Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
raulongo

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by raulongo »

This is what I have in the error log...

Code: Select all

[Mon Jun 08 15:29:54 2009] [error] [client XX.XXX.XX.XXX] PHP Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.raulgullon.com/home/forum2/install/install.php on line 17
[Mon Jun 08 15:29:54 2009] [error] [client XX.XXX.XX.XXX] PHP Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.raulgullon.com/home/forum2/install/install.php on line 17
[Mon Jun 08 15:29:54 2009] [error] [client XX.XXX.XX.XXX] PHP Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.raulgullon.com/home/forum2/install/install.php on line 17
[Mon Jun 08 15:29:54 2009] [error] [client XX.XXX.XX.XXX] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.raulgullon.com/home/forum2/install/install.php on line 20
Basically is the same. One question, at this stage, what is missing to finish the install? I mean, files are modified and copied... MySQL entries? or what?

Thank you again rxu ;)
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Post by rxu »

raulongo wrote:[Mon Jun 08 15:29:54 2009] [error] [client XX.XXX.XX.XXX] PHP Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.raulgullon.com/home/forum2/install/install.php on line 17
As I said before, you shouldn't put install.php into /install or any other subfolder. Copy it into the board root folder and run.
raulongo

Post by raulongo »

Nothing happens... white screen and no error on the "Error LOG" :? Tried to CHMOD various files of the forum (COMMON.PHP, INSTALL.php itself) but nothing happened. As If I was executing an empty script.

Thanks for the help ;)
cbourne

Post by cbourne »

MOD all works great sailed through board upgrade to .5 no problems. However, i've just noticed in my UCP that the Display Quick Panel text has moved. Can someone suggest a fix for this.

Apologies rxu I had forgotten to vote for the MOD. Big 5 from me!

Thanx.
Attachments
print screen.JPG
print screen.JPG (113.15 KiB) Viewed 625 times
rxu

Post by rxu »

raulongo wrote:Nothing happens... white screen and no error on the "Error LOG"
That's weird. If there's even nothing in your server's error_log file, so I have no idea what's the problem for now. Not enough information :?
cbourne wrote:I had forgotten to vote for the MOD. Big 5 from me!
Thank you :)
cbourne wrote:i've just noticed in my UCP that the Display Quick Panel text has moved. Can someone suggest a fix for this.
Please, let me take a look at the ucp_prefs_view.html code.
raulongo

Post by raulongo »

Sadly, I will have to try another quick reply solution... I was used to this one...

Thanks for all and keep the good work ;)
rxu

Post by rxu »

install.php makes several actions:
1) Runs SQL queries.
2) Modifies users' display preferences in the way to make QR visible for everybody by default.
3) installs Quick Reply ACP module.
4) Purges the cache.

Infact, these actions can be done manually.
1) Modify CONGIG_TABLE by adding the following entries in it (config_name, config_value):
'allow_quick_reply', '1'
'allow_quick_reply_options', '0'
'allow_quick_post', '0'
'allow_quick_post_options', '0'

2) Users need to switch QR on in their display preferences settings of UCP to see it in viewtopic.
3) QR ACP module have to be installed manually through ACP module management feature.
4) The cache has to be purged manually.
stylishkishore

Post by stylishkishore »

When i try to install this mod..by using normal edits..
i got the following error
Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/devil/public_html/BB/install/install.php on line 17

Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/devil/public_html/BB/install/install.php on line 17

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/devil/public_html/BB/install/install.php on line 17

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /home/devil/public_html/BB/install/install.php on line 20
can anybody please help me..
www.devilsduke.com

Defeat the Defeat before the Defeat Defeats you
jimmy_wrxsti

Post by jimmy_wrxsti »

Hi all

Installed this mod a while ago without any issue

Last week though i upgraded to 3.0.5 and now have lost the quick reply on my forum. The ACP options etc are all still there and set to on but no actual quick reply on the forums :?: I get no error messages just no quick reply box.

Anyone else had this? Any ideas whats causing it?
rxu

Post by rxu »

stylishkishore wrote:When i try to install this mod..by using normal edits..i got the following error
Please, read this post above.
jimmy_wrxsti wrote:The ACP options etc are all still there and set to on but no actual quick reply on the forums
Is QR displaying enabled in UCP? It's possible some update glitch as well. Check if the row

Code: Select all

<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->
still is in viewtopic_body.html.
stylishkishore

Post by stylishkishore »

rxu wrote:install.php makes several actions:
1) Runs SQL queries.
2) Modifies users' display preferences in the way to make QR visible for everybody by default.
3) installs Quick Reply ACP module.
4) Purges the cache.

Infact, these actions can be done manually.
1) Modify CONGIG_TABLE by adding the following entries in it (config_name, config_value):
'allow_quick_reply', '1'
'allow_quick_reply_options', '0'
'allow_quick_post', '0'
'allow_quick_post_options', '0'

2) Users need to switch QR on in their display preferences settings of UCP to see it in viewtopic.
3) QR ACP module have to be installed manually through ACP module management feature.
4) The cache has to be purged manually.
Because i am a begineer i am unable to understand how to edit them manually.
Can you please explain me in details..or can you please provide me another way to install it..
Thanks in advance.
waiting for your reply..
www.devilsduke.com

rxu

Post by rxu »

stylishkishore wrote:Because i am a begineer i am unable to understand how to edit them manually.Can you please explain me in details..or can you please provide me another way to install it..
That's not the answer... you just had to follow the link called "this post" -> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9855715 ;)
You don't have to do those operations manually. Just run install.php script properly.
rxu wrote:As I said before, you shouldn't put install.php into /install or any other subfolder. Copy it into the board root folder and run.
stylishkishore

Post by stylishkishore »

rxu wrote:
stylishkishore wrote:Because i am a begineer i am unable to understand how to edit them manually.Can you please explain me in details..or can you please provide me another way to install it..
That's not the answer... you just had to follow the link called "this post" -> http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9855715 ;)
You don't have to do those operations manually. Just run install.php script properly.
rxu wrote:As I said before, you shouldn't put install.php into /install or any other subfolder. Copy it into the board root folder and run.
I tried to install by putting install.php in my root directory.But it shows a blank page to me.
can you please help me in this..
www.devilsduke.com

rxu

Post by rxu »

1) Did youtry to use fixed version of the install.php?
2) Did you modify the board files and copy needed MOD files before you run the installation script?
3) Are there any error entries in your server's error_log file?
stylishkishore

Post by stylishkishore »

rxu wrote:1) Did youtry to use fixed version of the install.php?
2) Did you modify the board files and copy needed MOD files before you run the installation script?
3) Are there any error entries in your server's error_log file?
1.I am using phpBB 3.0.5.So i read one of your posts that the latest version dont need fixed version.So i dont used fixed version
2.Yes,I made all changes and i copied into the respective folders.
3.I dont know how to see the error_log file.Where it is?

thank you for helping.
www.devilsduke.com

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”