Will he wonk her?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785

Favorite classic confection

Poll ended at Thu Oct 11, 2001 10:41 pm

Nerds
23%
candy cigarettes
18%
Gobstoppers
9%
Big League Chew
No votes
Hubba Bubba (man, I wish they still made this one!!)
32%
my mommy made me eat apples instead
18%

Total votes: 22

TC
Former Team Member

Will he wonk her?

Post by TC » Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:41 pm

Someone brought in a bag of misc candies for the workplace, it being the Halloween season and all. In this bag were some of my all-time classic candy favorites that I hadn't seen (let alone eaten) in years! I was stoked. So, in honor of that, I see a fitting time for me to test out this cool new 'poll' thingy. I know, "Another one??", but hey.... :lol:

TC

mitsubishi

Post by mitsubishi » Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:56 pm

That's odd, DBurtons poll above comes up as the options where this one just comes up as the results :? I'd have to vote for nerds from the list, but really they are a sweet by themselfs and not something you'd expect to find in bag. What are bottle tops? Are they like milk duds? Anyways fizy cola bottles are better.

mitsubishi

Post by mitsubishi » Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:59 pm

Oh BTW where are you? Hubba Bubba is still available here . I think you can even get hubba bubba lollies, well I think they had them at Gatecrasher once.

TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC » Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:15 pm

AAAAAAHHHHHHH! Hubba Bubba was the best thing to ever happen to gum!! I'm in the midwest USA. We get nothing (and like it).

Odd about the poll not showing up properly.

And if you don't know what BottleCaps are, you're missing out!! No, they're not Whoppers, they're sort of bottle-capped in shape (hence the name :) ) and are various flavors, with my personal fav being root beer!

Ah, joy. BTW, I think Hubba Bubba was the first gum to ever come out with blueberry as a flavor.

dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Post by dhn » Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:18 pm

Same problem here, I am not able to vote

AL

Post by AL » Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:31 pm

did you put a limit on the poll or leave it unlimited? maybe that could cause others not to be able to vote. i've also noticed that once you've voted you can't vote again, and anonymous users cannot vote either - they auto get results.

mitsubishi

Post by mitsubishi » Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:39 pm

:D I can vote now! Maybe I couldn't vote because I was logged in when it was posted so I had to go away? (don't know why that would make any difference, but..) I think these bottlecaps sound alright (is root beer ginger beer?) Personally I always liked cola hubba bubba, I can remember now why it was good, you could shovel a couple of packs into your mouth at once and then try and breathe whilst having something the size of (squidgy) tennis ball in your mouth.

psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX » Mon Oct 01, 2001 11:42 pm

You couldn't vote because someone changed the vote_desc.vote_length field type back from int(11) to tinyint(4) which screwed up the storage of the non-zero timestamp thus causing the poll to think it should close ... I've corrected that now so it should be fine again :)

Shantra

Post by Shantra » Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:20 am

Hubba Bubba is king!! I remember the time when I put the whole package in the mouth at once. That was the times :roll:
Sorry to here that you cant get it!!

Danno

Post by Danno » Tue Oct 02, 2001 4:46 am

Mmmm... Candy cigarettes.

Cigarettes are still candy for me! :D

I haven't had one for over two weeks now, though. I can feel my uber-admin powers fading... nooooo!!! Hehehhehe!

Tevlik Dovrer

Post by Tevlik Dovrer » Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:35 am

they are all so good...... I just wish I could have voted for all of them :cry:

The Flib

Post by The Flib » Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:13 pm

Come on, gotta go with Big League Chew. The guy who came up with it, Jim Bouton, is friends with my brother. Wait, hang on, I know his brother. That's right. Anyway, i've blown 6-inch diameter bubbles, then taken them out and frozen them (they shrink a little). Then, when they are nice and hard, I fill them with water and freeze that. Vuala, ice ball in the middle of summer. Great for when you have nothing to do and (i live on a side street) people are driving 600000 miles per hour, likely to smush the kids down the street. Ya take your gum/ice ball, and chuck it at the guy's car. If you're lucky, you crack his window, then run back inside and write a coupla lines of code while he tries to find ya. So candy can be sweet in so many ways...
I am no longer doing any phpBB related projects. Except Vertex, which is only a front for Sphereal.

http://sphereal.com/

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”