[RC] XData CPF [Custom Profile Fields (MMW)]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Noobarmy

[RC] XData CPF [Custom Profile Fields (MMW)]

Post by Noobarmy »

xData CPF Allows the admin to add extra profile fields
DOWNLOAD [1.0.4](ZIP)
This MOD is not abandoned, however support is limited and a response may not be immediate. Please be patient
Give suggestions to what you want to see in XDATA 2.0.0 please
Last edited by Noobarmy on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:22 am, edited 19 times in total.
oopanda

Post by oopanda »

Perhaps make it so that you have the option to add it to the postbit under the avatar in topics? Also, um required fields you can have the option to put on the registration(I think this was said ), as well as drop down boxes for multiple choices.
gamerxgirl

Post by gamerxgirl »

There is already a working and updated one at http://www.outshine.com/cpf/, I use it on 2.0.21 with no problems. The only thing it's missing is a drop-down list option.
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

gamerxgirl wrote: There is already a working and updated one at http://www.outshine.com/cpf/, I use it on 2.0.21 with no problems. The only thing it's missing is a drop-down list option.

I'd say the added requirements are:
-easy admin interface (unlike PCP, which is pretty much superb, albeit outdated)
-fast
-extensible (I'd use a module system to allow adding validator and input functions for new types)
-bonus: leaving the original fields untouched and in place, to allow other mods to work.

;D But Noobarmy was faster, so he now has the authority on this one.
commonguy

Post by commonguy »

Can the admin make the fields required and can the answers show up on the user's profile?
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

gamerxgirl: That's cool, but why did the Author not release it over here, damnit!

Good luck on this one noobarmy! :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Another type of field that would be nice is a Date field.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

--
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy »

@oopanda : i treat combo and drop-down boxes the same. theoretically they ain't but i just do :D i'll look at how to add the fields into the post information and i've already said i'll have hte option of puttin it in the registration form ;)

@gamerxgirl : Well if your satisfied with it then good for you ;) the whole idea is that for the MMW its not original ideas but its so those mods are in the MODDB becaues ppl abondon MODs or don't release them so i'll be doing releasing it. If you go to the MMW Topic you'll find there have been 3 other mods on this concept which have all been abondoned :D

@commonguy : i will be making it so the admin can decide whether or not a field is required upon registration. the data will be on the user's profile. although admin can have the option of not displaying it in the user profile, only for admins, only for users and for everyone. Also there will be the option of the user deciding. If someone takes up that friends one from the MMW i'll try integrate that with the mod so only friends for example can see a field ;)

@evil<3 : luck is always nice to have, thanks ;)

@bonelifer : by default the data type will be text. BUT this can be changed to the others available such as the Number Range(int, longint, smallint ect) and Date ;)

@All: I will start coding tommorow morning. I'll post up as soon as i get something interesting done. Version 1.0.0 ALPHA will be up for testing soon ;) Appreciate all feedback and responses. Now school's out for summer i'll have loads of time to get this done :D
_john_9

Post by _john_9 »

It would be interesting that for a use a little more professional than it is possible to modify the registration and profile pages in order to remove for example ICQ, MSN and/or AIM and to add some fields.
oopanda

Post by oopanda »

Thx NoobArmy, looking forward to testing it out the quirks.

Having the custom profile field added to the postbit is why I wanted a mod for it because for me as well as some people, I don't check the profile a lot, and it would just seem easier to see it right under the avatar especially for clan forums and such. :D

Ok, combo, not dropdown, combo. ;)
killyouall

Post by killyouall »

how about being able to be able to place it anywhere you like in your profile?
Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy »

@_john_9 : well i guess this is gonne be proffesional ;) i'm gonna have the MSN, ICQ them lot Location, Occupation and Interests, Also Website(possibly) availble to be removed and manipulated as with all the other custom fields which can be created :D

@oopanda: hehe you can call it stop down box if you like i was just sayin that i call em combo boxes :D i'll need to look into putting it in the postbit but i'm sure i'll work it out ;)

@killyouall: i don't understand what you mean :? can you elaborate please. its jsut so i dont miss out on a good idea ;)
Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy »

--Removed---
killyouall

Post by killyouall »

killyouall wrote: how about being able to be able to place it anywhere you like in your profile?

Noobarmy wrote: @killyouall: i don't understand what you mean :? can you elaborate please. its jsut so i dont miss out on a good idea ;)

i was talking about putting the feilds where you want in the profile like if you want it to show up under the username you can do it like that or if you want it between the instantmessanger feilds you can do that

hope thats explainded better

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”