[ABD] Bot Indexing MOD v1.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
addit

[ABD] Bot Indexing MOD v1.1.1

Post by addit »

Bot Indexing MOD v1.1.1

Hello all, I wrote this mod sometime ago but have been to lazy to release it offically or anything. Most thanks should really be gone to phpBB2.2 and its dev team as this is a vain attempt to recreate whats coming. I'm sure most of you will notice the similarities :D This is basically a spruced up SID removal mod with more powerful bot detection and logging.

To clarify, this mod allows your site to be indexed by removing SIDs, however it does not by default optimise your site to be indexed. It does however log bot visits and allow you to create custom made styles for certain bots.

Features:
  • - A brand spanking new admin page! - "Manage Bots"
    - A schweet installation script if I do say so myself.
    - Bots can index your forums as SIDs are removed.
    - Bots time of last visit are recorded.
    - Bots are detected by both user agent and user ip. This limits the possibility of users masquerading around as the googlebot having there SIDs removed.
    - Users/bots that match some of the criteria but not all are pulled into a pending bots section where you can decide their fate next time they show up - do you want them to be classed as a bot?
    - A list is retained of the past five times each bot has visited your site.
    - Multiple language support. However as of yet no one has chosen to utilize this (write language packs).
    - A record of how many times each bot has visted your forums.
    - A record of how many pages each bot looked at last time they visted your site. With this, an estimated percentage of how much of your forums they looked at!
    - Bots are counted as visitors and appear in "whos online" lists etc.
    - The ability to show different bots different templates/styles of your site.
Known Bugs:
  • - Adding your own details as a bot will consquently lock you out from the admin panel.
    - Two bots can be given the same bot name.
    - (not really a bug) common user agents pull too mant IP's into pending bots.

If find a bug feel free to PM me or post in this thread.
Future Enhancements:
  • - Change the site IP's are hyperlinked too.
    - Add prevention for common user agents pulling too many questionable IP's into pending bots.
    - Reoptimise sql queries. I think I can cut a few out and reorganise the way a few things are done.

If you have a new feature request feel free to PM me or post in this thread.
ADMIN SCREENSHOT (when bots visit your site!)

DOWNLOAD NOW!!! (right click, save target as)

Enjoy,

Adam
Last edited by addit on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 16 times in total.
»»EDDY««

Post by »»EDDY«« »

Doesn't work. Parse error in function.php, line:

Code: Select all

foreach (explode('|', $row['bot_agent']) as $bot_agent)
Make a Tiny URL in excellent domain heh.pl

cooling system & water cooling
addit

Fixed!!!

Post by addit »

Thanks Eddy, fixed now. :oops: It was one of those annoying php typos. Redownload all the files again and it should work! 8) Tell me what you think.

Adam
»»EDDY««

Post by »»EDDY«« »

It work. :)
Make a Tiny URL in excellent domain heh.pl

cooling system & water cooling
addit

Schweet!

Post by addit »

Schweet :D Glad to hear it.

Hey come on now isn't anyone else going to beta test this?! I want feedback! Things I should improve etc.

Adam
Gankaz

Post by Gankaz »

Installed this mod!! :D

will let u know when i get a visitor from google hahahaha
Gankaz DaOgre

http://www.gankaz.com
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Id love to see a count of how many times a bot has visited and how many pages it looked at if thats possiable? Asside from that, its a great mod! Google had piles of guest sessions open to pages all over the forum - very very nice :D
Shoshan.net

Post by Shoshan.net »

Nice!
It seems to be working fine.
Thnx! :idea:
No siggie....
addit

Nice... =)

Post by addit »

It's good to see so many happy people :lol: hehehe. Wait a month tops and search google for your forums. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised! :twisted: I'm in the process of writing the next version - added features will include:

-A few minor bug fixes here and there.
-Multiple language support.
-Log of last 5 times each bot has visited your site.

