Issue with the Moderator Control Panel?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
v_lizzy

Re: Issue with the Moderator Control Panel?

Post by v_lizzy »

Thanks Brf. :)

I just tried your suggestion and also all the steps spaceace has gone through with his and I'm getting exactly the same thing. I've even tried reinstalling the old board and going through the upgrade process again and the same thing happens.

There are a couple of other things that aren't right either - in the same way that the permissions and modules are set correctly in the acp but don't show up in the mcp, there are other things that are set up correctly in the acp that don't show in the acp either (that I've only noticed now I've spent some more time on it). The permissions for the quick reply are correct too but again that doesn't show up. I thought these were all separate issues but now I'm not so sure. It's like there's a big black hole in the site. :?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

i finally found the issue i had with my board. Ajax Chat edit to includes/functions.php

in the install instructions, this line that gets added is the problem

Code: Select all

'U_MCP'         => ($auth->acl_get('m_') || $auth->acl_getf_global('m_')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}mcp.$phpEx", 'i=main&mode=front', true, $user->session_id) : '',
when i just put that mod back in, i noticed that line directs MCP users to 'i=main&mode=front'.

my problem is solved ;)
rsandr

Post by rsandr »

spaceace wrote:my problem is solved ;)

Pardon my ignorance, what did you do to solve the problem?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

rsandr wrote:
spaceace wrote:my problem is solved ;)

Pardon my ignorance, what did you do to solve the problem?
i didn't add that specific line of code from the chat mod when i re-installed it.
rsandr

Post by rsandr »

My first instinct was to go and remove it. I'm not experienced enough to know what that line does, anyone fancy enlightening me?

Ta!
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

If you are having problems with a mod, you need to ask as a reply to that mod's support topic.
Gen.Smokey

Post by Gen.Smokey »

spaceace wrote:i finally found the issue i had with my board. Ajax Chat edit to includes/functions.php

in the install instructions, this line that gets added is the problem

Code: Select all

'U_MCP'         => ($auth->acl_get('m_') || $auth->acl_getf_global('m_')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}mcp.$phpEx", 'i=main&mode=front', true, $user->session_id) : '',
when i just put that mod back in, i noticed that line directs MCP users to 'i=main&mode=front'.

my problem is solved ;)
Thank you spaceace! xD

All I did was remove that line and everything works great!

My problem was just like this thread was named for after adding an ajax-chat. :D Now time to clean up meh forums lol
HonorKitten

Post by HonorKitten »

Just FYI - I found out through a good acquaintance that removing that line from the edits only does one thing - it doesn't allow your moderators to delete posts out of the chatbox. If you want them to have that ability, I suggest asking in the mod's support thread about a fix to that problem - it most likely is a very simple edit.

I for one don't want my moderators to have that permission so I kept it out, and it doesn't seem to change any integrity of the mod.

I've already reported the problem to the official thread found on another forum - not sure if anyone has seen it there or not. ;)

/end sticking my nose in
Board version/host: 3.0.8, Siteground
My style: blueplanet (created off of prosilver, unfinished)

Living life in the fast lane only gets you run over.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”