[BETA] MOD Topic Moderation Status 1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
cotp

[BETA] MOD Topic Moderation Status 1.2

Post by cotp »

So here is 1.2 version of mod Topic Moderation Status (my first mod ;) )

Description: Shows on topics if it has been verified by a moderator and if it needs to be moderated, MOD only visible by administrators and moderators.

Explanation: On a forum you can sse the list of topics whith a light corresponding in front of each topics.
By default when a topic is created the light is orange Image. In the topic itself appears the color of the light corresponding to this topic.
When a moderator or an admin reads a topic, he can put it to green using the menu on the side at the bottom of the page.
Green Image will mean everything is fine and that the topic has been checked and moderated. He can also put it to red Image. This will mean that he wants to allert others moderors or admin on that topic. In the liste of forums, you have the possibility to show only topics marked green, orange, red.
The lights are also present in the search for your convenience and in the modcp for marking several topics at once.
When someone post an answer, the light will become orange Image again except if it is marked red Image.

History:
Original idea of the mod by Cotp: 30/06/2006
Version 1.0 of 06/30/2006 by Giga_Boss. The mod works on the list of forums and topics. A menu let you changethe color of the lights on each topic.
Version 1.1 of 07/01/2006 by Cotp. Adding lights in search, adding back to orange light after an answer except if the topic is marked with a red light. Added possibility to sort lights by color in the forum list and the search.
Version 1.2 of 07/02/2006 by Cotp. Adding lights in modcp to change several topics at once.
Added an English version.

Installation: Easy
Time for installation: 20 minutes
Demo: No
:arrow: :arrow: Download: Mod Topic Moderation Status 1.2
So here it is. Each topic has a light with a "color". By default each topic has an orange light.

When a moderator reads a post, if he judges everything is fine, he can change the color to green. The aim is to help other moderators and admin in the re-reading, checking of posts.

When someone will post again on that topic the ligh will become orange again.

Now if a moderator feels that there is a problrm that needs a discussion with the administrator or want to highlight that topic he can put the topic to red. It will stay this color until an admin or moderator takes care of the problem and make it green again.

To simplify the task, lights are included in viewforum and the search page so you can see if a specif topic has or not benn moderated, you can even sort them and show only green red or orange posts.

You can also access and change several lights at once with the moderation console modcp.

Hope you like it

Cotp 8)
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon »

There are a couple of misuses of the phpBB DBAL:

Code: Select all

$sql = 'SELECT * FROM phpbb_topics WHERE topic_id = "' . $topic_id . '"';
Other than that it looks good, i haven't had a chance to try it though :)

Mark
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Still being developed?
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
cotp

Post by cotp »

bonelifer wrote: Still being developed?

Yes yes it is being developped. I have now succeded in making the post automitcally going to green if read by an admin or moderator.
But I am fixing a few bug before I realease the new version.

Thanks for your support :)

Cotp

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”