Logout Redirect

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Logout Redirect

Post by ric323 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:30 am

You don't appear to have a "script path" setting.
On your board, it should be "/forums/". Try correcting that in the admin panel or use the auto-cookie MOD to edit it.

I'm not sure why the auto-cookie MOD didn't display the "recommended settings" correctly, a bad script path shouldn't cause that.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Litterbox

Post by Litterbox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:18 am

According to my Admin CP, my scripts path is already set to /forums/
Script path
The path where phpBB2 is located relative to the domain name: /forums/
I'll try changing it with the Auto Cookie mod, but last time I tried that, it failed.

Edit: Yeah, it didn't do anything. It just takes me back to my web-hosts main site when I click "write changes"

Litterbox

Post by Litterbox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:47 pm

I tried changing my cookies both with Auto Cookie, and in the actual Admin CP. Still nothing.

Seems like nobody else really has any ideas on why this might not be working?

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:53 pm

There is something very unusual about your web server.
Please fill in the Support Request Template to tell us more about your installation.
(Copy the template text back to here, and add your responses.)
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Litterbox

Post by Litterbox » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:46 am

Your board's URL: cpnguild.runhost.net/forums/
Version of phpBB2: 2.0.23
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)?: I installed it manually through FTP.
Was this an install through your host?: No. Again, I uploaded it via FTP, and configured it after through my browser.
MODs you have installed: None as of yet.
When the problem started: Immediately after install. Or at least, as soon as I went to use the forums for this purpose.

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used: SubSilver? (the default phpbb2 theme)
Language(s) used: English (though I recieve language errors occasionally when I tried to install mods previously)
Version of PHP used: 5.1.6
Database and version used: 2006.1 (I don't think this is what you're after, but it's all I could find.)

Also, when I view my php info I see the following functions are disabled.

system, exec, shell_exec, passthru, set_time_limit, error_log, ini_alter, dl, mb_send_mail, proc_open, pfsockopen, openlog, syslog, readlink, symlink, link, leak, fsockopen, popen, escapeshellcmd, apache_child_terminate apache_get_modules, apache_get_version, apache_getenv, apache_note, apache_setenv, virtual

Hopefuly this will shed some light on things, and HOPEFULY, I won't have to scrap this project due to my hosts restrictions.

Litterbox

Post by Litterbox » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:07 am

I take it from the lack of responses after my post that I'm not going to be able to get this fixed?

momentum

Post by momentum » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 am

Having just tried to register on your forum I see you're also having problems with the mail() function.
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
Who is you host?

Craig.
QOTY: phpBB is free, good hosting is not. - robert (Lumpy Burgertushie)

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:42 pm

This is a free host. The only indication I see that they have PHP is this:
To activate Safemode() and Sendmail() on your account we require you post 50 QUALITY posts on our forum.
That may explain the email problem at least.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Litterbox

Post by Litterbox » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Sorry for not responding for a while. Yes, I'm on a free host, and I'm aware of the issue involving the e-mail. Though I don't intend to use e-mail for anything forums wise when it's all completed. (Authorization for registering will be handled by the administration) Though if that fails, I might comply with their "50 quality posts" requirement, and enable myself the use of mail.

I've since deleted my old login script, and am trying to my hand instead now on altering the actual login.php file. Right now I've stripped it of just about everything (Header, menus, tables), even the copyright. But don't worry, once everything is finished I'll reapply the copyright to my actual page, rather than the login-box, since this box is intended to be squeezed into an iframe.

The forums for my site are going to work almost entirely for database purposes only. There will be no actual "forum" on the site. Only a member-list with private messaging, and hopefuly a money script down the line. The forums our members gather on for this are handled on the official game forums. So if all goes well, you should never actually make it into the forums directory while viewing my site. At least, not outside of an i-frame.

Sabbas

Post by Sabbas » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:11 am

I discovered that without the line parameter in bold:

<input type="submit" value="Login" name="login" />

I had the exact same error as you're describing.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”