[BETA] Megamail 0.9.6 (was 'Split MassMail in Chunks 0.9.2')

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Graphic
Former Team Member

Post by Graphic »

I am using subsilver, I just modified the graphics and colors.

There is only 2 changes in the template directory anyway.
A bit of javascript and a form tag.
What Is Real!?
Latest phpBB2 Styles: [What Is Real!?] [Avalanche]
H0bbes13

Post by H0bbes13 »

Code: Select all

Could not obtain list of email-sessions. If you want to create the table, click here to install
After I click to install it takes me to the main forum index page. It doesnt log me out like RobX, just opens the index page in that frame.
The WOLF Servers
An online gaming community
Our Forum
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

In admin_megamail.php find (it's inline):

append_sid('?mode=install')
and replace it with:

append_sid('admin_megamail.php?mode=install')
H0bbes13

Post by H0bbes13 »

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Question though. I am sending out a HTML formatted "newsletter". When I send it out it arrives as just plain text and Outlook isnt reading it as html. But when I send the same code out through my own client it arrives in html format and displays properly. Is there something in the megamail code that does something to the html formatting to make it invalid?
The WOLF Servers
An online gaming community
Our Forum
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

it would be good to be able to set the mail headers to choose text/plain or text/html
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.
itst

Post by itst »

R. U. Serios, another great hack!

Worked without any problems at phpBB.de ;-)

Feature requests: since the mailings are aved to the DB, could the mailing text also be saved?
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

itst wrote: R. U. Serios, another great hack!

Worked without any problems at phpBB.de ;-)

Feature requests: since the mailings are aved to the DB, could the mailing text also be saved?

Thank you very much. :) Actually the text is saved, you can look it up in the db. I didn't quite had the time (and idea) to make an interface for viewing it. Unfortunately I'll be gone on holidays for a couple week, so ddon't expect anything from me for that time.

Glad to hear it's working on phpbb.de :)

Greetings

R. U. Serious
BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

this is a fantastic mod, only one thing that it's missing:

Can we have the ability to include the user's name and email address in the email? For example:
Your name is: {USERNAME}
Your email address is: {EMAIL_ADDRESS}

That way the users get reminded of thier contact info and avoid having double sign ups. I've got it running on phpbb 2.0.6 and its working like a charm. Please try and incorporating the above mentioned features :D

Thanx, keep up the great work!
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN!
BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

I just found a mod where admins can show the username's on the emails being sent in Mass Email:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=47894

However, the script is rather difficult and filewise its all over the place, if you can combine both of these two scripts we can all have one very powerful Mass Email script with unsubscribe, show username, useremail and other essential features such as session queue and more. 8)

Hope you add that to your list,

Thanx
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN!
CD69

Post by CD69 »

Sorry but I have a rookie question and I have only used one hack so far. I'm running 2.0.4 and my template is fisubice (nice work Daz) and I've tried the mass e-mail fuction twice, each time the page expired.

Someone gave me the link to this thread and I grabbed the download mega_mail_v096, unzipped it and I got three files. Do I just upload those into the proper directories? R. U. Serious, have you really made it that easy on me?
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

CD69 wrote: I grabbed the download mega_mail_v096, unzipped it and I got three files. Do I just upload those into the proper directories? R. U. Serious, have you really made it that easy on me?

Yes, that should suffice.
If you have a mysql-db, then the script will try to create the necessary table itself if it is nonexistent.
CD69

Post by CD69 »

Yes, that should suffice.
If you have a mysql-db, then the script will try to create the necessary table itself if it is nonexistent.

I am running mysql on Red Hat 7.2. Is there something in the mod that will install/build the tables or will it happen the first time I attempt to e-mail our members. I don't want to be viewed as "Mr Spam" trying it more then once. The site runs great now, we have had almost no problems and I would hate to start chasing people away.
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

Actually this and your last question were answered on page 2:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 249#580249
CD69

Post by CD69 »

Thanks for the link, I appreciate all the help.
CD69

Post by CD69 »

I got it installed and have the window open to send mail and have this in the header. Does that just report the e-mail activity once I send or is something missing.

Your Email-Sessions
Id Group name Subject Processed Mails per Batch Pause Administrator Status
No records were found.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”