Especially for xmulder:
-a count of how many times a bot has visited your site.
-a count of how many pages each bot has last looked at. This will also be in a percentage format.

Screenshot of latest Work in Progress!

It's still not to late for requests guys :wink: Also I need more beta tester!!! Come on! I need to make sure that this actually works - so far I only have my site as evidence!

Adam
xmulder

Re: Nice... =)

Post by xmulder »

addit wrote: It's good to see so many happy people :lol: hehehe. Wait a month tops and search google for your forums. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised! :twisted: I'm in the process of writing the next version - added features will include:

-A few minor bug fixes here and there.
-Multiple language support.
-Log of last 5 times each bot has visited your site.

Especially for xmulder:
-a count of how many times a bot has visited your site.
-a count of how many pages each bot has last looked at. This will also be in a percentage format.

Screenshot of latest Work in Progress!

It's still not to late for requests guys :wink: Also I need more beta tester!!! Come on! I need to make sure that this actually works - so far I only have my site as evidence!

Adam

im so impressed with this mod, if theres anything i can do to help - ill try my best ;)

And thanks very very much for adding those extra counts in - would be very interesting to see how many pages have been spidered :D
Gankaz

Post by Gankaz »

i got this mod on me forum!! tis working fine!! heheheh awsome mod!!
Gankaz DaOgre

http://www.gankaz.com
addit

The new version is out!!!!

Post by addit »

Hello again, just released the new version! But as always there might be a few typos etc. that I have yet to kink out. But please TEST AWAY!!! I need as many beta testers as I can get :lol: You can download it from the link in the first post. If you find any bugs or have any features you would like me to add please say here. Also your praise is always welcomed :wink:.

Enjoy!!!
Last edited by addit on Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iloserman

Post by iloserman »

Im installing this now,

Something you might want to do for this, but seeing how lazy you were to keep this from us *shakes fist* :wink: , im not sure you want to do it.

MOD-Template

and

Author Syntax

Just a thought,

ILM

BTW: I'll let ya know how the install goes, but looks good so far, keep up the good work! 8)

*EDIT*

I guess it worked, no errors, ACP is up, besides looking at the ACP is there anyother way ill know one visited, or is visiting?

*EDIT*
addit

afriad not =(

Post by addit »

Nope, the only way as of yet is looking in the acp. Unless... You would like me to get it to send you an email hehehe :lol: . From my knowledge it shouldn't take to long, google visits about once a day if not more. Btw, I'm thinking of writing up my mod in "correct" mod syntax mainly so easy-mod can do the install ;).

In a few weeks all of you should search google for your site and see how much of your forums are indexed! And as always, I need more beta testers!!! Oh yeh and tell me any features I can add :D

Adam
addit

Slight bug found...

Post by addit »

iloserman, since I think your the only one who has d/led the new version since I fixed the bug, do this:

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
includes/functions.php

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------

if ($last_visits[0] == '') $last_visits[0] = 0;

// if half an hour has passed since last visit
			if (($today - $last_visits[0]) > 1800)
			{
				for ($i = ((4 > sizeof($last_visits)) ? sizeof($last_visits) : 4); $i >= 0; $i--)
				{
					if ($last_visits[$i] != 0) $last_visits[$i] = $last_visits[$i-1];
				}

#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------

// if half an hour has passed since last visit
			if (($today - (($last_visits[0] == '') ? 0 : $last_visits[0])) > 1800)
			{
				for ($i = ((4 > sizeof($last_visits)) ? sizeof($last_visits) : 4); $i >= 0; $i--)
				{
					if ($last_visits[$i-1] != '') $last_visits[$i] = $last_visits[$i-1];
				}

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# EoM
For everyone else, forget about this minor MOD as this was fixed VERY quickly. Anyone who downlaoded the new version after this post has this bug already fixed and hence forth making this MOD pointless.

Thank you for your patience :wink: ,

Adam
Last edited by addit on Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”