[MODDB] Vehicle Garage 0.9.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Patrick Simmons

Post by Patrick Simmons »

poyntesm wrote: Patrick Simmons -> Should both be fixed. The 2006 one is funny..someone else asked for it too..I do not understand though how in 2005 you have a car from 2006??

Here in the US, new models come out around August. I just bought a 2006 truck and tried to enter it and realized it wouldn't go up a year.

Thanks for the help.
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

We've had some 2006 models as early as spring..
Goose95

Post by Goose95 »

In functions_garage.php

some "subSilver" are hard coded in the file => bug when subSilver template is not used
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Goose95 -> Yeah...currently working through functions_garage.php to remove as much HTML as possible to .tpl's & remove hardcoded style usgae.

Patrick Simmons & MrDSL -> Well now it will always list one year in advance plus starting from whatever year you want.

I think next ZIP will be the final.
wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

I tried to install this mod on my board.... the latest version .18

When all was done, when I browsed to it, NOTHING displayed...just a blank white screen.....

Where have I gone wrong??
grahn

Post by grahn »

Sounds like a syntax typo. The php file has a coding error in it, and (not a phpbb expert) my guess would be that phpbb is parsing that error and failing before outputing html content.

The mod looks really good so far. Pretty easy on the conversion. Working on menu buttons now, and I will have to add/rewrite your display image code as phpnuke puts a header, and your code sends a png content type. (browser things it has an invalid image file).

Glad to hear your working on pulling out some more of the hard coded html stuff from the functions file. I also ran into 5 or 6 garage.php vs garage. $phpEx.

Other than that, most of the features worked right out of the box before I had a chance to convert the url styling to work better with nuke. Nice job on the rewrite.

Grahn.
grahn

Post by grahn »

Ok, if your working on the functions_garage.php, found a couple bits that need to be updated.

These are the exact lines you can search for that need to be updated.

Code: Select all

@unlink(GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $data['attach_location']);
@unlink(GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $data['attach_thumb_location']);
@unlink(GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $data['attach_thumb_location']);
(@file_exists(GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH."/".$vehicle_data['attach_thumb_location'])) )
$thumb_image = GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $vehicle_data['attach_thumb_location'];
$thumb_image = GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $vehicle_row['attach_thumb_location'];
$thumb_image = GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $usermods_row['attach_thumb_location'];
$thumb_image = GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH . $gallery_data['attach_thumb_location'];
Those lines need to have the $phpbb_root_path . added infront of the GARAGE_UPLOAD_PATH.

Fixes up a lot of image problems if you have a non-default path for your forums.

Took a couple hours to sort through my custom hacks, but really the new code was quite clean, and I'm now working on catching any files I missed but it's up and running.

http://www.utahcartalk.com/modules.php? ... ile=garage

Grahn.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

wingnut144 -> Can you give me a link?

grahn -> Good point...I will make sure it is used everywhere. It is used lots, just not 100%. Glad you found 0.9.0 easy to work with.
Goose95

Post by Goose95 »

for me, the function "delete_premium" does not work...

after i've push "OK" in the javascript popup, i'm redirected to main menu, and the insurrance premium is not deleted.
wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

poyntesm wrote: wingnut144 -> Can you give me a link?

I wish I could, I had to back out the changes to the files as I couldn't have the board down for an extended period of time.

1 thing I did notice though, in x.18, there isn't a line in page_tail.php that shows as:

'TRANSLATION_INFO' => ( isset($lang['TRANSLATION_INFO']) ) ? $lang['TRANSLATION_INFO'] : '',

There is more to it than just that....not sure if that would cause a problem or not......
nissanlife

Post by nissanlife »

In the garage install for the newest .0.9.0 zip... I am getting this error:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_garage_images` SET `attach_ext` = '.gif' WHERE `attach_ext` = 'gif';
+++ Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'attach_ext` = '.gif' WHERE `attach_ext` = 'gif'' at line 1
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

wingnut144 -> Did your whole board go blank?? The very latest beta zip has the correct line for the find and this is what will be the release. I am away this weekend..but more than happy to do the edits required for you if you want.

nissanlife -> You can ignore that. I will fix that up though. Just remove that line from the file.

Goose95 -> Yes the .phpEx was incorrect I will fix that.
robertut

Post by robertut »

Any news about the permission system bug?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

robertut -> Oppps...got so busy doing stuff for 0.9.0 I forgot to check into it, away till Monday. But I will look at it then.
oracle_sod

Post by oracle_sod »

iv made a blue set of the garage icons

feel free to download them

http://tx3.myvnc.com/temp/images

there is also a zip there with them all in it

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”