Search found 332 matches

by Drunky
Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: SOPA and PIPA
Replies: 20
Views: 18468

Re: SOPA and PIPA

None of it will pass. They'll keep trying and trying but nothing will happen. They're stupid about it since the problem is bootleggers and not people who just download some Lady Gaga song.

First post after like 4 years? :P
by Drunky
Fri May 29, 2009 8:15 am
Forum: [3.0.x] Support Forum
Topic: Disable Guest Posting?
Replies: 2
Views: 329

Re: Disable Guest Posting?

Thanks. I'm still getting use to Phpbb 3.0 since I haven't had a PhpBB for about a year now.
by Drunky
Fri May 29, 2009 8:08 am
Forum: [3.0.x] Support Forum
Topic: Disable Guest Posting?
Replies: 2
Views: 329

Disable Guest Posting?

Is this possible? I only found this:

Enable visual confirmation for guest postings:
Requires anonymous users to enter a random code matching an image to help prevent mass postings.

Is there a way to completely disable guests from posting?
by Drunky
Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:25 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Knock off Nigel campaign.
Replies: 21
Views: 3304

Re: Knock off Nigel campaign.

Dont agree. If the services werent there in the first place how would people get the illegal files? If the services had never been invented in the first place, sure. But since the services do already exist, and it is fairly easy to start a new one, forcefully shutting them down (via legal the proce...
by Drunky
Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:19 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: "Internet moments"
Replies: 20
Views: 3186

Re: "Internet moments"

I think my first meme was Hamsterdance. I love lolcats too. My favorite one is the mapquest one and the jammiez one.

Then there are those horrible images that people try to scar you with. Like you would find on 4chan. :roll:
by Drunky
Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:35 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Ebay Noob
Replies: 30
Views: 4381

Re: Ebay Noob

I don't really get the point to extend an auction after the last bid. What is the point to it? Is it because of sniping?
by Drunky
Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:43 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Ebay Noob
Replies: 30
Views: 4381

Re: Ebay Noob

:cry: Yes missed it again. I waited until it was down to 5 seconds and then put in a bid. Usually if someone has bid higher (max bid) then you would get a message showing a red cross and saying that you had been outbid. Fair enough but I got the Green tick showing that I was the highest bidder (clo...
by Drunky
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:06 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

drathbun wrote:
Drunky wrote:Whats immoral about downloading?
Nothing, assuming you have permission from the owner of the content.
How is it immoral when you don't?
by Drunky
Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:50 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

amelio wrote:
Drunky wrote:What is wrong about it? Just because the law says so?
Change the law and everything will ok.

But the morality still exists... ;)
Whats immoral about downloading?
by Drunky
Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:19 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

eUKhost.com wrote:Whether the technology exists to make the process easy, or whether everyone else does it, it doesn’t change what it is. To download is a way of stealing which is wrong and illegal.
What is wrong about it? Just because the law says so?
by Drunky
Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:44 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: End of the English Language!
Replies: 97
Views: 31578

Re: End of the English Language!

Dog Cow wrote:Text speak is vulgar; I never use it.
What do you mean by vulgar?
by Drunky
Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:29 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

Downloading a song online and stealing a physical object is not the same thing. If somebody goes to a store and steals a music CD then the store carrying the CD loses shrink. If they download the CD instead off the internet then nobody loses any money because the store still caries the CD and there...
by Drunky
Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:15 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

With no disrespect intended, I find some of the perspectives here laughable. For example: the belief that downloading digital content, which isn't freely available to the general public, isn't stealing because of, well, whatever reason you wish to use. On the contrary, it is the definition of steal...
by Drunky
Tue May 22, 2007 8:29 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

Shanny wrote:It doesn't matter if it's a chair, a car, a digital file. If you didn't pay for it it's not yours. And if someone asked you not to take it, then DON'T.
Downloading something and taking something physically are not the same thing.
by Drunky
Thu May 03, 2007 1:11 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is it wrong to download?
Replies: 217
Views: 28217

Re: Is it wrong to download?

Yes, and the difference here would be that I am losing something. If I download something from the net, no one has lost anything. You can not lose a potential sale because you didn't have it to begin with. This is just ... wrong, and I don't know why it's so hard to see. You say there is no intenti...

Go to advanced search