[2.0.10] Disable Email

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
56%
Very Good
7%
Good
12%
Fair
7%
Poor
19%

Total votes: 43

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.10] Disable Email

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Disable Email
Author: Graham
MOD Description: This MOD provides an option in the forum configuration settings to turn the email functions on or off. If turned off, the forum will not attempt to send any emails.

MOD Version: 1.0.0

Download File: Disable_Email_1.0.0.mod
mods overview page: View
File Size: 12404 Bytes

Security Score:
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD provides an option in the forum configuration settings to turn the email functions on or off. If turned off, the forum will not attempt to send any emails.
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf »

Oh pretty cool but i won't use it but maybe only someone that does not like the mail function or something like that ;)
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

what about registration, if admin sets it to user what happens?
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

If you set registration to user and then disable emails, the registrations will get set back to no activation (since you can't have user activation with no emails). The MOD isprimarily designed for those who are unable to use mail() or SMTP and want to get rid of the error messages about emails.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
Cheetah_AA

Post by Cheetah_AA »

Nice work mate...going to install it and try it out :)
Greener

Post by Greener »

I'm having trouble with this mod. when I try to download it it just opens it like a text file in both firefox and IE. I just saved it as a mod and tried to install it using EasyMod installer, it only recognizes it as a text file, says its not EM certified. It recognizes it as a text file but couldn't find one of the finds in the file, so it just stops there.

I guess i could just edit the files myself by opening them up the hard way, just thought it would be nice to do it in EasyMod. Can you make it EasyMod compliant?

Also if it doesn't find something to add after or replace how do i proceed?
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

It should be EM compliant, because I think that I tested it with that and so did the MOD Team.

If you can tell me the problem (ie what it can't find) I might be able to help a bit more.

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
Greener

Post by Greener »

Graham wrote: It should be EM compliant, because I think that I tested it with that and so did the MOD Team.

If you can tell me the problem (ie what it can't find) I might be able to help a bit more.

It couldn't find something in the first file it opens, and so it stopped there. I think it was this:

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
"BOARD_EMAIL_FORM_ENABLE" => $board_email_form_yes,
"BOARD_EMAIL_FORM_DISABLE" => $board_email_form_no,

#
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Are those > 's in the file you downloaded? They should be >

Greener

Post by Greener »

no the &gt isn't in my admin_board.php.

Also Easy Mod doesn't do sql does it? The first thing in the mod is sql. I didn't get an error with that part though. I'll try and change my admin_board.php and run easymod and see if that works.

edit: i tried changing changing it to what it is trying to find, but I get this error when I try to go to the admin panel on the left panel:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /home/washingt/public_html/phpbb/admin/admin_board.php on line 182

Should I just change the files myself and upload all of them instead of trying to change this file so easy mod will work
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

You could do it by hand.

It should be looking for => and not => if you are seeing the later in the .mod file you downloaded then that is the problem.

MOOGUK

Post by MOOGUK »

hi,

I have a question about this mod...

Will this mod let me disable the email function (to stop errors as my host doesn't allow email) and still allow me to manually activate users that join my board?

Or, if not...

Is there a way to mod the error message screen that comes up after regestration to my board?

Hope someone can help :)

MOOGUK 8)
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

This will disable the email, but in doing this it will disable account activation (since it can't mail you the link and there is no easy way to list the inactive users without another MOD).

You could remove the line which turns off the account activation, but then you'd have to find a way to work out which needed activating.

MOOGUK

Post by MOOGUK »

Thank you for the info.
I may have to re-think what I was trying to do :)

Onward in my search for the perfect mods :D

MOOGUK 8)

P.S. if someone know of an approved mod to show and activate inactive accounts from the ACP, that would be sweet ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”