How to remove eXtreme Styles Mod

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
tabor

How to remove eXtreme Styles Mod

Post by tabor »

Hi,

Please forgive me if I post wrong forum It's just because I couldn't find eXtreme Styles Mod thread.

My problem is happened when I tried to remove it from my forum. The forum's topic seem mess up and when I went to change profile (user control panel) I got this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/../public_html/forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 312
If anyone know how to fix. Please help.

Thanks,
Last edited by ric323 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How to remove eXtreme Styles Mod

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

tabor wrote:Hi,

Please forgive me if I post wrong forum It's just because I couldn't find eXtreme Styles Mod thread.

My problem is happened when I tried to remove it from my forum. The forum's topic seem mess up and when I went to change profile (user control panel) I got this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/../public_html/forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 312
If anyone know how to fix. Please help.

Thanks,
the xs MOD does not edit any of the phpbb files to my knowledge. Therefore, there is no reason to edit any of the files to remove it. You simply delete all the xs files from your server and you are done.

that error means that there is a problem in your profile_add_body.tpl file.
most likely a switch is missing or not on a line by itself.
( this file was not modified by the XS MOD so that is not the problem )

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
tabor

Post by tabor »

Lumpy Burgertushie,

Thanks for helping me. I believe it made something changed because it happened error when I replace that with original template. If I put extreme's template back everything back to normal without error.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

tabor wrote:Lumpy Burgertushie,

Thanks for helping me. I believe it made something changed because it happened error when I replace that with original template. If I put extreme's template back everything back to normal without error.
oh yes, I forgot about XS repacing the template.php file.

however, if switching the XS version of the file is causing the error, then there is something wrong with the file you are using.

therefore, download the complete zip file of phpbb version 2.0.23 from here in the downloads section.

then unzip it, and take the template file from there and replace the XA one with it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
tabor

Post by tabor »

I figured out! It's just because my template problem. There has a mod I forgot to uninstall that part. Thanks Robert :mrgreen:

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”