[ALPHA] phpBB/Mantis Integration 0.9.0 - Bugtracker

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
poyntesm

[ALPHA] phpBB/Mantis Integration 0.9.0 - Bugtracker

Post by poyntesm »

MOD Title: phpBB/Mantis Integration
MOD Description: Make phpBB & Mantis share a single user database and registration/login process.
MOD Version: 0.9.0

MOD Download: http://www.phpbbgarage.com/mantis-0.9.0.zip
Last Stable version:

Demo Board: http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/bugs/index.php
Demo Username: N/A
Demo Password: N/A

All,

I am planning on integrating phpBB & Mantis. Below are my current plans.

[-] Shared user table
[-] Shared registration/login process

Please post any suggestions you have. I am only in the planning stages of this at the moment. Although work will begin very shortly on the start of it.

(Mantis is an excellent open source bug tracking tool.)
Last edited by poyntesm on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Small update.

Mantis is now using the phpBB user table. On registration all extra info required by Mantis is recorded.

The session/DBAL/template systems are now fully available to Mantis. I am in the middle of moving all DB querys across to the DBAL. Once this is complete I will move the auth/session stuff across to phpBB code and then the impliment the template stuff.

This is going to take a while...but in the end I think I will end up with a fairly good phpBB tracking system. In truth it is just the Mantis one but ported where possible to use phpBB code.
NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane »

I'm looking forward to test this mod. It would be very useful for me (and others, too).

If you need a beta tester, contact me.
Greets
Kane
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi,

The DBAL work is now 100% complete. Every query now uses the $db object to access the DB. I am just starting to move the login/session code over. Once I get that complete I will make a download available. Basically it will be the complete Mantis package just ported to use phpBB functions where it makes sense.
-jm-
Former Team Member

Post by -jm- »

What Mantis developement line are you using for this integration?
0.19.x or 1.0 RC x?
-jm- (a.k.a. juanm) - *NO* private support
Hacked?
With so many beautiful colors in the world it’s a shame to make everything black and white - Dennis R. Little
my links: tips&stuff :: stuff only
-jm-
Former Team Member

Post by -jm- »

- dupe post :evil: -
-jm- (a.k.a. juanm) - *NO* private support
Hacked?
With so many beautiful colors in the world it’s a shame to make everything black and white - Dennis R. Little
my links: tips&stuff :: stuff only
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

-jm- wrote: What Mantis developement line are you using for this integration?
0.19.x or 1.0 RC x?

RC5...

I will update to 1.0 once it is out. I am just working through the sessions stuff. Then it will be ready. The language stuff is now complete
kavod

Post by kavod »

Any news about this project ?

I am very interesting !
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Well...I have it working to some degree. Just need to spend some more time on it!! It is something I am doing bit by bit when I get time...it is not my No.1 priority...but I will try see it through.

Even though I converted the DBAL across I am having some small issues with some queries. I can create/delete/update bugs plus manage the project. Just some of the smaller stuff gives errors.

I will try get some code available to download in the next week.
cussuol

Post by cussuol »

Nice
Ask for help if you need.
Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja »

I'd just posted elsewhere asking of the phpBB Bug Tracker system was available as a mod, and found another thread that led me here - I'm very glad you're working on this! I've been looking at a few bug track packages, and Mantis is is the one I'd probably be going with.

Since I already have phpBB support forums on one of my sites, this mod's ability to integrate the user databases and such is very ideal for me.

I'll be watching for updates here - when the code is made available, I'm happy to test, report issues, and help in any way I can!

Thanks again for your time and efforts...
Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja »

Not that I'm an impatient bastard or anything, but... How's it coming? :-)

Out of curiosity, is this something you plan to have integrated into the phpBB forums, sharing headers and style - or just sharing the user database but otherwise still being separate?

Again, I'm eager to help out on this, as I'd very much like to use it myself! I've managed to to quite a bit of PHP editing, tweaking, and bug tracking over the last month or so, and while I'm no PHP expert, I think I can help out at least a LITTLE :-)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

To be honest not done any work on it for a few weeks due to issue with my main MOD. I have headers and footers working from phpBB. So the template engine is there and working. It was the sessions stuff that really caused the headaches. I planned on having it totally integrated.

I should be working again on this very soon. I can make the code available to you..however you will need to be fairly good with php and phpBB and SQL. I have no installer or anything done yet. However having said that it does work pretty well where I have spent time on it...if only I had more time I would get it to a more releasable state.

So iI will try make some code available to you tomorrow.
Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm very good with SQL and a few other languages, though I'm picking up on phpBB and PHP in general pretty quickly. Intuition and experience with the other languages goes a long way!

Can't wait to see what you've got so far :-)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Small update...did some more work today on this and am getting much closer to having the session stuff cracked.

To see it in action you will need to signup @ http://forums.phpbbgarage.com

Then view the page...

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Once I get the session stuff cracked you will as guest be able to view..but Mantis and phpBB have differing ways of doing guest and I need more time to get them playing nice together.

I have also broken some other bits..viewing bugs today. Fingers crossed I will get that back ASAP. It was due to the session change I made.

EDIT: I have solved the view for the basic view..this fix might be needed in a few pages. Again due to the follow of Mantis you could end up calling include common.php twice so fixed with a include_once

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”