Bug reported -> my subsilver2 header modification tutorial

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Anti-Spam Guide
Ishimaru Chiaki
Name: Caroline

Bug reported -> my subsilver2 header modification tutorial

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

Hello,

I wrote a buttons menu tutoriel for subsilver2 a few versions ago, and now today I have someone that encountered a bug that seems to happen in this version of phpBB3.

Here is the tutorial link : http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org/for ... ation.html

The member in question has this following bug : When a member receives a new PM, the PM button doesn't change to "New PM" button as long as he/she doesn't click on it to check his/her inbox. On the other side, the alt text behaves properly.

I tested with her code, then with my code, to end up with the same result. But a few versions ago, when I first wrote this tutorial, my local board's version was 3.0.5 and I didn't have this bug. So I wonder if the bug comes from an update. If it's this case, I'll post a ticket.

If you want to test the modification, here's the button set I used for testing : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25752921/images.zip

Thanks in advance.

Ishimaru
Last edited by Arty on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
I don't do customization anymore
Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Re: Bug reported -> my subsilver2 header modification tutori

Post by Arty »

Its not a bug, you are using wrong template variable. There are 2 status variables: S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG and S_USER_UNREAD_PRIVMSG. Only one of them can be set at time, not both.

When user receives new private message, it is considered new, so S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG is set. If user didn't read private message, but ether visited ucp or new session has been created (that is visited after a while), message is no longer flagged as new, but unread, so S_USER_UNREAD_PRIVMSG is set instead.

For your language variable you should use <!-- IF S_USER_NEW_PRIVMSG or S_USER_UNREAD_PRIVMSG --> instead of <!-- IF PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO_UNREAD -->
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
Ishimaru Chiaki
Name: Caroline

Re: Bug reported -> my subsilver2 header modification tutori

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

Ok thanks for the info. ;) It solved Esperanza's issue, and I'll update my tutorial to apply this fix.
I don't do customization anymore

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”