Javascript BBCode to Extract/Display Google Maps

Looking for a MOD? Have a MOD request? Post here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; phpBB does not have official MOD authors)
Ideas Centre
Spaatz

Javascript BBCode to Extract/Display Google Maps

Post by Spaatz »

Hello Everyone,

OK, I am out there still looking for a good solution to easily allowing users to embed Google Maps into their posts. The solutions I have seen for Phoogle and other massive modifications just seem like overkill for a simple display.

So, I think I have found the solution but I honestly don't know how to personally create the code.

I want to create a BBCode that allows someone to cut and paste the Embed Code from the Google Maps "Link to this Page" section between two tags in their post. Using Javascript, I would like the extract the full website address along with zoom level and any other pertinent details related to the specific map displayed (usually all lumped together on one string) and then locate and append the security "S" value that is apparently required by Google in order to display a Map on another site.

The gentleman in the YouTube movie below shows how to do it manually but, as we all know, anything requiring a large amount of steps is basically ignored by most users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcuNDttCL4w

Can anyone parse an embed code, extract a web address and security code and launch the results as a URL in a BBCode using Javascript? Others are doing similar activity with YouTube scripts. Why not Google Maps?
jaiak

Re: Javascript BBCode to Extract/Display Google Maps

Post by jaiak »

Hello

I add this code to my [gmap] costomised bbcode in my ACP:

Code: Select all

[GoogleMap]{URL}[/GoogleMap]

Code: Select all

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="{URL}"></iframe>
But the iframe show all google maps website instead embed map.

Can anybody help me please?

Best regards from spain...

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Requests”