[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rizzn.

[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

Post by Rizzn. »

• || Download RC1 ||
    || Demo Site ||
    Name: test Pass: tester

Requirements
  • This MOD requires that you have the Cash MOD successfully installed and working on your site prior to installation of Store MOD.
  • It is suggested that any other shop/store MOD out there is not installed on your board and all traces removed.
    - Zarath's Shop MOD does not appear to conflict with the Store MOD in any way; however, there is still a chance that it might in some future version of either MOD.

Installation/Upgrade Steps
  • Install Cash MOD and create at least one currency.
  • Upload all wGEric Store MOD files.
  • Follow all steps in the current install.txt or upgrade.txt, or run easyMOD.
  • Open the Admin CP and click 'Configuration' under the Store MOD heading. This should automatically run all SQL updates needed to properly run the Store MOD. If you have a previous version of Store MOD already installed, this will update your previously existing tables without overwriting any information already entered. (If this doesn't work, the SQL queries can be found on our Support Site.

Current Features
    This is a non-exhaustive list of the features available in the wGEric Store MOD
    The version number before an addition shows the version in which the feature was added. This only includes version numbers starting with 0.1.3
    Most recent additions in bold.

ADMINISTRATION CONTROL PANEL
  • Admins can manage stores that are both user owned and board owned
    - Board owned stores can be automatically restocked
    - Admins may limit the maximum number of stores a single user can own
    - (0.2.3) Board owned stores have custom store owner names.
    - (0.2.3) Item stock amounts can be set to "infinite."
  • (0.2.0)Admins can create various "shopping districts" in which users create their stores.
    - (0.2.0) Added district and store images and ordering
    - (0.2.0) Added store list images, styles
    - (0.2.2) Admins can set a store creation price (via the ACP) that must be paid to create a store
  • (0.2.3) Admins can create various "categories" for organizing items by types.
  • Admins can create/edit/delete items and downloadable items
    - (0.2.0) Usable item popup size config options
    - (0.2.0) Various item, description, and image viewing options
    - (0.2.3) Item sorting added/improved to improve usability
    - (RC1) Added item amount limitation for inventories
  • (0.2.1) Items can be made to 'expire' after a preset period of time
    - (0.2.3) Each item can have it's own custom expiration message.
  • Admins can edit specific users' inventories and add/delete/edit certain items
  • Admins can change specific settings for Store MOD
    - (0.2.0) Added hour, minute, and second store restocking
    - (0.2.0) Added board-owned store name changing
  • Links are provided throughout the ACP in the form of [?] to explain more on confusing things.
    - If you find something that is confusing and doesn't have a link, post in this thread so it can be added in the next version.
  • Admins can choose which currencies can be used by User as their store currency, disabling as the Admin does not want to be used
  • (0.2.0) Admins can set permissions for stores and districts based on users and usergroups.
    - (0.2.2) Admins can limit the max number of stores in each district
    - (0.2.2) Admins can limit the max number of stores per user
  • (RC1) Full logging of admin actions in ACP

MAIN BOARD
  • Users and Admins can create their own stores in which to sell items from their inventory
    - Users can own as many stores as is permitted
    - Users choose the currency for their store from the list of enabled currencies set by the admin
  • Users can manage and delete their stores and items in their stores
    - Users can move items from their inventory to their store and back to their inventory
    - (0.1.3) Users choose the number of items when deleting items
  • (0.1.3) Users may purchase multiple items simultaneously from a single store
  • (RC1) Users may sell items back to Board Owned Stores
  • (0.1.3) PM sent to store owner when an item is sold
  • (0.1.3) Usable Items added. 0.1.3 package includes basic template and sample item.
  • (0.1.4) Compatibility with Category Hierarchies MOD
  • (0.2.0) Users can trade items and cash with other users.
    - (0.2.1) Trades with no items requested now labeled as 'gifts'
  • (0.2.0) Moderator / User inventory options added.
  • (0.2.0) Users can create items, if the Admin allows it.
  • (0.2.2) Added a Checkout Screen to show total costs including any taxes.
  • (0.2.3) Added item/store search feature, allowing users to search all open stores for the items they want to purchase
  • (RC1) Added ability for users to rate stores.

