[ABD] Democracy MOD 0.2.1 (reputation + warnings + reports)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Carbofos

[ABD] Democracy MOD 0.2.1 (reputation + warnings + reports)

Post by Carbofos »

About
The two main features of a MOD are "reputation points" (given by users to other users) and "warnings" (given by moderators or admins to users). Here's some details:

More details on reputation system:
- Users can add or remove 1 point of someone's reputation at a time.
- There's also an option to have only positive reputation votes.
- When a user wants to change someone's reputation, he/she must (or not, depending on settings) refer to a post and post a short comment (review) on it so everyone can see his/her reasons (to prevent the misuse of reputation system, also, depending on settings).
- A user can refer to the same post only once.
- Users may edit their review (ability controlled in ACP)
- Moderators or administrators may delete a review (and a reputation change) if they find it untrue (ability controlled in ACP)

More details on warnings system:
- Moderators and administrators may give warnings to users that violate the forum rules. A reason of the warning must be included.
- The warning may but doesn't have to refer to a post since the post that was a reason of warning might be deleted (for this reason phpBB function 'delete_post()' was modified to delete references from the reviews as well) or even "non-post" warnings (depending on settings)
- The warning has an expire date set either by moderator or used the default one (controlled in ACP)
- Once a user gets certain amount of warnings (controlled in ACP) he/she's banned from the forum (for some time or forever, depending on settings)
- Moderators can ban user without issuing warnings (ability controlled in ACP)
- Users can notify moderators about post which they think violate forum rules

To have a better idea of what it all can do, take a look at the admin panel screenshot here

Download the latest version here!
The package included updates 0.1.0 -> 0.1.1, 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2, 0.1.2 -> 0.1.3, 0.1.3 -> 0.1.4, 0.1.4 -> 0.2.0 and 0.2.0 -> 0.2.1.

Important: After the install check your cache folder and make sure it has all nesessary permissions for script to write into. If you don't have it then create it. Democracy MOD uses it to store some not-too-often modified data that would be otherwise queried from the database.

Important: If you update from version 0.1.4, don't forget to use the maintenance button in the Democracy page of ACP in order to update your Democracy related db entries.

If you use board style with a dark background, try these thumbs pictures, they should look better (thanks to Psi-Ops)

Addon by danb00: Popup for moderators when some posts are reported. Read more here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 46#2228946

Notice: If you are using MOD "HIDE" (aka lockdown) please read here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 92#2181292
or here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 18#2316618 (imho this is more convenient)

Notice: Some common recommendations for EasyMOD users here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 70#2575570
Last edited by Carbofos on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 34 times in total.
DKing

Post by DKing »

First off, I would like to inform you that this is a very good looking mod.

I would like to know if users can give reputation to themselves. Also, can someone just post give +1 and make the comment say "Because I feel like it!" or something.

And about the warning system. Did you say that the posts are deleted if they are used to warn the user? Can you make it just be totally edited to say "[edited by <username>; warning +1]".

I also was wondering what would be the point of Anarchy mode? Why install the mod and then not use it?

-DKing
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search
kukacomone

Post by kukacomone »

Cool. 8) I cry its not in the final status NOW. :)
But i wait for it. :roll: :lol:
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Yeah sounds like awsome mod.

DKing that would be dumb if you could give rep to yourself
DKing

Post by DKing »

*=Matt=* wrote: DKing that would be dumb if you could give rep to yourself

Did I phrase my question wrong? I guess so. It should have been "Make sure users aren't able to give rep to themselves!".

-DKing
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search
Carbofos

Post by Carbofos »

DKing wrote: I would like to know if users can give reputation to themselves.

No, that would lead to a misuse.
DKing wrote: Can someone just post give +1 and make the comment say "Because I feel like it!" or something

Yes, it's only up to users to place their comments. But moderator should watch them time after time to prevent some senseless posts commented as "cool" ov vice versa.
DKing wrote: Did you say that the posts are deleted if they are used to warn the user?

The moredator may choose to delete post at the same time. Otherwise his warning will be referred to that post.
DKing wrote: I also was wondering what would be the point of Anarchy mode?

I decided to put this in for the case the MOD needed to be disabled for some reason, and to make things complete, too :)
vrflyer

Post by vrflyer »

So no BETA for this yet ? :P
Always Under Construction !
Carbofos

Post by Carbofos »

Sorry :roll:
The work is slowed down for now, because I'm having a rather important school test to deal with :)
I hope to release some working code later this week. But that will be probably just alpha - with no ACP (ACP and beta next week I hope :D )
Carbofos

Post by Carbofos »

Ok, for those who want to take a look on how the MOD will look like, here is a link.

Please note, that this is a version in development - not even alpha!
Do not install this version on working boards!
The best option would be to install a new copy of phpBB on LAN and to copy over these files.
Features that are "visible" but not functional in this version: delete review, view reviewer's ip, ban (red card), notify moderator.
I hope I didn't forget anything when packing these files :)
Any comments are welcome!
Last edited by Carbofos on Thu May 19, 2005 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

I do agree with DKing, this MOD looks awsome!
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded
Carbofos

Post by Carbofos »

I'm glad to inform that I've got a new online testing board for this MOD: http://non.czechian.net/forum/. You can see the current development status here, so you don't have to install a development version!
2Quick2Kick

Post by 2Quick2Kick »

took too long for board to load.... sounds good though
phpBB Discussion Junkie
My Mods: 2Quick's Remote Avatar Size Restrictor - Development Halted for Personal Reasons
[ Casting Crowns ] - [ Xbox America ]
Carbofos

Post by Carbofos »

2Quick2Kick wrote: took too long for board to load.... sounds good though

That's weird... It works quite fast for me :?
Nux

Post by Nux »

Hm... I agree this looks cool :D.

But I have a suggestion: Let's say there is a users that have bad reputation and he nastily :twisted: ;) gives someone else a bad reputation - should this vote count the same? I think not. Maybe it should be more like a balanced vote. I.e. added value could be like:
  • [(voter rep.)-(choosen rep.)]/(voter rep.)
    voter rep. - the reputation of the one that votes
    choosen rep. - the reputation of the user to change
Of course reputation should be in float then but I belive it wouldn't be such a problem. Besides tha aaded value could be multiplied by... say... 10 and then rounded and added as normal integer.

What do you think about it?

And one more thing - why can't I edit my own review?

I've also come up with an idea how to name the third category: "hip-hopity" :lol:.

Respect :D.
My page: DOM, Javascript, SQL - tips&scripts (mostly in Polish, sorry ;))
Nux

Post by Nux »

One more...

When I'm on the page of reviews it would be nice if there would be a link to give a review (if I haven't done it already).
My page: DOM, Javascript, SQL - tips&scripts (mostly in Polish, sorry ;))

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”