Complicated Usergroup Question

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Fender963

Complicated Usergroup Question

Post by Fender963 »

Okay this is a fairly complicated User group question from a fairly incompetent php person.

The way I set my moderators to be able to moderator all forums was to make an usergroup labelled moderators. I then set the permissions so that they had moderator privilages in all forums.

Now I have been trying incoorporate the chat mod by Smartor into my site but would like to set a usergroup to have admin capabilities in the chat room. Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find code that checks to see if a usergroup has permission to do something?
I.E Where it checks to see if the group moderators has permission to edit in a forum... Hopefully I might just be able to then use this in the chat mod!

Hopefully that made some sense!
Kyle
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

No such code exists, if I understand you correctly.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
blueadmin

Post by blueadmin »

i think the only way would be to make them admins or change the chat mod. ask in the cha mod disscussion thread, that might give you some answers.
Ho Ho Ho merry christmas
You Stuck? Read this before askinghere and here
Fender963

Post by Fender963 »

THank you for both answers..... Blue Admin the question has been asked multiple times before and the only answer anyone can get is... Wait for version 2. While we are on this discussion does anyone know of a good free chat client?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”