Search found 326 matches

by Gud
Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:58 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post Your Workspace - February 2005
Replies: 52
Views: 8377

http://erikjohnsson.net/crap/desk.jpg

I think TC might like what's in the lower left corner. 8)
by Gud
Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:15 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Pre-buit or Custom Built
Replies: 48
Views: 8166

Apple, IBM or Custom Built.
by Gud
Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:12 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: February 2005 Desktops
Replies: 62
Views: 11261

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote: My gentoo workstation desktop: http://junk.wyrihaximus.net/Screenshot-37.png
My gentoo server desktop: http://junk.wyrihaximus.net/Screenshot.png

Grtz,

WyriHaximus


Uhm.. why does your server have a desktop? ;)
by Gud
Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:15 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: February 2005 Desktops
Replies: 62
Views: 11261

by Gud
Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:50 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is Mac skimming off the top of the market?
Replies: 44
Views: 9177

arhodes16 wrote:
Heimidal wrote:
Gud wrote:What exactly can't you do with Open Office that you can do in Adobe Acrobat?

OpenOffice.org gives you the ability to print to PDF in any application?

I think Gud means what else would you want to print to PDF that you couldn't do via OpenOffice.


Exactly. :)
by Gud
Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:02 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Young people are going deeper into debt
Replies: 47
Views: 10468

tuition fees? what's that? ;)
by Gud
Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:09 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What's the risk of electrocuting yourself?
Replies: 29
Views: 7095

remove the powercable and then press the "on" button.

And no, it is extremly unlikely to die from being electrocuted by your computer. ;)
by Gud
Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:03 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Whats is the worst thing you have ever done on a computer?
Replies: 203
Views: 21702

I've done some pretty stupid things. Once I dropped a keyboard on two hard drives that were laying on the floor. :oops: What makes things worse is that they were connected to the computer when it happend. Another stupid thing happend when I was marking a monitor(we had bought about 30 new TFTs at wo...
by Gud
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:58 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is Mac skimming off the top of the market?
Replies: 44
Views: 9177

Heimidal wrote: Or the fact that you'd need to buy Adobe Acrobat for Windows in order to achieve something something OS X has been able to do for quite some time (write PDFs from any app for free).


What exactly can't you do with Open Office that you can do in Adobe Acrobat?
by Gud
Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:16 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Why install linux
Replies: 31
Views: 7872

besides me agreeing completly with Coffee-n-Toast ;) I think the reason for many people switch from windows to GNU/Linux is because they are sick and tired of it BSODing(in my case), Microsofts complete lack of security thinking, Windows general stupidness and the coolness factor(in a very, very gee...
by Gud
Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:59 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Earmarking donations
Replies: 22
Views: 5807

Techie-Micheal wrote: Also, how is 9/11 different from the tsunami? Both need(ed) aid. Also, you say that you are willing to give to the tsunami relief but not 9/11? Why?


Because the US is the richest country in the world, while the southeast asian region is extremly poor?
by Gud
Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:54 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: January 2005 Desktop Showcase!
Replies: 59
Views: 10526

FF8Jake` wrote: using Linux as a desktop os is stupid IMO


I agree. ;)
by Gud
Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:23 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Earmarking donations
Replies: 22
Views: 5807

Personally I believe that the Red Cross(and other organisations) knows best where my money is more needed than I do.
by Gud
Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:00 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Perhaps not the dumbest lawsuit ever
Replies: 34
Views: 7541

Go to advanced search