Known Bugs
  • No known bugs

Road Map (Based On Requests)
    Completed entries are removed from this list and a note of the feature added to the above features list.

Feel free to request additional features
For reference purposes:
geoffreak's work on the Store MOD.
wGEric's original Store MOD thread.
Last edited by Rizzn. on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:22 am, edited 17 times in total.
Cyprian.no-ip.org

Post by Cyprian.no-ip.org »

ok, i will see this new version, asap.
there is a UPDATER right, from the last version. but i guese that would be alot harder to write, considering differences wid the added mods n security update.
i guese i will uninstall the last store mod? n reinstall this one.
would that be the smartest desicion?
[its not like im using the items right now][or depending on them]
Anime, Talking, n getting money(virtually).
LOL. well have sometihng to say? visit then.
http://cyprian.no-ip.org/forum
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Yes, there is an automatic updater. It is contained inside admin_store.php, so all you should need to do is click on the configuration button.
Last edited by Prizem on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

For updating the files themselves, Just overwrite the old files with the new ones, unless you've made several custom mods that aren't listed in the old thread. The code changes are very extensive in many places.

To my knowledge, there are only two addons released that have not been included in this package, the One Way Item Exchange MOD by Buga and Prizem's Item Popup Resize. The popup resizing will be rewritten and included as a native function in a future release, and a better item trade/exchange feature is being written and included for a future release as well. However, if you do not want to wait for those functions in the future release, it would be far easier (and much, much less work for you) to install those two add-ons to the current release than it would be for you to try to update the last version of the Store MOD to the current one.
Cyprian.no-ip.org

well i was still waiting for one of u guys to assign me a task to work on , but better. i was reading throught the road map. n i saw access tickets.
it itself isnt actually that complicated. i made a custom mod that makes it so one of my pages required a gameTicket[an item of course].
so i would probably just have to make it MOD standard compliant and upload it, show it to u guys. il just have to read up on the way you do write a mod. since i havent really done that. either that or just have me show my work to you guys.
for now ideas i have are -:
1)inserting a check in the overall header which checks for the item depending on page location, which should be regisered by the page_session thing.[if im correct that is]
2)a panel in the ACP to customize which pages need an ticket and what item is the ticket for that specific page.

Other things: i believe item tracking woudntbe usefull. an ITEM COUNT, thats different. tracking would be alot of space and is not realy usefull. an item count to see how much of an item is currently in circulation would be a whole other thing.

an Award Item, [might be more an addon][ im planning to code this for my forum in the next few days]. the admin supplies an event or number and a coresponding field name, where an item is created and given to the user automatically reaching or triggering that event. i was going to make this to use for my Arcade/activities mod so users that get highscores receive a trophy item custom made with highscore name and game name.

comments about the award item and the access tickets, pointing out flaws or improvement are wanted.

-cyprian
Cyprian.no-ip.org

ok ran into some problem installing using the updater. i have version 11,
so im suppose to use 11-12. i used that and its looking for store-db.php,
this file is not included in the download u supplied. also i thought store-db.php wasnt needed anymore because there was an auto installer in the admin_store?
do want me to just delete that line from the installer/updater?
ALSO the updaters dont have EoM at the end. this is in the old store mod folder updaters also in the updaters located in v13. this is what i think is creating the instalation failed in EzMOd
Last edited by Cyprian.no-ip.org on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Just go ahead and use the 12-13 update file, or you can just copy all of the files in the current package over the old ones.
Cyprian.no-ip.org

another problem with installation, well all the files have been copied and before i did the sql update, of course i did a database back up.

more to the point, after update, it says success. ussually i would expect the lines which were proccesed but all the message was was the sucess.

