Prune Users Never Been Active

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Prune Users Never Been Active
Author: Martin Truckenbrodt
Modification description: adds a new option to the ACP to prune users never have been active
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: PruneUsersNeverBeenActiveMOD_1.0.0.zip
File size: 28688 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. Category
    1. Admin Tools
  2. Complexity
    1. File Edits
  3. Time
    1. ~ 3 Minutes
  4. phpBB
    1. 3.0.1
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
This MOD may cause problems when a board has been converted to phpBB3, so you should use caution when using it in that case.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt »

Hello,
my fourth validated phpBB3 MOD. 8-)

Update 2009-11-21: Since phpBB 3.0.6 the fix (feature) added by this MOD is added to the phpBB3 package.
So I'm closing developement and support for this MOD now.

Important information for boards converted from phpBB2 to phpBB 3.0.0:
There has been a bug at the converter in phpBB 3.0.0. So you have to select (and delete) related old phpBB2 accounts manually with following syntax:

Code: Select all

SELECT * 
FROM `phpbb_users` 
WHERE `user_type` =0
AND `user_lastvisit` =0
AND `user_lastmark` =0
AND `user_inactive_time` =0
If you have upgraded your phpBB2 board directly to phpBB3 version > 3.0.0 then you should not have this problem. It has been fixed in 3.0.1.

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!
DaannO

Re: Prune Users Never Been Active

Post by DaannO »

OK, n00b question. What does prune exactly mean? Like clean up and erease old users?
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello DaannO,
please look at the ACP -> USERS AND GROUPS -> Prune Users. The MOD doesn't add a completely new feature. It adds only a new option for inactive users.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Breea

Post by Breea »

It will erase users that haven't done anything and that were never active. Whether that means no posts or no logins I'm not sure, haven't looked at the code, but will be soon. :)
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello Breea,
this is the MOD for you! :)
Look at the ACP. You can combinate several options.

Bye Martin
My MODs
CocoVFR

Post by CocoVFR »

Hi everyone.
I've trying this mod, and nothing different append in my phpbb forum. I've purged the cache, refresh all template/imageset/theme, and nothing different.
For example, i've 3 user that have been activated, but they never post. They don't appear in the ACP_prune.
What's wrong for me ?

PS: excuse my poor english.

EDIT: I've found my mistake. I don't use the good acp module. It's work well now. Sorry :oops: :oops:
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:This option will be added to the next phpBB version, too.
Hi Martin,

are you talking about 3.0.2?

Regards
Wolfgang
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello,
no. phpBB 3.0.x is feature frozen.

Perhaps 3.2.x ? Askareus ? I don't know!

It's only based on one short answer of one of the developers.

Bye Martin
My MODs
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Modification description: adds a new option to the ACP to prune users never have been active
Where? I dont find :(

Tks for help
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Please look at the ACP -> USERS AND GROUPS -> Prune Users. The MOD doesn't add a completely new feature. It adds only a new option for inactive users.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Find!

TKS ;)
mikeperez

Post by mikeperez »

Hi there! Before I install this mod, I'd like a little bit of clarification.

I am running phpbb3.0.2 on my website.

I originally converted a 2.23 version of phpbb to 3.0.0, but after a major data loss, I made a fresh install of 3.0.2, then restored MOST of the information from my 3.0.0 backup. The user list was one of the tables I restored from the original conversion. The board now functions perfectly, however, my user list contains tons of spammers who registered back when my board was on 2.23. I can go ahead and delete all 89 pages of inactive users one by one (which takes forever), or I can install this mod. However, something always seems to go wrong when I mess with phpbb code, and the last thing I want is to have to shut down the forums again for maintenance.

Does this mod work on 3.0.2, especially considering how I've upgraded? Will it time out trying to delete so many users at once? Should I just do each page one by one?

Here's a link to my boards, btw... http://www.mikeystmnt.com/forums
Martin Truckenbrodt

Hello mikeperez,
this MOD is not a big MOD. There are only very small code changes. And so of course the MOD is working with 3.0.2, too!

IMO you can delete all inactive users by one step. Just test it with one user and then do the other ones. But please make a backup of your database before! ;)
And then use phpMyAdmin or something like this to do the initial delete action as I've posted it here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p5952625
You have to do it (only the one time) cause you have imported a phpBB 3.0.0 users table.

Bye Martin
My MODs

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”