Can't create new forums

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rachelpoo

Can't create new forums

Post by rachelpoo »

After initially setting up categories and forums about a month ago, members have requested a couple more. When I go into admin/forum management and type in the title I want, when I hit the button nothing happens. I can edit forums, move them up and down, etc... but not create them. Any idea what's buggin?

Thanks

Rach
Darlof
Former Team Member
Name: Darrell

Post by Darlof »

Please fill out the Support Request Template.
rachelpoo

Post by rachelpoo »

URL: christian-mommies.com/forums
Template(s) used: I tried both the default and silverxire (currently used)- both had problem
Any and all MODs: None
Do you use a port of phpBB: No
Version of phpBB: Just updated from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 this morning, problem preexistingVersion of PHP: 2.0.8 now
Which database server and version: 4.0.18-standard
Host: Myself via Techark
Did someone install this for you/who: Fantistico
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: error occured before any upgrades, and no upgrade before
Is this a conversion/from what to what: same as above
Have you searched for your problem: tried, got "internal server error"
If so, what terms did you try: "cant create new forums"
State the nature of your problem: Hit the button, nothing happens.. everything else is functioning fine
Do you have a test account for us: no
Darlof
Former Team Member
Name: Darrell

Post by Darlof »

what do you mean nothing happens? you hit the button and literally nothing happens...or the forum/category is not created? more detail please
rachelpoo

Post by rachelpoo »

I enter the title for either a new forum or new cat, hit the button and it goes nowhere. It doesn't look like it's even attempting to go anywhere. Pushing the button does nothing. I thought it might be my browser, so I tried it on my linux machine and it did the same.

Thinking, I have one of those bear minimum chat boxes (entername/enter chat) in one of the forum descriptions. Could that be causing it? I'll try removing it and see.
rachelpoo

Post by rachelpoo »

That was it! Sorry for wasting your time!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”