Split posts and merge in one step

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
24%
Good
3%
Fair
No votes
Poor
8%

Total votes: 38

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Split posts and merge in one step

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Split posts and merge in one step
Author: asinshesq
Modification description: Allow admin to split posts from a topic (using the regular split feature) and merge them into an existing topic in a single step
Modification version: 1.0.4
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: split_posts_and_merge_in_one_step_1-0-4.zip
File size: 3174 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.21
    2. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
With this MOD, it is easier for moderators to manage topics in a forum.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Thanks for validating this, Mac.

This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you want to split off one or more posts from an existing thread and move them into another existing thread, you just use the regular split function but you fill in a blank that tells it what destination topic you have in mind. You can specify the destination topic by inserting the destination topics id, or its url, or the url of any post in the destination topic.

[Note: the link above is not to the latest version. A link to the latest version (version 1.0.4) appears here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9#p3032069 ]
Last edited by asinshesq on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kukacomone

Post by kukacomone »

Nice, thank u. :)
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Is there any problem/conflict if we use this mod together with the "simple merge threads" one?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

chatasos wrote: Is there any problem/conflict if we use this mod together with the "simple merge threads" one?

They work fine together.
Minoesj

Post by Minoesj »

Will this mod also work with the CH-MOD ?

Thanks
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Minoesj wrote: Will this mod also work with the CH-MOD ?

Thanks

Sory, I have no idea since I don't know much about CH-MOD. This mod is very very short and simple, so you could easily give it a try (of course back up your files first!). If you try it, please let us know what you find.
Minoesj

Post by Minoesj »

I quickly tried it out on a test forum and it seems to work although i haven't tested it that much.
Thanks for a mod i already was waiting for long.
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Minoesj wrote: I quickly tried it out on a test forum and it seems to work although i haven't tested it that much.
Thanks for a mod i already was waiting for long.

If it seems to work it probably does...this mod makes very small changes in a part of phpbb that most other mods don't touch, so I am not surprised that it would work fine with CH. Thanks for reporting back.
ataylor20

Post by ataylor20 »

The Merge part of this mod, does it merge the new topic with the old one at the top or the bottom? Cause it seems to be random for me?

Any advice would be great..

AT
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

ataylor20 wrote: The Merge part of this mod, does it merge the new topic with the old one at the top or the bottom? Cause it seems to be random for me?

AT

The mod is not supposed to reorder things or give the posts new time stamps. The posts get merged in chronological order.

There are other mods out there that merge into particular places, but this one is very simple and easy...just changes the topic the post belongs to and since posts in a topic get sorted by post date that's how the final topic with the merged posts will look.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

asinshesq wrote:
ataylor20 wrote:The Merge part of this mod, does it merge the new topic with the old one at the top or the bottom? Cause it seems to be random for me?

AT

The mod is not supposed to reorder things or give the posts new time stamps. The posts get merged in chronological order.

There are other mods out there that merge into particular places, but this one is very simple and easy...just changes the topic the post belongs to and since posts in a topic get sorted by post date that's how the final topic with the merged posts will look.

Not sure it will works onto a CH edition.
If you merge an announce into an older topic or a calendar event to an older topic?
It will keep the announces status (dates), and/or the calendar status (dates too) ?
What about polls ?

/i've posted this Topic Link and we are discussing this MOD, i have to test it myself in localhost but me too i presume it can't play the rolegame. :roll:

If needed I'll report.

Greets
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Onanias

Post by Onanias »

Hey, i have just tryed this mod. In theory it sounds good. But the thing is, it say it should be able to insert old posts into an old topic, i tried to do this by copying the exact name of the post i wanted the posts into because of wrong posting. What happend was, it did remove the marked posts, but it inserted them into a new topic that was excactly the same as the old one.... :cry: And u can not move the whole post either, the first post will be there. If u can make it so users can choose to delete thread after move and also move the first post it will be nice. And if iam doing anything wrong since i can`t move it into an old post instead of making a new with the same name, whats wrong :?:
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Onanias wrote: Hey, i have just tryed this mod. In theory it sounds good. But the thing is, it say it should be able to insert old posts into an old topic, i tried to do this by copying the exact name of the post i wanted the posts into because of wrong posting....

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean here.

You need to specify the destination topic you want to move the old post to. The mod isntructions that come up when you try to split out old posts from a topic say underneath the 'new topic title' blank: "(specify new topic title; leave blank to merge split-off posts into existing topic specified below)". That means what it says: if you want to merge the post into an already existing topic rather than split off into a new one, you should be leaving that blank blank.

In addition, the mod isntructions that come up when you try to split out old posts from a topic say underneath the 'destination topic' blank: "(if merging into existing topic, insert topic id or url of that topic, or insert url of a post in that topic)". That means that you should not be specifying the name of the destination topic there. You should isntead specify the topic_id or the url of the destination topic or the url of a post in the destination topic.

Give that a try and see if it works for you.
Onanias wrote: ...And u can not move the whole post either, the first post will be there....
Again, I don't know what you mean. Whichever posts you select to split off are the ones that get moved. You can select individual posts from the old topic or you can specify that all posts from a particular post on to the bottom get split off.

This is a mod to the already existing split off posts function of phpbb, so if you are saying that you can't split off the very first post of a topic that is correct (since that very first post is the topic opener and it doesn't make any sense to move the topic opening post away from the topic.
Onanias wrote: ...If u can make it so users can choose to delete thread after move and also move the first post it will be nice. And if iam doing anything wrong since i can`t move it into an old post instead of making a new with the same name, whats wrong :?:

Sounds to me like you're trying to do somehting that hax nothign to do with this mod. Sounds like you're trying to merge an entire old topic into another existing topic. If that's what you are trying to do, there is a completely different mod called 'simply merge threads' that does that. You can find that here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=149057

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”