auto group

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
49%
Very Good
19%
Good
11%
Fair
4%
Poor
17%

Total votes: 53

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

auto group

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: auto group
Author: Raimon
Modification description: This mod will make it posible to add member to a user group, depending on there post count
This makes it posible to make a group "Everyone" (0 posts) where all members are members by default.

or a group like "Posters" (1 posts) where all users witch have posted are a member
this version also support MAX post count, so the users will be removed if they have more posts than required
Modification version: 1.2.2
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: auto_group_1.2.2em.zip
File size: 8869 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. Category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpBB
    1. 2.0.23
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released
Eric
dennistt

Post by dennistt »

Wow from the description, it looks good :D
Niels Chr. Denmark

Post by Niels Chr. Denmark »

Now watching this topic
Earth should spin a litle slower, then there would be 28H/dayImage
quentin

Post by quentin »

very good and powerful mod. allows for maximal group use, attaching groups to ranks etc.

Good job.
Quentin
The largest message boards on the web !
Web Design Library (coming soon)
Friends sites: Heroes of might and magic - Biometric security
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

attaching groups to ranks

I don't see that option anywhere.

What is the # max post count for? Isn't it the same as the # of required post? A user must meet the # of require post to be auto-added to a usergroup. So...what's the max post count for?

Thanks.
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Also...after I ran the sync_postcount.php, all of my members lost about 300 post counts. Any ideas why? Does this happen to anyone else?
Niels Chr. Denmark

the min post count, is the number of posts the users as minimum MUST have before added to the group, while the max post is a value, witch if exeded the user will be removed from the usergrop.

this is usefull, if you wish a user to become a member of a user group when the reasch 10 posts - but when the same user gets 20 posts, he/she will be removed from the first group and added to another group...
NIFTYGUY

Post by NIFTYGUY »

Sounds intersting

I have some questions before i think about moding my forum

1. if a member only posted 1 time and nothing for months is there an option to auto remove member that havnt been posting in a group

2. can u disable this mod in administrator panel ?
Niels Chr. Denmark

1. no, you can't make a rule witch is time based - e.g. remove the user if he hasen't posted for a month.

2. yes, this mod is by default disabled, after installation, you will have to look a (some) usergroup(s) up in ACP and enable post counting rules for them.

e.g. a usergroup like "Everyone" would be defined as "min 0 posts + max 999999 posts"

or a usergroup like "postes" would be defined like "min 1 posts + max 999999 posts"
PTRACER

Post by PTRACER »

For some reason, the Auto group MOD I'm using is still allowing certain people into certain areas, even though I've modified their permissions so they can't? :?
Niels Chr. Denmark

the autogroup mod, does NOT change any authorication code, only add/remove users from usergroups.

therefor if you have that kind of truble, it's more likely another mod installed, witch makes users permission/usergroup permission not work.

make shure you know exactly witch usergroups the user are in, and be shure to restrict the usergroups access prober.

PLEASE NOTE: the mod will not prevent users from staying in a usergroup, if you change the "post count" in group management.
to remove the "old" users after changeing the post count , you also need to "mark" the option "Delete/Update old users"
this way admin may deside if old users should be left in the group or alternativly be kicked out.
Tia

Post by Tia »

quentin said:
allows for... attaching groups to ranks etc.

Rookie7 said:
I don't see that option anywhere.

This MOD does or doesn't do this? Thanks.
Niels Chr. Denmark

it depends on how you set it up in ACP..but basically YES.

usergroup and ranks have nothing in common before or after installing this mod.

How-ever since ranks are assigned depending on the users post count, you can make usergroup(s) act same way as ranks.

e.g. if you have made a rank for "+10 posters", you may also make a usergroup for "+10 posters" this way the rank and usergroup membership will follow each other.

but it is basicaly up to you to define when the users should be automatically added to the usergroup, alternativly you may also set it up so the users are allowed to join when reaching a specific post count.

I have at my demo site, made it so users only have access to the forum "Auto group" after they have made at least 1 post in another forum - this demonstrate the use of the mod.

you may also take a look at my "show usergroups" if you wish to assign images to usergroups, and have the list of current membership to show beside posts / profile or other places.
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Edit: Nevermind, solved the problem.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”