Install Service??

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785

Should I start an Install Service, if so, how much would you pay?

Yes, but Keep it Free
40%
Yes, 5dollars
20%
Yea, 10dollars
No votes
I could Care less
40%

Total votes: 5

Kylecool

Install Service??

Post by Kylecool »

HI,

I opened up installitforme.com to install BBS's. Well, it wasn't too successful. I was thinking if I should start up an installation service exclusively for phpBB users. They could login and send their info to us and we can install it for them. Since I anticipate a lot of requests, people can help me as well. What do you think about this? Would you pay 5bucks for this? Or should I not do it? Should I let it be FREE? Give me your insight.

-Kyle
VACATION UNTIL june 29TH or 30th. :)
Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry »

I for one wouldn’t mind paying but I would prefer someone writing up clear install directions so that I can learn to do it on my own.
Kylecool

Post by Kylecool »

Hi,

I believe there are directions somewhere, but I will be doing this service for free. :) I am making some finishing touches on the control panel for my clients. Once again, this will be free. You will have a control panel on my website where you can see my status on installing it. I have to check on getting a secure certificate though. I had one through freessl.com but I moved servers and lost it. :( I'm working on it though.

-Kyle
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

Make your own cert... They are just as secure... So, yeah, make your own cert....

Dan

Sheps
Kylecool

Post by Kylecool »

Sheps wrote: Make your own cert... They are just as secure... So, yeah, make your own cert....

Dan

How do I "make my own cert?" I can generate a key file, how do I actually get the 2nd part? Can You IM me using one of the various methods in my sig.? Thanks so much. :)

-Kyle
The Milkman

Post by The Milkman »

Dzien Dobry wrote: I for one wouldn’t mind paying but I would prefer someone writing up clear install directions so that I can learn to do it on my own.

Look here and here and maybe even in the /docs directory of phpBB2.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”