Automod doesn't show?

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
dunl

Automod doesn't show?

Post by dunl »

I had an unknown issue when I tried to install this the first time....I manage to get the forum up and going again, and the Automod tab wasn't there.

Now, when I try to reinstall Automod, when I point to the install folder....the finished screen comes on saying that the install was successful. Still no tab.

Big newbie here, please be gentle. :geek:
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: Automod doesn't show?

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Hi,

This problem comes from the uninstallation, which is rather difficult. In fact, in most cases like this, the simplest thing is to manually re-add the ACP modules. See this post for instructions: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10889815
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
dunl

Post by dunl »

Okay, I did that.....no tab appears, but the module creation worked. Now I think I just have to figure out how to use it to install mods.
dunl

Post by dunl »

Okay, somehow I managed to get the tab to show....but if I click it, it says "General Error" and "module not accessible"?

I uploaded a mod to the /store/mods directory but I still get the same error.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Darcy
dunl

Post by dunl »

anyone come across this yet? :)
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

I'm usually on at least twice a day, before Breakfast and just before bedtime - unfortunately, I overslept this morning :P

Normally the "module not accessible" error means the file includes/acp/acp_mods.php does not exist on your web server.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
dunl

Post by dunl »

It does exist....looking at it right now. 644 chmod.

Sleeping in is good. :mrgreen:
dunl

Post by dunl »

I now have a ".MODS" tab between the system ans automod tabs....something tells me that isn't right. :shock:
pancettabuddy87

Post by pancettabuddy87 »

This probabably means you have installed a MOD. This is perfectly normal :) also jelly how do you uninstall AutoMOD
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

pancettabuddy87 wrote: also jelly how do you uninstall AutoMOD
There is no script provided to uninstall AutoMOD at this time. You can uninstall AutoMOD manually, but I only recommend this if you are highly familiar with how databases work.
A Donut's Blog
dunl

Post by dunl »

Okay, so the .MODS tab is fine, and the includes/acp/acp_mods.php does exist....but I still get the "module not accessible" error.

Any other suggestions? :?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

One other potential cause of this error was actually a bug in earlier versions of phpBB. If you are using phpBB 3.0.5 or greater, you cannot be affected by this. But in older versions, you could have an inconsistent phpbb_acl_options table. The phpBB updater script would have taken care of this if you updated from 3.0.4 or lower to 3.0.5 or 3.0.6.
A Donut's Blog
dunl

Post by dunl »

I'm running a good install of 3.0.6 right now. Maybe that is why the AutoMod tab is showing.......but as to why it isn't working, I have no clue.
dunl

Post by dunl »

Okay, I tried to upload and overwrite the includes/acp/acp_mods.php file to see if that would work....it didn't.

I notice that the file I am TRYING to upload is 52,419 in size, but when it uploads, it becomes 50,657?
ghostie

Post by ghostie »

This issue happens to me too. I am running a 3.05 board installed via Fantastico on heliohost.org. Any help resolving this would be epic.

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”