Special Ranks don't work

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Sihirbaz

Special Ranks don't work

Post by Sihirbaz » Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:17 pm

I have created a couple of special ranks.

I have set these for a couple of users in user management, but they do not appear next to names in posts.

vispa

Post by vispa » Sun May 19, 2002 11:35 pm

Hi

I have also got this problem. I have upgraded a 1.4.4 board to final release this afternoon....everything went very smoothly I must add.

The old board had one rank setup, which was correctly upgraded and assigned to the admin user as it should.

I can add further new ranks into phpbb 2.0 admin without any problems, and they add themselves into the list to edit in the future.

However the problem I have is that I can't assign any of these new ranks to users. I can lookup a user, and sure enough the ranks show in the drop down list....however if I select a rank, click submit they don't actually take effect.....do a search on the same user again shows the message 'no special ranks assigned'. However do a search on the orginal admin user, sure enough the selected rank is listed as you would expect.

So coding buddies what you broke :?

Martin

vispa

Post by vispa » Mon May 20, 2002 6:11 pm

*bump*

AesyaN

Post by AesyaN » Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:15 am

i clean installd phpbb 2.0.1...no upgrade
iv set up 2 normal ranks (newbie , level 1) and a special rank (admin king)
i set myself as admin king...
this shows up in my viewin profile page but it says im a newbie in the posts i made
:? :?
~~

AesyaN

Post by AesyaN » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:31 am

^bump^
~~

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”