[2.0.17] Change Admin and Moderator color

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
70%
Very Good
20%
Good
5%
Fair
No votes
Poor
5%

Total votes: 20

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] Change Admin and Moderator color

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Change Admin and Moderator color
Author: ZyreXiaix
MOD Description: This MOD will enable you to change the font color of Administrators and Moderators through your ACP, without effecting any other colors that "fontcolor2" and "fontcolor3" are assigned to.

MOD Version: 1.0.1

Download File: Change_Admin_and_Moderator_color.mod
mods overview page: View
File Size: 9445 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD lets you change the color of Administrators and Moderators from the Styles section within the Admin Control Panel.
Eric
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Well.. this is (may be) the Mod a lot of CH users are waiting for.. before to start testing it, a question to the Author: do you know if your Mod it is CH 2.1.1 RC5 compatible?

Your answer will avoid me to test it in localhost, thanks.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
OptamumPC

Post by OptamumPC »

Thnx, can't wait to try it!!!
ZyreXiaix

Post by ZyreXiaix »

3Di wrote: Well.. this is (may be) the Mod a lot of CH users are waiting for.. before to start testing it, a question to the Author: do you know if your Mod it is CH 2.1.1 RC5 compatible?

To be frankly honest, no, I do not know if my MOD is CH 2.1.1 RC5 compatible. To be even more honest, I don't even know what "CH 2.1.1 RC5" means. My apologies.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

ZyreXiaix wrote:
3Di wrote:Well.. this is (may be) the Mod a lot of CH users are waiting for.. before to start testing it, a question to the Author: do you know if your Mod it is CH 2.1.1 RC5 compatible?

To be frankly honest, no, I do not know if my MOD is CH 2.1.1 RC5 compatible. To be even more honest, I don't even know what "CH 2.1.1 RC5" means. My apologies.

Thanks, anyway.

CH 2.1.1 RC5 = Categories Hierarchy version 2.1.1 Release Candidate 5. :wink:
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
eman

Post by eman »

that's amazing - i just did that manually by editing the viewonline, and page_header files :P

i think this method might be easier

(i swear i was planning on trying to make this mod)

how long did it take to make this mod?
Last edited by eman on Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
eman

Post by eman »

ok - just installed it and it workes perfectly
(i would suggest having a knowledge of the sql database (and phpMyAdmin helpes alot) or at least the ability to test it on another forum (like on my server i have a test forum that i try all my mods on first, with a few gunni pig's)

ok - heres a review of this mod (with my personal biases of course)

here is the end result -

ok - now to get there, is anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes of work (not to bad, however, if you are like me, and are unfamiliar with the database working, try to practice)

I am (or was) a complete newwb at all of this, but with the help of this mod, and the action guide - i was able to get in in about a half hour
(action guide can be found here )
I would also like to say that because i was already familiar with the files that need to be edited, the time it took to actually follow the mods instructions, was amazingly short
(if you have done this modification to your boards, this permanent mod should be a much better solution, and it will be easy to install)

Ok - anyway - back to the review

this mod takes a half hour at most, so if you have that time - why not install this. That said - how often are you planning to change the admin and mod colors? For me - i like tweaking things every now and then, but if you are someone that just want's to change it, and then leave it for the rest of your boards life - then this might not be for you.

Oh yeah - and one more note - this was tested on phpBB version 2.0.17, and it works fine, so you dont have to worry about that :)

overall - i think this was a great mod, and my thanks to zyrexiaix for making it :)
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Hmm it shouldn't take that long to install with EasyMod.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
afterlife_69
I've Been Banned!

Post by afterlife_69 »

Im guessing this doesnt work with XS installed.
ZyreXiaix

Post by ZyreXiaix »

eman wrote: how long did it take to make this mod?

The actual sql edits and phpbb code edits took only 5 minutes to figure out and alter, but filling out the phpbb MOD form took nearly 30 - 45 minutes...<grin>. Well worth the effort though to contribute to what I've been using for nearly 3 years. In fact, I've created some outstanding MOD's that I'm sure will tickle some fancies but I just have to put them into the template and submit em.
ZyreXiaix

Post by ZyreXiaix »

eman wrote: that's amazing - i just did that manually by editing the viewonline, and page_header files

Yes, it is just as easy to edit a few lines of the phpbb code to acomplish pretty much the same result as a full install of this MOD. However, I like admin control panel stuff, so I made it to edit in a very universal, easy manner.
Americas Reject

Post by Americas Reject »

How can I add the options to the xs mod style editor?
ZyreXiaix

Post by ZyreXiaix »

Americas Reject wrote: How can I add the options to the xs mod style editor?

I'm not familiar with the "XS MOD Style Editor". Would there be anyone who could assist this person? I apologize for my lack of support regarding XS.
Americas Reject

Post by Americas Reject »

This is the mod, it replaces phpbb's original style editor.

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”