Nagging Error

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
georgop

Nagging Error

Post by georgop » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:11 am

Does anyone know what this error is caused by and-- hopefully-- how it is cured?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method db_mysql::sql_query() in /hsphere/local/home/gridiron/sportsgrumblings.com/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 282

I am running a site that uses aMember for authentication that has phpBB integrated...
Fantasy Football's Center of Excellence
http://www.GridironGrumblings.com

espicom

Re: Nagging Error

Post by espicom » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 pm

That is not a phpBB v2 error, so I suspect you're in the wrong section, but it means that your code is not picking up the right database engine, meaning it probably isn't reading the configuration file...
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

georgop

Post by georgop » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:11 pm

espicom wrote:That is not a phpBB v2 error, so I suspect you're in the wrong section, but it means that your code is not picking up the right database engine, meaning it probably isn't reading the configuration file...
The interesting thing is that if I simply refresh the page that causes this error, the page will then load properly and the error goes away for the duration of that session... which kinda had me thinking that there was some sort of conflict with the aMember sessions....
Fantasy Football's Center of Excellence
http://www.GridironGrumblings.com

espicom

Post by espicom » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Does your code try to connect to the database, or does it use the existing connection? One of the security fixes imposed a few years ago was to clear certain variables used to make the database connection, once the phpBB software had made that connection. Several MODs were broke, because they tried to make their own connection... and the password was no longer available. Simply removing the second connect request fixed that... But, it isn't something you would know about until/unless you ran into it, like I did... :roll:
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”