[RC] User Ignore Mod v1.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BBennie

[RC] User Ignore Mod v1.2.0

Post by BBennie »

I'm submitting this back as a mod for folks to use. This mod has been around a while and worked into some other boards that are based off of phpBB. It's the pretty typical "user can ignore other users" mod. It blanks out the posts by ignored users which you can temporarily bypass to review, etc.

A while ago, I downloaded this mod from phpbbhacks.com where it had made available by GunnerX. It had some problems (it was for v2.0.3 with global parameters, etc) that I worked out. I added an admin stats page to help find trolls. I've been using it on my board for a while.

Now I need to rebuild my site and I noticed that GunnerX has still not updated this thing (since 2002). Since it seems quite handy, I cleaned it up to be friendly to the latest version of Easymod and included my admin page work.

The admin page (under the Users' section of the admin panel) lists the top 10 ignored folks and the top ten folks who are ignoring the most people. Additionally there is a raw dump for viewing all ignores.

Comments welcome. I have to get all the text variables in the admin page put properly in the language file, but aside from that, I think it's ready for release.

http://www.crescendo.net/software/phpbb ... ignore.zip
v1.2.0 - 12K
Last edited by BBennie on Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA Bennie
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

well i might try this mod out...
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

if your MOD is OK, upload it to the MODDB :wink:
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
f1forums dot com

Post by f1forums dot com »

how do you take someone off of your ignore list?

in the original thread (gunnerX), he said there is an "x" next to their name, i can't find it, in either theme i'm running....
akiraHz

problem with user ignore

Post by akiraHz »

im getting this error with the mod when i try to delete them from the ignore list by clicking the delete button

Could not delete user from ignore table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND user_id = 2' at line 4

DELETE FROM phpbb_ignore WHERE user_ignore = AND user_id = 2

Line : 88
File : ignore.php

how might i fix this? my phpbb version is 2.0.17 , and the mod version is 1.1.1 .. mysql version im not sure of
Segaholic2

Post by Segaholic2 »

Does this mod work with current versions of phpBB? I'd like to try it out, because this is a feature that would be really useful for my forum. Or if someone can suggest a better mod that does the same thing, maybe? This is the first result in Google for "phpbb ignore user mod".
SodaScouts

Re: [RC] User Ignore Mod v1.2.0

Post by SodaScouts »

Here we are, years later.... has anyone developed a mod for this since 2004? I'm concerned about implementing such an old mod for a more recent version of phpBB2, especially since another user seems to have had an SQL problem with no support as to how to solve it.
- Nancy
kelloggs_star

Post by kelloggs_star »

SodaScouts wrote:Here we are, years later.... has anyone developed a mod for this since 2004? I'm concerned about implementing such an old mod for a more recent version of phpBB2, especially since another user seems to have had an SQL problem with no support as to how to solve it.
Yes, I completely agree with Soda. I dont want to use a mod that has had problems with no support on how to fix the problem. I unfortunetly need this mod for my forum and i'd really like to know if a newer version has been developed.
microtekblue

Post by microtekblue »

Hi...Just wondering if there has been any new updates for this mod?

Are there any good mods out there for phpbb 2.0.22 that allow users to ignore other user posts?

Thanks.
wg.

Post by wg. »

Anything in 3.0.3 to do this please?
wg.

Post by wg. »

Okay have found the Foes thing but this doesn't allow folks to ignore posts from Moderators (even in forums where they are not Moderators at all).

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”