Search found 363 matches

by Ancient Viking
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 am
Forum: Custom BBCode Development and Requests
Topic: horizontal rule BBCode.
Replies: 2
Views: 668

horizontal rule BBCode.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/visible_anchor/ 🤔 I take Euss word for it and sorry for bringing up another custom BBCode that doesn't work as intended and that's the horizontal rule BBCode. I just tried the horizontal rule BBCode, described here , and I can't figure it to make it work. I...
by Ancient Viking
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:46 am
Forum: phpBB Ideas
Topic: Posting a Reply Issue - Making more Clear
Replies: 3
Views: 632

Re: Posting a Reply Issue - Making more Clear

Dan Stylez wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:09 pm
Xenforo has a little notification that pops up while you're typing, it's a handy little feature,
IPS has that too. While it's handy sometimes I can be a little annoying.
by Ancient Viking
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:57 pm
Forum: [3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion
Topic: Is There Another Way To Move the Profiles To the Left
Replies: 14
Views: 1189

Re: Is There Another Way To Move the Profiles To the Left

The updated files for the SideSwitcher extension are posted here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/profile_side_switcher/support/topic/221026 Artodia's styles use different classes so they require a seperate style folder which is also included in the above topic, I use the update for th...
by Ancient Viking
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:14 am
Forum: Custom BBCode Development and Requests
Topic: Anchor BBCode
Replies: 13
Views: 1171

Re: Starting a forum website

It is a bit ancient, I’d be inclined to ask the question in Custom BBCodes . Yeah, it is indeed ancient. :P https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/advanced_bbcode_box/support/topic/174711?p=549706#p549706 (doesn't exist in phpBB 3.1 or newer and requires a custom BBCode) https://www.phpbb.com...
by Ancient Viking
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:55 am
Forum: phpBB Ideas
Topic: A reminder to restore permission before doing anything else
Replies: 26
Views: 1227

Re: A reminder to restore permission before doing anything else

I'd agree about the test user account but is this something recent? If I'm testing a user permissions the only thing I'm aware of is the ACP link which gives you this when clicked: You currently have the permissions from userxyz. You are able to browse the board with this user’s permissions, but no...
by Ancient Viking
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:36 pm
Forum: Extension Requests
Topic: Viewing all visitors via "Who is online"
Replies: 4
Views: 336

Viewing all visitors via "Who is online"

Whenever I click on the "Who is online" link I always get a list of registered members without showing guests and/or bots. If want to view how many guests or bots there is online I need to click on the "Display guests" link and I find it a little annoying. I dunno why that hasn't change in phpBB and...
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:59 pm
Forum: phpBB Discussion
Topic: restore deleted user's post
Replies: 5
Views: 495

Re: restore deleted user's post

It is possible, provided that you have a backup that has the user's posts. restore from backup database? or restore from my board itself, i dnt see restore option in admin log Don't get confused by viewing the admin log, because the admin log only show what action(s) you as an admin have done. Noth...
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:29 pm
Forum: phpBB Discussion
Topic: restore deleted user's post
Replies: 5
Views: 495

Re: restore deleted user's post

It is possible, provided that you have a backup that has the user's posts.
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:02 pm
Forum: [3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion
Topic: Old fashion, but reliable, editing style files discussion
Replies: 11
Views: 678

Re: Old fashion, but reliable, editing style files discussion

Dan Stylez wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:41 pm
You can just turn it off in the ACP.

ACP --> Board Features --> Allow Quick Reply.

ACP --> Manage Forums --> Edit Forum --> Enable Quick Reply.
I know what you mean, but that was not what I meant and what I mean is to replace it with how ABBC3 looks like.
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:55 pm
Forum: phpBB Custom Coding
Topic: MCP button on every page.
Replies: 12
Views: 714

Re: MCP button on every page.

HiFiKabin wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:56 pm
Ancient Viking wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:01 pm
janus_zonstraal wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:34 pm
Normally you see it on every page where the navbar is.
Yes. I see the same thing.
as I said above the MCP link currently only appears on pages where you have moderator permissions. (eg go to FAQ)
If you mean the hammer icon at the bottom then yes you are correct.
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:21 pm
Forum: [3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion
Topic: Old fashion, but reliable, editing style files discussion
Replies: 11
Views: 678

Re: Old fashion, but reliable, editing style files discussion

There is one thing I want to do and I remember in phpBB 3.0 there was a KB article about it. That KB article was about editing a file or two and removing the Quick Reply post editor, which is what I want to do now. I find the current Quick Reply little annoying due for not having buttons e.g basic f...
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:01 pm
Forum: phpBB Custom Coding
Topic: MCP button on every page.
Replies: 12
Views: 714

Re: MCP button on every page.

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:34 pm
Normally you see it on every page where the navbar is.
Yes. I see the same thing.
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:56 am
Forum: phpBB Discussion
Topic: Reason for edit doesn't stick when editing the same post twice
Replies: 5
Views: 491

Re: Reason for edit doesn't stick when editing the same post twice

I think it is a bug, because this time around I haven't got a single issue with the server cookie and my forum is working.

Now, I could be mistaken, but as I recall it in phpBB 3.0 the reason for edit needed to be changed if it already existed.
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:22 am
Forum: phpBB Discussion
Topic: Reason for edit doesn't stick when editing the same post twice
Replies: 5
Views: 491

Reason for edit doesn't stick when editing the same post twice

Just notice this. Has anyone else also notice this?
by Ancient Viking
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:20 am
Forum: phpBB Ideas
Topic: Re-use of existing attachments
Replies: 18
Views: 2473

Re: Re-use of existing attachments

Well, even if this idea is good I understand your argument against it and I agree. I never said this idea wasn't good, I have been wanting this going back many years. If it's part of the core it's guaranteed support for it going forward. I see. What I did say was I don't see how it would work as ex...

Go to advanced search