[DISC] Activity Mod Plus (Newest Release: v1.1.0)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

And what about the problem with the "same window"? No game worked with that. "New window" worked fine.
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

Ok, I'm ready to reinstall now. Is this the correct way:
1. Change the ActivityPlus_Install.php like described in post #1
2. Upload and execute the file.
3. Change all files described in 1.0.0.txt (Upgrading from the old activity-mod) and upload them.
4. Upload all files from austin`s mod-update.
The way i reccomend you install this, if you are using the old activity mod & upgrading to this one for the first time is open the Activity_Install.php
I am confused about the file "ActivityPlus_U.php" which is said of, that I shall run it...when? Can it be, that I dont need the ActivityPlus_install.php but only the ActivityPlus_U.php? That means I execute that one in step 1 instead of activityplus_install.php....
whoo

Post by whoo »

aUsTiN-Inc wrote:
alegis gensan wrote:Austin, as for spydey games, theyre lots of em and we dont value those left high either so..if anyone wants a spydey game converted they should just ask, how about that. it will be converted

Who are you or me or whoo or anyone else to judge what games are fun & which are not?

I think it comes down to this-- no-one is saying which games are fun, etc.. what is being said is that it takes TIME and energy to mod the games. Whether or not someone wants to take that time is entirely up to her or him. See how that works? Lets try to remember we are ALL doing this for free, therefore we dont OWE anyone anything-- especially time.
MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Well you could also add this feature but it would be sucky i gues..

Adding comments.. when a user get's redirected to the Close window / You have won thropy etc. add a option so users can put there comments in it. Well uhm nevermind about this. brbwbrhqepb :D
:D
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

Yes, the comment-feature would be nice :)

Ok, I have now installed the Update and I still cant play games in the same window. The page with the embedded game opens, but the game isnt shown, ther is no error-message or sth. like that...The games I use are the ones from Alegis and Whoo, the newscore.php I use is the one in the 1.0.2-package...Please help me fix that bug :-/

Another question:
How can I reset the number of trophies a user has? I resetted all highscores but the Trophy-Number at the Users profile etc. still shows the old value...Pleas help, too!
whoo

Post by whoo »

So i was thinking, the rational justification for making spidys games workable with the http_post submission is so that folks dont go get a particular game, try to use it, and then wonder why it doesnt work. However, that also means keeping up with any games he does in the future, assuming he does, without them being games someone, such as myself, has already done-- which I'm not sure anyone really wants to do. I know I dont.

I dunno, I think unless mullac or alegis wants to commit to that,(babysitting spidys spidys forums waiting to see if new ones come out), it might be an ongoing issue with his games.

Just my .02
burnthome

Post by burnthome »

whoo wrote:
aUsTiN-Inc wrote:
alegis gensan wrote:Austin, as for spydey games, theyre lots of em and we dont value those left high either so..if anyone wants a spydey game converted they should just ask, how about that. it will be converted

Who are you or me or whoo or anyone else to judge what games are fun & which are not?

I think it comes down to this-- no-one is saying which games are fun, etc.. what is being said is that it takes TIME and energy to mod the games. Whether or not someone wants to take that time is entirely up to her or him. See how that works? Lets try to remember we are ALL doing this for free, therefore we dont OWE anyone anything-- especially time.

i agree what whoo sayings, about the games i think we totally cannot complaint for it....especiallly of who modded the games(wasting the time for us..)i think we should appreciate the modder games(what they do us for free to us..) even the games are fun or not...and i think we should understand the efford the modder of this games,mod and etc....
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

would it not be possiable to have both? As in have sperate score handlers for seperate authors?
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

Next Bug just realized: When you submitted a score and klick on the link "back to games", the Games-Page will be opened in the same window like the just played game, that means that there are no scrollbars...
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

xmulder, we do have both, its just the fact you can cheat on spidy's.

burnt, you speak of the game modders spending the time to make the games & it being free, do you think i made this in 10 minutes? And i charged someone to make it?

