This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Jorram

Post by Jorram »

URL: www.shadowdance.info/forum/
Template(s) used: subSilver and a modified subSilver
Any and all MODs:

Admin userlist, Colour page, Custom Title, Favorite Topics, Log Actions, Per user avatar/sig settings, Ranks in memberlist

Do you use a port of phpBB: No
Version of phpBB: 2.0.6
Version of PHP: 4.3.3
Which database server and version: MySQL 4.0.15-standart
Host: as in who hosts the site? www.goto.bg if that's of any matter..
Did someone install this for you/who: No
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: No
Is this a conversion/from what to what: No
Have you searched for your problem: Yes
If so, what terms did you try: Gallery, Avatars
State the nature of your problem:

I'm running phpBB 2.0.6. I recently uploaded a bunch of avatars and splitted them into two subfolders that should appear as categories in the avatar gallery page in Profile. All good. Except, when it loads the default category and the user changes to the other, then switches back, it takes him to the Profile page itself, shows a header box saying that 'You must fill in the required fields', resets the chosen Style to subsilver, changes the Time setting one hour backwards and changes the Date format field to 'english', as opposed to the more apt "d M Y h:i a".

I take this to be a bug, but because of my missing php knowledge i haven't been able to track down why and where does it happen. The 'Go' button in the gallery activetes some function but i cannot figure out where to look for it. And... I know it says here bugs are not to be posted on this forum, but honestly I couldn't figure out where else to post this question.

Do you have a test account for us: ID:Test/Pass:test. You can change the style to Shadowdance, if you want (thats the modified subSilver template) but the problem shows up on subSilver, too.
Jorram

Post by Jorram »

-bumping-
Lo Fi Cat

Post by Lo Fi Cat »

I have this same problem... v2.0.6... when you go to the avatar gallery and try to switch galleries more than once, it returns the 'must fill in blanks' error. Also, users have reported that they're unable to select avatars from pages other than the first one, though I've not been able to duplicate that.

http://www.andandy.com/forum/

Thanks.
Lo Fi Cat

Post by Lo Fi Cat »

I resolved the issues outlined here:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 108#929108

by uninstalling this mod:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=141622

Hope this helps.
waywardtraveller

Post by waywardtraveller »

I am having more or less the same problem, except I never installed the MOD referred to by Lo Fi Cat:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=298677

Did anyone here try loking at the templates? If so, find anything?

peace
WaywardTraveller
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell; spirituality is for people who have been there. - ANONYMOUS
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

I just started having this exact same problem

I'm having a problem accessing the Avatar Gallery.

Anyone have any idea what OTHER mod could be a cause, as I didn't have that one installed either.

I can get to page one ok, when I click on SHOW GALLERY in my profile.  
But when I try to go to any other page, my profile info comes up again, with a note at the top of the page that says "You must fill in the required fields".

I never got that before.  I used to just be able to go from page to page in the gallery.

It says I need to fill in all the password fields.  (I'm logging on ok with my password, so I don't know why I'd need to reenter that.)

On my profile page that comes up when I try to access another Avatar Gallery page besides one, it says I have "no gender specified", which is strange, cause if you go to my viewing profile, Male is listed, and when I directly go to my profile to make changes, it's marked there, too.  And also on this profile page that asks me to make changes, my current avatar isn't showing.  It's just a blank, where my avatar usually shows.

In addition, all of the other fields seem to have changed too and need to be reset.

Then if I try to choose an avatar from the gallery, it starts all over again.

No idea when this started happening and I added a bunch of new mods since I used it last.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”