Code: Select all

Store MOD SQL Installer is modifying your database.

Finshed
Database modification is now complete.
If you experience any problems with Store MOD, please visit the support topic at phpBB.com.
so when i click any of the links to access the admin panels of store mod, it keep going back to

General Error
Store MOD is about to update the database from versions 0.1.3 to 0.1.3.
Click HERE to upgrade. (Categories Hierarchy users)
even thou its updated. it does that to all the links for store mod in the acp.
Cyprian.no-ip.org

Rizzn. wrote: Just go ahead and use the 12-13 update file, or you can just copy all of the files in the current package over the old ones.

the 12-13 update file, is also missing an END OF MOD line. [just saying]

EDIT: i guese i will have to restore backups until u guys see wuts wrong with admin_store installer/config

EDIT2: ive read the installer inside the admin_store
for some reason it NULLs all the $versions. which would explain why no sql queries are executed. i would edit the installed to force an sql update, but id rather not skrew up my database(3hourse has past since the store update, n if i restore the db, all the posts within the 3hours will be gone).

EDIT3:
ok, well i did wut i said i wud do in that last edit.
i forced the admin_store to UPDATE by commenting out the SQL queries for the other versions. and yes this did work.

i dont kno if this would help but i did a debug echo to output v2install and it showed 013-013. from what i read, why is it doubled? i dnt kno if that will be anyhelp or explain what was wrong.

AND YES all files were replaced. the original problem? it shudnt be important anymore unless someone else has the same problem.
i think its in the loop that NULLEd the versions that were not needed. or not.

sorri for double posting. i didnt mean to. me newb. lol.
Last edited by Cyprian.no-ip.org on Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

First of all, try editing your posts instead of constantly double posting. Double posting isn't going to get your problems addressed any sooner.

I fixed the missing EoM line in the update to v13 file. The other udate files were written by geoffreak, and we aren't updating them. The changes have become far too numerous. As I said before, it would be easier for you to upload the new files and reinstall the only two available add-ons.

I've tried installing from scratch and upgrading from every release of Store MOD, including the old 0.0.5 version. I've experienced absolutely no problems with the automatic SQL installer/updater. All I can suggest it that you redownload the Store MOD and try again. If that doesn't work, I can try taking a look at your site to see what the problem might be.

Edit: Did you replace ALL previous files with the current files?
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

The automatic installer has been updated, accounting for all versions and some inconsistency.

Also, versions are only nulled below 0.0.5. All versions 0.0.5 and above are correctly associated with a version number.
Last edited by Prizem on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

If you're using a version older than 0.0.5, then you're probably going to need to reinstall from scratch and manually recreate all of your items. If you have to do that, I'd suggest backing up the database entries for the store and then restoring everything by hand. True, that's going to be quite a bit of work, but it might be necessary for versions prior to 0.0.5.
Cyprian.no-ip.org

for the sampletemplate mand lotto scratch card, u can add this line to check if an img exists for the image, if not display a dummy image.

open->

SampleTemplate.php

find ->

$owner_id = $row['inventory_user'];

after add ->

$item_image=($item_image == '' || !isset($item_image) )?$phpbb_root_path . "/forum/images/spacer.gif":$item_image;
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Thank you.

We've already got a similar fix in place for that problem that will be included in the next release of Store MOD.
foxxy_fae

Post by foxxy_fae »

Store MOD SQL Installer is modifying your database.
A critical error has occured.
Categories Hierarchy is not installed.
Nothing has been done to the database.
Please choose a non Categories Hierarchy option next time.
Error
Database modification halted

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

^ i get this when trying to install via admin panel. whether i click on HERE or (Categories Hierarchy users). my categories heiarchy is very much installed so err...

using phpbb: 2.0.19 and CatHeiarchy 2.1.4. is there any way to just get the old sql updater file and use that? or just the code so we can update our own databases manually?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”