no idea how I managed that!

This is a great idea as it will help to keep track of who moved what from where :)

I do have one final suggestion/request, can anything be done to the default shadow topic option to integrate with this mod at all?

So after say a topic is moved from forum A to forum B, there is a shadow topic left in viewforum.php for A with a custom reason (added by a moderator/admin) for the move?

Here is an example of what I mean going by another forum's software that does it - you may have to view the picture in full size to see the whole thing. The examples are the light grey threads which are ones that have been moved or deleted...

To the right of the original topic subject it has the reason for deletion/being moved along with a link to the new location if necessary, and then on the far right it lists whether the thread was deleted or just relocated and the reason for it again.

Just might come in handy for those threads which are moved off the board into the recycle bin or what not, as members won't be able to access the thread anymore to view the reason as to why it was moved iykwim :) That way they can just visit the existing forum where the topic used to be posted and find out there and then what happened to it.

As I said its just a suggestion, anyway :D I don't know how difficult it would be to design something like this but its just a feature I have always seen to be very effective on the forum above and would love to see it implemented into PHPBB3 :)

Let me know what you think!
DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Hi,

I seem to have a problem but judging from those existing posts this has only happened to me so far.

When I select to move a thread to another location it allows me to leave a reason and does not display any errors, but I can not see the reason anywhere on any of my pages as to why the thread had been moved.

Any ideas? I have tried refreshing both the cache and the template cache and still no joy

I couldn't seem to see any code in the template edits which would include prime_topic_moved_msg.html
DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo »

Sorry about that, I Re-read the installation file and spotted the author notes
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] Prime Topic Moved Info (0.1.2)

Post by primehalo »

Version 0.1.2 now has the ability to display the moved information on the topic list near the shadow link. This only works if a shadow was left behind when the topic was moved. Also, phpbb3 only shows shadow topics if the user viewing the topic list has permission to view the forum that the topic was moved to.
Ken F. Innes IV
RedTrinity

Re: [BETA] Prime Topic Moved Info (0.1.2)

Post by RedTrinity »

Ooohhhh awesome! Have just updated to latest version and LOVE the new feature, its exactly what I was after!!

Just a note for everybody upgrading - remember to turn the "show shadow topic reason" option on in the board features section of ACP first, as I initially thought it wasn't working due to not doing this :P

Fantastic work, thanks so much Primehalo :D Now I just have to get this installed on our other forum too :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”