provok, you want my suggestion to fix it all? Since i asked you yesterday to make a backup of the games table & scores table, i will assume you did, delete everything you have, file wise. Run the INSTALL ONLY , none of the ones ending with a _U*, as those are upgrades, U = upgrade from the old format, U1 my first upgrade to 1.0.1, U2 second upgrade to 1.0.2, which it plainly states in the READ FIRST.txt & tells you which files to read & run. But since you are having issues & i dont know why or how as i made the readme's & installs as simple as i possibly could, do it from scratch is my best suggestion. As for the games loading, when your in pop up mode playing, its common sense to "Close This Window" when the score is submitted where as in Parent mode it is common sense to "Go Back To Playing Games", sorry if i made that to confusing. I'll see about making it one link per option. Onto the trophy count, if you made the edits to page_tail, adding the call to a function you had to add to functions.php, it will update its self on every refresh, that was the only way to keep it up to date.

Maddox, the comment feature im guessing you saw on a Vbulletin board games mod, which would i spose be a touch. I'll see how complicating itll be, shouldn't be to bad tho. Only thing is on their board EVERYONE can comment, if i do it i will allow only the trophy holders to comment, that sound ok?

whoo, i can gladly post here everytime he releases a game/games w/o babysitting. I get an email every time :D, & im not so much worried about the future, once 3 of yall get ahead on the POST method, i dont think it will be any prollem to stay ahead & in the end eliminate the GET system.
¤ phpBB Security ¤ Blend Portal Creator ¤
¤ Activity Mod Plus Creator «« 2004 phpBBHacks "Hack" Of The Year ¤
¤ Activity Mod Plus Home ¤ 2004 phpBBHacks "Hack" Author Of The Year ¤
My mods are never done, always in update status!
gopunkyourself

Post by gopunkyourself »

Austin - there is a small problem i think needs adressing. My apologies if this has already been asked or answered etc..

When I delete the scores of a game that uses reverse high scoring it then gives the runner up the score or it just uses the main admin -2 with a score of 0. This present a problem because on a reverse scoring game a score of 0 is unbeatable.

I await your comments.
MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

aUsTiN-Inc wrote: Maddox, the comment feature im guessing you saw on a Vbulletin board games mod, which would i spose be a touch. I'll see how complicating itll be, shouldn't be to bad tho. Only thing is on their board EVERYONE can comment, if i do it i will allow only the trophy holders to comment, that sound ok?

Well actually it came up in my mind when i was playing unreal :P rofl dunno why hahaha 8) Anywayz yeh it would be great!! Only we're asking to much :roll:
Last edited by MaddoxX on Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:D
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Just tried it on the test board, i see what it is, i never coded the delete function to do a reverse order switch. Thanks & no it hasn't been posted before, but i'll get it fixed in .3
aUsTiN-Inc

Post by aUsTiN-Inc »

Inbetween posts, maddox posted & i had another thought, here is what i got, i will add an ACP feature, as a last resort, to edit anyones score for any game, JUST incase a reverse order is set to 0 it can easily be fixed.

Maddox, as of this far you havn't asked to much. I dont mind doing this, i still find it enjoyable unlike some who find it nothing but time consuming.
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

aUsTiN-Inc wrote: Onto the trophy count, if you made the edits to page_tail, adding the call to a function you had to add to functions.php, it will update its self on every refresh, that was the only way to keep it up to date.

What "refresh" do you mean?

Sorry that I have so many problems, it is a bit difficult as a german to get along with a few important words in english :oops:

I did it as I described:

1) I executed the ActivityPlus_Install.php and after that the ActivityPlus_U.php which only said that there are many duplicated things...
2) I Edited all files and uploaded them and also uploaded your Install-files
3) I executed the score and trophy-file from post #1
4) I fixed the Games-Tables and set me as admin to have all trophies

If someone gets a trophy now, it will add one to his trophies, thats ok, but when someone looses a trophy, it doesnt decrement the trophies-count...Or do I have to refresh something?? Where?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”