[RC6]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

[RC6]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.1

Post by Ptirhiik »

Here is the new release of Categories Hierarchy :
  • Change between 2.1.0 & 2.1.1

Functionalities :
  • administration index will now check for the latest version of the mods,
  • add a warning when a new reply has been made while you were editing/create a new reply to the topic,
  • add the ability to create topic title tags, with images or not,
  • topics moved gets their own topic folder icon, copied from the moderation button on viewtopic (templates/subSilver/images/topic_move.gif),
  • topic icons permissions are now based on a forum auth rather than a user level, allowing so to create specific auth for some (ie for groups),
  • re-add the unmark topic at bottom of viewtopic (is already at top) when keep unread functionality is activated,
  • fix the date type fields issue appearing with topic calendar CH edition,
  • calendar icon changed,
  • the install process now supports postgresql ( tested on v8 ), several scripts upgraded to enhance the compliancy with other databases than mySQL,
  • guests if authorized will be able to edit only the messages posted with the same ip than the one they are using, no more all guests posts,
  • "0 posts/topics + no topics" are no more displayed on index when the user can view but not read the forum,
  • add the navigation box in returned messages,
  • add the pagination to topic review area,
  • DST/UTC handling at user level,

More technical changes :
  • topics_box has been splitted :
    • topics_row_box.tpl now contains what were between the topicrow begin/end switches,
    • topics_bottom_*.tpl contain the footer of the topic lists,
    • The width cells has been reviewed merly following the reddog's suggestion
  • in_admin/in_admin_ELSE switches are now always available from main scripts (sat by the page_header(s)),
  • add the <!-- INCLUDE xxx.tpl --> feature to the templates parser,
  • add the topicrow.light switch in viewtopic_body.tpl : this prevents to have to define row1/row2 in the internal CSS
  • change the way the data caches files are encoded,
  • all parent forum auths of the forum manager groups are now reported to the new forum when creating one,
  • enhance the pics & classes handling in templates,
  • add a templates/your_template/your_template.ini read to handle commands specific to a template (ie tpl var assignation)
:arrow: Download page (go to bottom)
:arrow: Mirror

Fix to apply :
o Security fix to apply : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 39#1815939

Last update: 2005/10/18 @ 22h00 GMT
Last edited by Ptirhiik on Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:26 pm, edited 14 times in total.
DKing

Post by DKing »

Looks awesome!

Nice MOD!
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

I have translated the version 2.1.0. What are the difference between the language from 2.1.0 and this version?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You will find the language changelog in the changelog pack at the download page :)
danb00

Post by danb00 »

is it important to upgrade or not?
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
DKing

Post by DKing »

I have encountered an error after file modifaction/upload on a vanilla 2.0.13.

here it is (for install_cat/install.php):
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dking/public_html/install_cat/install.php on line 29

here it is (for index.php)
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dking/public_html/index.php on line 27

Any suggestions?

P.S. I installed it with EasyMod after I did everything in the author's notes like it said to in the description.
Last edited by DKing on Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-DKing
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Yes it is : there are no security issues found (except a minor one in the phpBB core code which is fixed with CH), but this new version will be required for any support or additional mods.
DKing

Post by DKing »

DKing wrote: I have encountered an error after file modifaction/upload on a vanilla 2.0.13.

here it is (for install_cat/install.php):
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dking/public_html/install_cat/install.php on line 29

here it is (for index.php)
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dking/public_html/index.php on line 27

Any suggestions?

P.S. I installed it with EasyMod after I did everything in the author's notes like it said to in the description.

Ahem?
I see that that is being caused by $config->url(.... I made it $phpbb_root_path . 'whatever.'.$phpEx... but it found errors later on in both pages. What have/haven't I done?
-DKing
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> DKing : you must have a phpBB 2.0.13 fully running and correctly configured : here you probably didn't set the directories and/or cookies info as they should be in general configuration.
DKing

Post by DKing »

It was working exactly as it should before; I could view forums, topics, index, everything in the ACP worked fine... but since it was just a clean install, I'll re-upload all the files (not config.php, of course :P), and then I'll try to edit them again...

I'll report back when I'm done...

-DKing
-DKing
DKing

Post by DKing »

Alright... I re-uploaded the regular non-edited files, and here are my config settings: (I have the forum in my public_html folder!)

General Stuff
Domain: www.phpbb-mods.s1e.info
Server Port: 80
Script Path: /
Site Name: phpBB-Mods
Site Description: <blank>
Cookie Stuff
Cookie Domain: www.phpbb-mods.s1e.info
Cookie Name: phpbb2mysql
Cookie path: /

Nothing else seems to be what might make it wrong... is there anything wrong with the above info?
-DKing
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Something sounds wrong to me, between the domain and the script path, due to the www/s1e/ : I would expect the domain to be www.phpbb-mods.info, and the script path /se1/. I may be wrong though.
danb00

Post by danb00 »

well i would upgrade but i dont like the ACP layout :( the way permisisons are displayed and done, it goes right over my head! why did you have to change that? as the old way worked...... this just confuses me
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> danB00 : oh you were talking about the CH 2.0.x versions ? Actually yes, it is importat to upgrade, as the latest versions of php/mysql drives your board to a blank page if you are running an old version, and the new version is also damn quicker than the oldest :).

What I advice you is to build a test environnement (possible offline with products like easyphp.org or wampserver.com), and to get the hand on this new acp and new features : you will quickly see that it is actually simpler than the regular phpBB way when "you've got it" : only one place to set the auth on a forum, not 2 or three. The idea is : you create the forums, then you give a group (registered group for all users, guest group for guest, specific groups for specific access) the auths on them.
mosc

Post by mosc »

Hi, thanks for this great work you are doing.

I'm upgrading a very heavily moded forum from CH 2.0.4 with about 72 forums and sub forums. I'm using a development copy of the forum and the database.

I installed a new PHPBB 2.0.13
I deleted all the files and directories as instructed and uploaded the new CH 2.1.1.
I'm using a copy of my production database.

The update program seems to have run well with no errors.

Things seem to be working well, but the forum hierarchy is missing. I have a flat hierarchy. Do I have to go back and re-establish all of these using the admin tool?

What I mean by flat hierarch is that all of the forums show up in the index. None are sub-forums. To illustrate, here is my production forum:

http://electro-music.com/forum

and here is the CH 2.1.1 development forum based on the same database (an older version though).

http://dev2.electro-music.com/forum

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”