Upgrade from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and MySql Query

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jonathanm_21

Upgrade from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and MySql Query

Post by jonathanm_21 »

Folks

I am just looking for some basic advice. I have been operating a phpbb on my site and have recently upgraded from using version 2.0.4 to version 2.0.6.

Unfortunately, I used the 2.0.5_to_2.0.6.zip file INSTEAD of the 2.0.4_to_2.0.6.zip. Will this mistake have any implications for my board (ie. security or running it)?.

Lastly, I have also notcided that I selected that my database is a mysql 4 db. My db is actually a mysql3 db - how can i change this (ie in the configuration) - and will it have any implications if i do?.

Many thanks

Jonathan
blueadmin

Post by blueadmin »

Unfortunately, I used the 2.0.5_to_2.0.6.zip file INSTEAD of the 2.0.4_to_2.0.6.zip. Will this mistake have any implications for my board (ie. security or running it)?.

it shouldn't do.
Lastly, I have also notcided that I selected that my database is a mysql 4 db. My db is actually a mysql3 db - how can i change this (ie in the configuration) - and will it have any implications if i do?.

Open up the config.php file and change $dbms = "mysql4";
to $dbms = "mysql";
Ho Ho Ho merry christmas
You Stuck? Read this before askinghere and here
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

1) Do it over with the correct files, but do not run an update script.
2) Open config.php, change $dbms = 'mysql4'; to $dbms = 'mysql';
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”