Pseudo WYSIWYG BBcode Editor

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
58%
Very Good
21%
Good
17%
Fair
4%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 24

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Pseudo WYSIWYG BBcode Editor

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Pseudo WYSIWYG BBcode Editor
Author: Templater
MOD Description: This mod improves and enhances the posting body page so it makes it to look like a WYSIWYG (but actually it is not). Plus, this mod adds new BBcodes for a better text formatting of your posts.

MOD Version: 1.7.1 (Updated 08/22/06)
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.21

Download File: pseudo_wysiwyg_bbcode_editor_1.7.1.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 32035 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Adds a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) text editor to the posting form which will generate properly format BBCode once the post is posted. Also adds a few new formatting BBCodes.
amitpatel_3001

Post by amitpatel_3001 »

Does anyone here have a Demo working of this MOD?
Iam interested in this one but dont want to risk my forum :lol:
Templater

Post by Templater »

I have not a demo board but i got a screenshot. I hope it can be useful for you. :)

Screenshot: Watch it!
Last edited by Templater on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOD::Pseudo WYSIWIG BBcode Editor.
Latest stable Version: 1.8.8b -> Screenshot: Pseudo WYSIWYG -> Download: Pesudo WYSIWYG 1.8.8b
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

can i still use the add more bbcodes and stuff to this mod? wih the multi bbcode as well
yellashaker

Post by yellashaker »

I haven't done ANYTHING with BBCode on my forum yet.... I've pretty much put all the mods my users want now..... so I think it's time to spruce this department up a bit..... this sounds like a good idea.... I'll be watching this topic....
Templater

Post by Templater »

deejaybet wrote: can i still use the add more bbcodes and stuff to this mod? wih the multi bbcode as well
This MOD doesn't require to install the MultiBBcode MOD. I don't know about the other MOD Add more bbcodes never hear of it before.

yellashaker wrote: I haven't done ANYTHING with BBCode on my forum yet.... I've pretty much put all the mods my users want now..... so I think it's time to spruce this department up a bit..... this sounds like a good idea.... I'll be watching this topic....
Then this is the best option so far you can count with regarding BBcodes. ;)
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

sorry.. what i meant was can i add other bbcodes and bbcode enchanements to this mod
Templater

Post by Templater »

@deejaybet: That feature is still not avalaible in this current version, however i'm planing to add a control panel (in the ACP) where Admins can add or remove more BBcodes, in further realeses.

currently, this are the new BBcodes added by this mod, which are installed and ready to use by default.

Alginmente BBcode Suite:
  • Left alignment BBcode
    Center alingment BBcode
    Right alignment BBcode, and
    Justify alignment BBcode.
Image Block:
  • Wrapping text around an image to the right and left.
IMO, this are the most basic BBcodes but if you need more BBcodes to be added or you already are using other BBcodes not listed here, then post a list of all them so i can see if any of them have the popularity enough for give them a priority in the list for the future version of PWBE. ;)
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

how about the enchancement that when some buttons are clicked on then a pop up screen appears like vbulletin?

and of course all the other popular mods :) lol
Templater

Post by Templater »

What other "popular" mods? :roll: LOL :lol:

Anyway. I'll update this MOD today so maybe it will be ready for download tomorrow. :)
coruscant

Post by coruscant »

Sound like a good MOD, but I won't get it as it does not support extra BBcodes
yellashaker

Post by yellashaker »

Adding BBCode through the ACP will be good. What you could do is just put that part in the next version with the same BBCodes installed. That way people can add in their own BBCodes as they see fit. Fully customizable :D
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

ive run into trouble with this mod..

it says find:

Code: Select all

bbtags = new Array('[b]','[/b]','[i]','[/i]','[u]','[/u]','[quote]','[/quote]','[code]','
','
  • ','
','
  • ','
','[img]','[/img]','','');[/code]
but my template "avalache" is missing that coding piece..
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

oo my bad never mind lol i modified the page previously lol pop-up bbcode mod removed the coding

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”