Auto reminder to come back to a post

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Anti-Spam Guide
tellmethis

Auto reminder to come back to a post

Post by tellmethis »

I've had a look around the various forums and failed to find anything on this, but surely it's come up before.

What I'd like to be able to do within my forum is create a new post, and at the time of creating that post, be able to nominate a date/time on which phpBB emails me, or pops up, a reminder that I need to revisit that post.

Example. Let's say I post the name and number of, say, a customer who needs to be contacted within 3 days. I want to make sure that within 3 days that customer is indeed contacted. Rather than go to a separate calendar and create a separate follow up note, it'd be nice if I could nominate a date and time within phpBB when I'm posting, such that phpBB issues me a reminder to revisit the issue on the specified date/time.

I'm not sure if this feature already exists within a MOD, or whether it's more aligned with feature requests within phpBB itself, or whether it's a subject that's been thrashed our before, but I'd be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.
tellmethis

Re: Auto reminder to come back to a post

Post by tellmethis »

This topic also discussed at this topic within Area51 in case anybody interested.
Ozo

Re: Auto reminder to come back to a post

Post by Ozo »

Well.... maybe not what your looking for, but you could add the URL of the post to 'reminder announcements' with this MOD http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1943515

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”