Picture Custom Title mod?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
carpetrug01

Picture Custom Title mod?

Post by carpetrug01 »

Hi,

Is there a mod just like the custom title one, but where you can add pictures?

Not like the rank pictures, i mean something just like the custom title mod except where you are allowed to put in HTML, therefore letting you have a little picture display under their avatar and stuff...

I want this for Forum contests and games, winners will get special little badges and stuff... so if someone wins a contest i add the badge to their account, and it shows up in the area where it shows post count, join date and stuff like that. .
hopefully also the users won't have access to changing their little pictures... only admins can to give them their badges..

Anyways, sorry if this mod is already made... i tried to search but didnt come up with anything.. So if there is no mod like this then im requesting it to be made :D

danopia
Name: Daniel Lamando

Re: Picture Custom Title mod?

Post by danopia »

All you hafta do is add columns to the users table, edit the templetes, insert a couple lines of PHP, and either edit an existed user profile for the ACP or create your own admin page. 8)

I'd offer, but I'm waiting on two other responses. Tomarrow, I could start one and upload my work so other could finish it. :D I could also help if you get stuck.

[ EDIT ]
OK, I just got out of programing because I just relized the code requires a non-stanard half-hour-download binary anyway to work. So, I will start work on this.
All I need is some info: :?: All you want to add is pictures? Do you want a seperate ACP page, or extra fields in the 'Special admin-only fields' section of User Admin? Do you want a special ACP page for changing the fields, or do you want them hard-coded? If hard-coded, what are the different fields? :?: Please answer!
carpetrug01

Post by carpetrug01 »

oh ok thank you :)

Okay, so this would be good if:

I could add pictures and some text, like with html. so i can position the pictures too.

Maybe the place where the admin is would be the admin part where you go when you go to modify someone's profile while on admin, so you can do it individually to each user. So i had in mind the Special admin-only fields section :)

But whatever is easier, i'd imagine that adding it to the profile admin would be easier, but if its not maybe if it had its own admin page, you just like search for the username, then it comes up, you click on it and then you get to the spot where you put in the html and text stuff.. then when its set, it shows up below the "rank" pictures.

I dont know what hard-coded means:?: lol sorry.. maybe which ever is nicer?

Can there also be an option where we can make the username of a person be an image instead of the normal text? So, i can use cool fonts all nicely photoshoped up for my admin username..and for other people who win contests? :D

Also, would it be too much troble to make a thing where you can add a 10px by 10px image right next to a person's username? Like EZboard, i dont know if you've ever been to one, but you can put a little 10px by 10px image next to your username, it shows up next to your username on the forum post, and on the main pages of the forums where it says who created the topic.. This seems hard to me though, maybe it would need to be a seperate request.

Im throwing a lot out.. lol sorry :D

Thanks again for helping me on this :)
danopia

Post by danopia »

I'm guesting you want these features:
1. Combination picture/text
2. Only editable by admin, and in the normal user edit page [ STARTED ]
3. Shows up beneath Rank image
4. User icon (maybe)

I have an adition:
5. Shows up on User Details page [ STARTED ]

The user icon could be a different mod, unless I get bored.
Can there also be an option where we can make the username of a person be an image instead of the normal text? So, i can use cool fonts all nicely photoshoped up for my admin username..and for other people who win contests? :D

You would need the GD libarary installed to draw images on your webserver, and this could create extra server load.
I dont know what hard-coded means:?: lol sorry.. maybe which ever is nicer?

Hard-coded means I code the different awards themselves into the PHP, which means you need to edit the PHP code the edit them.
'Soft-coded' (as I like to call it :)) means that all the awards that you can earn are stored in the database and an admin page allows changing of the awards, almost like the Ranks admin page.
Note: Each user can also have a special 'Comments' text box that stores any special awards.
Im throwing a lot out.. lol sorry :D

It's okay... school starts in a week and I need something to pass the time. :wink:
Thanks again for helping me on this :)

You're welcome.

[ UPDATE ]
I'm going with the 'soft-coded' version so everyone can use this mod without knowing PHP.
danopia

Post by danopia »

My current status:
View profile page: DONE
View thread page: NOT STARTED
Admin 'Edit user' page: BEGAN
Admin 'Edit Awards' page: NOT STARTED

Current screenshot:
Waiting for my Internet server to come online, someone hacked it recently. :x
danopia

Post by danopia »

I've posted this Awards Mod in thread 2394750.

Please go there for updates!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”